Top 5 Solutions to Fix iPhone Screen Flickering
- 1. iPhone 6 touch screen become unresponsive with a gray flickering bar at the top of the screen. This hardware flaw is also known as the "Touch Disease". Note that this issue is unique with Phone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. (See Solution 1)
- 2. iPhone screen keeps flickering when you're switching between apps, using 3D Touch or trying to search your iPhone with Spotlight. It could happen to iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6/5s and lower. (See Solution 2, Solution 3, Solution 4, Solution 5)
Recommended Solutions to Fix iPhone Screen Flickering
- Solution 1. Apple Multi-Touch Repair Program for iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus
- Solution 2. Close All Open Apps
- Solution 3. Fix iPhone Screen Flickering without Data Loss
- Solution 4. Turn Brightness Downs
- Solution 5. Turn Reduce Transparency On (for iPhone 6s Plus)
As described in symptom 1, the iPhone 6 "Touch Disease" is said to stem from Apple's design of its logic board for this particular phone. This board is home to most of the circuits that make your iPhone work, including the processor, storage, and touch controllers.
Apple has come up with Multi-Touch Repair Program to fix iPhone 6 Plus "Touch Disease", which claims to repair affected devices for a flat service price of 9. In order to have your devices repaired, you can visit either an Apple Authorized Service Provider, an Apple Retail Store, or contact Apple Technical Support.
How to fix iPhone flickering screen if yours is not the gray flickering bar in iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus? In this case, it might be resulted from some software issue or instability. Check the following solutions.
- Double click home button.
- All open apps will appear in a mini version on your screen.
- Sweep each app up to close it.
For system problem, Tenorshare ReiBoot is recommended to repair iOS system without data loss. It supports to fix all kinds of iOS system issues by downloading the iOS firmware and repairing the system. No matter your iPhone is won't turn on or it is stuck on Apple logo loop, this program is your best choice because all your data will be preserved.
- Download this free program to your Windows PC or Mac.
- Start Tenorshare ReiBoot on computer and connect iPhone with USB cable.
- As the program interface shows up, choose "Repair Operating System" on the main interface.
- Click "Start Repair" and you'll enter the interface to download firmware package.
- With the firmware package, ReiBoot will repair iOS and fix the iOS problem.
Instead of rebooting and hard reset, there's another easy fix that worth trying.
- Go to Settings—>Brightness, set your brightness to the lowest possible and keep this state for some time. Also disable Auto-Brightness.
- After about ten minutes, set the brightness back to full and the screen wasn't flickering anymore.
The Reduce Transparency option makes the iPhone 6s Plus graphical workload less by removing some of the transparent aesthetic features Apple has put into iOS 9. Spotlight, for example, has a grey background with Reduce Transparency turned on instead a murky image of your home screen wallpaper.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Increase Contrast -> Reduce Transparency
- Turn Reduce Transparency on.
After this, your iPhone 6s Plus will be as buttery smooth as a regular iPhone 6s.
Hope this article is helpful in fixing iPhone flickering problem in iOS 12/11.