iPhone Headphones Jack Not Working, How to Fix It?
My iPhone no longer recognizes when I plug in headphones or any other external audio device. A software upgrade fixed this problem once, but the problem has come back and upgrades won't fix it. No matter what I plug into the headphone jack, audio continues to play out of the phone speakers. I'm outside of my warranty and not near an Apple store. Help?
Have you ever met the same issue mentioned below? Your iPhone not detecting headphones and the symptoms are extremely wired. You are going to adjust the volume level but "ringer (headphones)" pops up on your screen, and the sound can't work through the normal speaker output.
Some iPhone users think it as their iPhone speakers suddenly not working or that something goes wrong. But that is actually pretty rare. Probably your iPhone gets stuck in headphone mode. You can usually fix the issue really quickly without anything but to do following the next ways. Here is how to fix iPhone headphone jack not working.
Try those ways first to fix iPhone headphone jack not working
Before we take steps to fix the headphones not working issue as a software glitch, please have a routine examination and do following several things.
- Make sure that nothing is covering the headset microphone.
- Make sure that the headphone has a built-in microphone.
- Unplug the headset from iPhone and cleanup any crud from the headset jack. Later plug it back in.
- Make sure the headphone is plugged in right way. If you are using a case, remove it to make sure it's not getting in the way.
- Try to use another headphone. If the issue also happens with the other headset, you are supposed to ask help for Apple Store. If the other headset works normally, you have to change new one.
- Try to adjust the volume on your iPhone using the volume buttons and the Volume slider in Control Center.
Repair iPhone System to Fix iPhone Headphones Jack Not Working
If the headphones still not be detected, it could be a software malfunction of iOS, like iPhone stuck in headphones mode. I sincerely recommend Tenorshare ReiBoot for you to get your iPhone out of headphone mode to fix headphone not working issue. This iPhone repair software empowers you to fix 50+ iOS system issues without data loss, inclulding iPhone headphones mode, iPhone recovery mode loop, iPhone stuck on Apple logo, black screen, etc.
Download and install ReiBoot free, let's see how to fix iPhone headphones not detected issue.
After system recovery, your iPhone will be restarted. You can plug in headphones and iPhone will recognize the headphones now.