Top 8 Ways to Fix iPhone Voicemail Not Working
It's been quite a long time since we have been enjoying visual voicemail feature on our iPhone. From 2007 Apple's visual voicemail feature has been helping us to see a list of our messages and choose which one to listen or delete. But after iOS 12 update, or for bad network issues, a lot of iPhone users have been facing iPhone voicemail not working issue. So if you are one of them whose visual voicemail is currently unavailable on iPhone, then this article can help you out. You will get the best 8 solutions to fix iPhone voicemail not working issue from here.
- Common iPhone Voicemail Not Working Problems
- Way 1: Close and Reopen the Phone App
- Way 2: Restart your iPhone
- Way 3: Check If Voicemail Was Set Up Properly
- Way 4: Turn on and off Airplane Mode
- Way 5: Reset Voicemail Password
- Way 6: Update the Carrier Settings
- Way 7: Toggle Cellular Service
- Way 8: Fix iPhone Voicemail Not Working with ReiBoot
Common iPhone Voicemail Not Working Problems
1. iPhone not showing or downloading voicemails
2. The Phone app on your iPhone isn't working correctly
3. Visual voicemail not working after iOS Update
4. No voicemails alerts/notifications on iPhone
5. Voicemail is currently unavailable/cannot access voicemail
6. Unable to hear or listen to a voicemail message
Way 1: Close and Reopen the Phone App
The first way to solve the visual voicemail not working issue on your iPhone is by closing and reopening the phone app. Sometimes the easiest solution can solve bigger problems in no time. So at first close your voicemail app and reopen it again to see if your problem exists or not. If you are still facing the problem than proceed to the next way.
Way 2: Restart your iPhone
If visual voicemail is currently unavailable in your iPhone, you can try solving this issue by restarting it. Here is how to do it.
If you use iPhone 6s or older, you need to press and hole the "Home" button and the "Volume Down" button (Power button when you use iPhone 6) until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
If you use iPhone 7/7Plus, press and hold the Power (On/Off) button and Volume Down button to restart your device.
If you are having an iPhone 8/8 Plus/X, then you will need to press the volume up and down button. Then, long press the side button till the Apple logo appears and the device restarts.
Way 3: Check If Voicemail Was Set Up Properly
Sometimes an update can change your handset configuration. So you need to check if voicemail was set up properly so that you can fix iPhone visual voicemail not working issue. Here is how to do it.
1. Go to your phone app and choose Voicemail.
2. Tap on "Set Up Now".
3. Create a new voicemail password and confirm it by tapping "Done".
4. You can either choose default greeting or set a custom greeting by recording it yourself.
5. Finally tap "Done" to save it.
Way 4: Turn on and off Airplane Mode
Some users have been able to solve voicemail not showing up on iPhone by simply turning their Airplane mode on and off. All you need to do is go to "Settings" and then go to Airplane mode option. Now turn the Airplane mode on and after 30 seconds, turn it off.
Way 5: Reset Voicemail Password
You can try solving your voicemail not working issue by resetting the voicemail password. Here is how to do it.
1. First, log in to the carrier's website or contact their customer service.
2. Then, navigate to your Voicemail tab from the Phone app.
3. Finally, you will get a new pop up screen will appear and tell you to set up the voicemail.
Way 6: Update the Carrier Settings
Your carrier sometime might push an update for the cellular service. You can try updating the carrier settings to solve this issue.
1. Go to the "Settings" option, choose "General" and then choose "About".
2. If any update is available for installing, it will appear.
Way 7: Toggle Cellular Service
You may also find a solution of visual voicemail not working issue by toggling the cellular service. Here is how to do it
1. First you need to go to the "Settings" option and then choose "Cellular".
2. Now go to "Cellular Data" and tap on it to turn it off.
3. After waiting for a few seconds then tap on the switch to make the cellular data turn on again.
4. Finally you can restart your iPhone and check if visual voicemail is working or not.
Way 8: Fix iPhone Voicemail Not Working with ReiBoot
Last but not least, this is the best way to solve your iPhone's visual voicemail not working issue. Tenorshare ReiBootis the best software on the internet that can solve various iOS system issues easily. It can help you to enter or exit the recovery mode of your iPhone in 1 click. It's compatible with all iPhone/iPad/iPod models and also all iOS versions. The most important thing is you can use its "Fix All iOS Stuck" feature to fix iPhone voicemail not working issue.
1. Download, install and launch the software on your PC and connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable. Now click on "Fix All iOS Stuck" when your device is detected. From the main interface, click on "Fix Now" to proceed.
2. Now on the firmware download page, you can click on the "Browse" button to set the path for the firmware to download. Then click on the "Download" button.
3. After finishing the firmware download, click on the "Start Repair" button to start system repairing. It can take almost 10 minutes to finish the process and make sure that your device never gets disconnected during the process.
You have already learnt the best 8 ways to fix iPhone voicemail not working issue by reading this article. The best way to fix this issue is by using Reiboot to get a zero data loss and smooth result. Trust me, Reiboot won't let you down.