Top 6 Ways to Fix iPhone Not Showing Contacts
It has been a very common problem for a lot of iPhone users. Upgrading to the latest iOS 12 but the contacts not showing on iPhone. In this article, you will find different ways that can solve contacts not showing on iPhone X/8/8 Plus/ 7/7 Plus/6s/6 issue easily. Keep reading till the end to find a solution that best suits you.
- Part 1: Why Contacts Not Showing Up on iPhone?
- Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Not Showing Contacts Efficiently?
Part 1: Why Contacts Not Showing Up on iPhone?
There are various reasons why contacts not showing up on your iPhone. Here are some of them that can describe what actually is happening.
1. iPhone is unable to access contacts on iCloud:
Most of the time, your iPhone is not showing contacts because it's unable to access contacts on iCloud.
2. Wrong Cloud Credentials:
If your iCloud credentials are wrong, it can make your iPhone 6/6s/7/7 Plus/8/8 Plus/X not to show contact names.
3. Groups are switched off:
Maybe your groups are switched off and it can be a normal reason for your contacts not showing on iPhone 6/6s/7/7 Plus/8/8 Plus/X.
4. iTunes Sync errors:
All contacts are not showing on iPhone, maybe because the iTunes is not synced properly. This syncing error can also cause the problem.
5. Software Glitches:
Software glitches can also stop your iPhone 6/6s/7/7 Plus/8/8 Plus/X in not showing contact names.
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Not Showing Contacts Efficiently?
Here are the best 6 ways that can help you to fix iPhone not showing contacts efficiently.
Way 1. Force Restart Your iPhone
If you are having an iPhone 8/8 Plus/X, then you will need to press the volume up and down button. Then, long press the side button till the Apple logo appears and the device restarts.
If you are using iPhone 7/7 Plus, you only need to press and hold the Power (On/Off) button and Volume Down button to restart your device.
If you are having an iPhone 6s or earlier model, then long click the home button and the sleep button till the Apple logo appears and the device restarts.
Way 2: Enable the "Show All Contacts" Option
1. Firs you need to go to the "Contacts" menu of your iPhone.
2. Now from the top left corner of your screen, tap on the "Groups" option.
3. Now ignore "Hide All iCloud" option and enable the "All on My iPhone" option.
Way 3: Sign out of iCloud and Sign in back
1. Go to "Settings" option and choose "iCloud".
2. Now scroll down and tap on "Sign Out".
3. Tap "Sign Out" again and then tap on "Delete from my iPhone".
4. On the next option tap "Keep on My iPhone".
5. Now provide your password and tap on "Turn Off".
Way 4: Check Your Cloud Settings
You can try checking your iCloud settings. Sometimes upgrading your iOS may change your iCloud settings which will obviously make iPhone not showing contact names. Here is how to do it.
For iOS 10 and earlier:
1. Go to "Settings" option, then select "Mail", then go to "Accounts".
2. Now tap on your account and turn the Contacts "On".
For iOS 11 and newer:
1. Go to "Settings" option, then select "Accounts & Passwords".
2. Now tap your mail account and turn Contacts "On".
Also, inaccurate iCloud account names, passwords or settings can prevent your iPhone from syncing with contacts stored on your iCloud account. To check that:
1. Go to "Settings", choose "Mail, Contacts, and Calendars". Now tap your account and turn Contacts "On".
2. Tap "Account" and enter your username correctly. Now re-enter your password and press "Done."
Way 5: Fix Your iPhone Operating System with ReiBoot
Sometimes contacts not showing on iPhone may be caused by iOS errors. In this case, you need to repair your iOS with a professional tool like Tenorshare ReiBoot. This amazing tool can help you enter/exit recovery mode of your iPhone in one click. It can solve any kind of iOS related problems on your iPhone. Here is how you can use it to solve the contact not showing issue:
1. Download, install and launch the software on your PC and connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable. Now click on "Fix All iOS Stuck" when your device is detected.From the "Screen Stuck" option page, just click on "Fix Now" to proceed.
2. As your iPhone is working properly, you will see an interface like below. Click on "Fix Now" here.
3. Now on the firmware download page, you can click on the "Browse" button to set the path for the firmware to download. Then click on the "Download" button.
4. After finishing the firmware download, click on the "Start Repair" button to start system repairing. It can take almost 10 minutes to finish the process and make sure that your device never gets disconnected during the process.
Way 6: Get Lost Contacts Back to iPhone
If you want to get your lost contacts back to your iPhone, you can use Tenorshare iPhone data recovery software Tenorshare UltData. This software can not only recover the lost data directly from iOS devices, but also from iTunes & iCloud backup. You can easily select and safely recover your contacts with the help of this tool. You can recover almost 20+ file types including WhatsApp data, SMS, contacts, photos, etc. It's compatible with almost all iOS versions including the newest iOS 12.
After reading this article, it should be clear to you now that you can easily solve all contacts not showing on iPhone issue. You can use any of these 6 ways to solve your iPhone not showing contacts problem easily but the best option would be by using ReiBoot to fix your iOS completely and recover your contacts with the help of UltData.