[SOLVED!] Safari Not Loading Pages on iPhone 14 & iPad?
by Sophie Green Updated on 2023-01-04 / Update for iOS 14
Is Safari not loading websites on your iPhone 14/13? This is a common issue encountered by both iOS 16 and iOS 15 users. If you’re facing this issue, then you’ll be glad to hear that you’re in the ideal place! In today’s guide, we’ll briefly elaborate on why you might be facing this issue as well provide all the reliable fixes to Safari not loading pages on iPhone 14. Read on to know more.
- Part 1: Reasons for Safari Not Loading Pages on iOS 16/15
- Part 2: How to Solve 'Safari Not Loading Pages' with Success
- Plus: What’s New about Safari on iOS 16
Part 1: Reasons for Safari Not Loading Pages on iOS 16/15
Why is safari not loading pages on iPhone 14/13? Well, there could be many reasons and some probable reasons are listed below. Be sure to go through each scenario and counter your issue with the appropriate solution.
- The URL entered while trying to open a site might be incorrect or unavailable.
- An unstable Wi-Fi connection can prevent safari from loading certain sites.
- Your DNS server might be blocking the site that you’re trying to reach.
- The page might be restricted to load on Safari.
- Largely occupied cached memory might be preventing the site from loading.
- Your cellular data provider isn't compatible with iPhone 13 now.
Part 2: How to Solve 'Safari Not Loading Pages' with Success
Now, let’s take a look at all possible solution to resolve the issue of Safari not loading websites. Give each method a try and find out what works best to instantly solve your issue.
1. Type Correct URL to Fix Websites Not Loading Properly Safari
If you’re accessing your site by entering the URL, then you should double check it before actually searching for it. An incomplete or incorrect URL might prevent you from reaching the desired site.
2. Check Wi-Fi Connection & Change DNS Server(Optional)
If you’re using an unstable or inefficient network connection, then this may lead to Safari not loading pages on iPhone. You need to make sure that your internet connection is functioning properly with an appropriate network speed. If you’re on cellular data, I’d suggest you switch to Wi-Fi connection as it is much more reliable. If you still face the same problem, then you may try to modify your DNS server settings on your iPhone. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Tap the ‘i’ button in front of your Wi-Fi network connection.
- Press the ‘Configure DNS’ option and select ‘Manual’.
- Select ‘Add Server’ and add the Google DNS server by either entering 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168.
Select ‘Save’ to finalize the changes.
3. Clear Caches and Cookies
Why is Safari not loading websites on iPhone 14/13? A reasonable explanation could be because of the stored cached data and cookies. You can easily clear this unnecessary data by following the steps below.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Navigate to and select ‘Safari’.
Select ‘Clear History and Website Data’ to instantly get rid of all cached memory and cookies.
4. Turn off Safari Extensions
Turning off safari extensions can solve your issue of Safari not loading websites on Mac. In some cases, these extensions may prevent Safari from running properly. The steps below indicate how you can turn off such Safari extensions.
- Go to the Safari Menu/Preferences page.
- Tap the ‘Extensions’ tab.
- Select the extension that you need to remove and press ‘Uninstall’.
5. Turn off Safari Experimental Features
Safari offers iPhones users a number of experimental features that can, at times, cause complications like safari not loading pages properly. In this case, you must turn off all Safari experimental features by following the procedure below.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down and press ‘Safari’ to enter the Safari menu.
- Go to the bottom of the page and press ‘Advanced’.
Select ‘Experimental Features’ and turn off all features.
6. Check Content Restriction If Certain Pages Won't Load on Safari
Anyway, iPhone users can block certain or all websites on Safari with its restriction feature. If iPhone 14/13 Safari is not loading pages, then you need to ensure that no content restrictions have been placed on the site that you’re trying to visit.
- Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Then select Content Restrictions and tap on Web Content.
There, you can change the restriction of websites, and see if the websites have been listed in Never allow.
7. Fix Safari Not Loading Pages on iPhone with ReiBoot
You may also try and fix the issue with the help of Tenorshare ReiBoot.
ReiBoot is one of the best iOS recovery tool for iPhone 14/13 and iPad users in 2023. It can help you get past the issue of websites not loading on Safari if this is caused by a faulty iOS installed on your device. The complete process of using ReiBoot for this purpose is described below.
Download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer. Connect your device with the computer via a USB cable. Form the home page, click on "Start" to process.
Choose Standard Repair to the next step.
Then press ‘Download’ to get the firmware package.
Afterward, click on ‘Start Standard Repair’ to get started with the recovery process.
When the repair is complete. Wait for the device to reboot, then done.
With a constantly evolving tool like Safari, frequent bugs and errors like Safari not loading pages or Safari not opening websites are very likely to occur. Be sure to try Tenorshare ReiBoot to ensure that you never get held back by such glitches caused by a faulted iOS version. If you have tried to work out safari not loading when on cellular iPhone 14/13, go to contact your carrier and report this problem.
- Fix iPhone won't restore in recovery mode;
- Fix my iPhone is stuck on the Apple Logo,iPhone screen went black, iOS downgrade stuck, iPhone update stuck, etc.
- Support all iPhone models and the latest iOS 16 and earlier.
Plus: What’s New in Safari in iOS 16
With the recent release of iOS 16, several new features have been added to Safari. Following are some of the major changes seen after this iOS 16 update.
New 1: Pinned Tabs
Safari's pinned tabs feature is finally available in the latest iOS 16 and iPadOS 16. It allows users to pin and keep certain websites on top, helping users access websites they regularly visit with ease.
New 2: Shared Tab Groups
With iOS 16, you can now share all the web pages you've grouped together with friends and family and they can add tabs and see the Tab Group update instantly.
New 2: Passkeys
Passkeys is rolled out to replace the traditional passwords when signing into websites or apps, making the sign-in method more safer and easier.