The Best Recuva for Android Alternative
When you are looking for an Android data recovery software, Recuva for Android would no doubt cross your mind. This software is a free data recovery program that supports a large number of file formats and data types. You can restore documents, audio files, photos etc. only when the deleted files aren't overwritten by new files. The Recuva app for Android has yet to debut, all that you have now is a desktop based software.
- How to Use Recuva for Android
- The Limitations of Recuva for Android
- The Best Alternative – Tenorshare UltData for Android
How to Use Recuva for Android
Here is the quick guide to Recuva for Android:
1. Download the program on your computer and then install it. Connect your Android mobile using a USB connection in the MTP mode. Your mobile SD card and disk needs to be scanned by Recuva for Android.
2. Now, from the data recovery wizard, click 'Next' and select the data type (pictures, videos etc.) you want to recover followed by the 'Next' button.
3. When you navigate to the 'File location' window, mention the source of the deleted file, i.e. from where did you lose the data. It can be the SD card on your Android phone, in the recycle bin etc. If unsure, select 'I'm not sure' or specify the exact location as well.
4. Enable deep scan in this step to retrieve data from corrupted SD cards. Hit 'Start' and wait, so that Recuva does a full scan of the phone's memory card.
5. Post scanning, the results are listed and saved to a disk. Pick the desired files and press 'Recover' and mention the location to save the files.
The Limitations of Recuva for Android
- This is a Windows only program so far and doesn't support Mac OS or Linux platform.
- In case Windows overwrites the MFT space meant for the deleted files, Recuva won't be able to recover the files at all.
- It potentially exposes the user data and attracts spamming to your computer and device data.
- Files deleted using Recuva can never be recovered again.
- In case the files get corrupted during or after recovery, nothing can be done to retain the original quality.
The Best Alternative – Tenorshare UltData for Android
To get rid of the problems associated with Recuva for Android phone, Tenorshare UltData - Android Data Recovery is a good measure. You can use this Recuva for Android alternative to restore deleted data. No matter how you have lost the data, there is always a way to recover it to your device without much hassle. Both Windows and Mac devices can run this software.
You can selectively preview and recover individual deleted data back to your Android device with ease. Being a read-only program, it ensures optimum data security, because it doesn't save your data anywhere other than where you define. Apart from your mobile phone, UltData for Android can even recover data from your SD card as well. Data types such as WhatsApp messages and attachments, videos, pictures, contacts etc. are supported by this application.
Here is the step by step guide for recovering deleted data using Recuva for Android alternative, Tenorshare UltData for Android:
Step 1 Go to the official website of Tenorshare and then download Tenorshare UltData for Android on your computer.
The OS of the computer will decide which version of the software should be downloaded. Install and then run the application, as soon as the download process gets accomplished. Now, connect your device with the PC through a USB cable and then activate 'USB Debugging' on your computer. Tap 'OK' if prompted by a popup window.
Step 2 In this stage, choose the data types you want to recover by selecting the checkboxes against them and then press the 'Next' button. It will trigger the scanning process for the Android device data at the earliest.
Step 3 The scanned data gets properly organized by the software depending on the category. It's time to preview the files. You can click on the 'Show All' tab to reveal the dropdown list and then select 'Only display the deleted items'. You are able to choose the individual files here after previewing them and then click the 'Recover' button.
Step 4 In this section, it's essential to define the target folder of your computer. The deleted photos will be recovered to this section. Lastly, tap on the 'Save' button to secure the recovered data without any trouble.
After going through the article, we have reached to the conclusion that, Tenorshare UltData for Android is the right alternative for Recuva app. As you get the chance to selectively preview and recover data, can choose individual files to be restored, which is certainly a lacuna in Recuva, it garners more brownie points. Apart from that, you are able to see only the deleted data in the preview, which is again an exceptional point to note.