Fix Photos Stuck on Preparing to Import from iPhone with 5 Easy Ways
Even though transferring photos from iPhone to Mac is easier most of the time. However, sometimes the process can halt due to preparing to import from iPhone problem. Well, there can be various reasons behind the occurrence of photos preparing to import from iPhone.
Fortunately, there is always a solution to avoid getting stuck in photos preparing to import from the iPhone problem. Here in this guide, we have brought some amazing yet most effective ones for you. So, here we go:
- Part 1: 5 Ways to Easily Fix Photos Stuck on Preparing to Import from iPhone
- Part 2: Use Other Photos Transfer Tools to Avoid "Stuck on Preparing to Import from iPhone"
Part 1: 5 Ways to Easily Fix Photos Stuck on Preparing to Import from iPhone
Let’s get to know different ways of dealing with photos preparing to import from iPhone:
1. Check Whether Your iOS Device has Trusted the Mac
If you don’t connect your iPhone to mac regularly, then you need to turn on “trust the computer” to avoid preparing to import photos from iPhone for longer. For this, simply confirm that you trust the mac, and then enter your passcode on your iOS device.
However, if you have connected the iPhone already, then the pop-up will appear and you just need to tap “Trust”. Do not need to enter our passcode.
2. Reset Location & Privacy
If you are seeing preparing to import from iPhone on screen but your device isn't recognized by the mac, then this can be because of a connection error. Sometimes, the connection error can occur because of location and privacy settings as well.
- Go to settings and then General.
- Click on Transfer or Reset iPhone/Reset.
Select Reset Location and Privacy on iPhone and it’s done. This can help you to resolve preparing to import from iPhone.
3. Restart the iOS Device and Mac
Restarting your iPhone or Mac is the most simple way to deal with a glitch and avoid the “photos preparing to import from iPhone” error occurs. To restart your mac to deal with photos preparing to import from iPhone, simply choose Apple Menu and select Restart. However, different iPhone generations can be restarted differently. Here we have described each generation for your ease.
iPhone SE, 5, or Earlier:
- Press and hold the button on your iPhone’s top to let the slider button appear, then drag that slider and wait for up to 30 seconds to turn your device off.
- Now again press the top button and hold it until the Apple logo appears on the screen to turn it on.
iPhone SE, 8, 7, or 6:
- Press and hold the side button until the power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider button and hold it for 30 seconds to turn your device off.
- Now press and hold the side button to turn it back on.
iPhone X, 11, 12, or 13/14:
- For these iPhone versions, you need to press the power button and volume button collectively.
- Then drag the power off slider and wait for 30 seconds.
- Now you can turn your iPhone back on.
4. Turn Off iCloud Photos Sync
To fix photos preparing to import from iPhone problem, you can turn off iCloud photos. It may be because your iCloud photos are syncing with your iPhone photos, which need a strong internet connection. And this process may disturb your Mac to detect the photos on your iPhone. To turn off iCloud Photos Sync, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings of your iPhone.
- Click on App ID and then iCloud > photos.
Now turn the iCloud Photos off.
Trying these steps may simply resolve photos preparing to import from iPhone quickly.
5. Update Your iOS Device and Mac to the Latest Version
If your iOS device and Mac don’t have the latest iOS/OS version, it may cause an incompatibility problem. This will further lead to photos preparing to import from iPhone problem. To resolve this solution, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Then click on General and go to Software Update.
Select Download and Install if there has a new software version. You need to make sure that your iPhone has enough power.
You can update your mac system as follows:
- Choose System Preferences from Apple Menu available in your screen’s corner.
- Click on Software Update and then Update Now to install available OS updates.
Part 2: Use Other Photos Transfer Tools to Avoid "Stuck on Preparing to Import from iPhone"
Here are some other ways to avoid preparing to import photos from iPhone problem effectively:
1. Use iCareFone to Import Photos form iPhone to Mac with One-Click
iCareFone is an amazing solution to import photos from iPhone to mac. iCareFone can let you transfer photos from iPhone to Mac with one click only. With this solution, you can turn up an easier and better way to back up your iPhone without any restrictions.
It also offers 2 transfer options i.e, batch and selective transfer for your convenience. Most importantly, iCareFone can let you import and export data across devices without any Apple ID restrictions. What’s more, it can also backup your iPhone’s data to PC totally for free.
This solution is compatible for the latest iOS 16 and iPhone 14/Plus/Pro/Pro Max.
How to use iCareFone to avoid mac photos preparing to import from iPhone? Here are the steps to follow:
Download iCareFone on your Mac or PC and install it. Now connect your iPhone with it and click on Trust this Device to start the process.
Once the device is connected, now you have to select One-Click to Export Photos to PC.
Now wait for a while and all the photos will be transferred from your phone to PC automatically.
This can let you export/import all your images from iPhone to Mac without facing mac photos preparing to import from iPhone problem.
2. Use Image Capture
Using image capture is another way to resolve preparing to import from iPhone stuck problem effectively. This application allows you an easier way to import photos from iPhone. However, image capture sometimes can be slower and requires more steps to complete the process.
Here are the steps to use image capture in this regard:
- Connect iPhone with Mac and let it complete syncing process.
- In the application folders, you will find image capture. Run this application and enter a passcode.
- Now you will see iPhone in the list of devices in the left panel.
Your photos will appear in both Photos and image capture. Now select and import your preferred ones without preparing to import from iPhone stuck problem anymore.
3. Use AirDrop
To resolve photos preparing to import from iPhone, here is another solution for it. You can send iPhone photos to mac wirelessly using AirDrop. However, this method is only helpful when you just need to transfer several photos. If you need to transfer a large number of photos, you will waste much time with this method. Here are the steps to follow for this “photos preparing to import from iPhone” fix:
- Click on Settings and turn on your Bluetooth on iPhone.
- Open photos and choose images you want to transfer.
- Click on the share button and then select AirDrop.
Choose mac to transfer these photos. If it doesn’t appear, double-check its Bluetooth settings. Once the process is completed, you can view these photos on your Mac.
We use our iPhones to capture special moments of life. However, sometimes sharing photos from iPhone to Mac can be problematic due to photos stuck on preparing to import from iPhone. While the fixes given above can help you in this regard effectively. However, iCareFone is a great choice for you to import photos without getting stuck. So, you must give that tool a try.