How to Recover Data from Broken Screen Android Device
We can't consider our lives without smartphones, we use them for all kinds of things and save lots of important things in it, from simple text to pictures and videos. We usually back up data time to time but you may get unlucky and damage your device. Broken screen is nothing new for most of us, most of the time screens can be replaced but other time a user just want to recover data from broken screen android phone.
The problem with broken screen device is that, you can't unlock it in the first place. Biometric security can be bypassed but getting through passcode and pattern lock is bit tricky or impossible with a screen unable to register touch. And this guide will discuss some methods you can use easily to retrieve all type of data from your broken device.
Way 1: Android Broken Screen Data Recovery through USB Cable
Broken Screen is something everyone faces at some time but fortunately you can retrieve data from device easily. If you are lucky enough screen touch may still being registered correctly and backup can be made. But if that's not possible, don't worry you can restore data from android with the help of USB Cable and a computer. Some devices may require unlocking the device in order to access internal storage from computer. In that case this method won't work for you, if your smarthphone requires that you can skip this method and use the later one.
- Connect your device with the computer via USB cable.
- Wait until drivers are being installed, if you are connecting for very first time.
- Open My Computer, you will see your Device name there just open it.
- You can find all of your multimedia, documents and other files in there. Search and select the files you want to recover from device.
- Copy those files from your storage to computer.
- Once you have copied all the files you want to recover, you can move it to your new device or make an archive file with tool like Winrar to keep it safe and secure.
- You can only recover Multimedia and document files via this method, if you want total recovery including text, contacts, notes, call logs, and more use the next method.
Way 2: Using Android Data Recovery for Broken Screen Data Retrieval
This is hands down, the best method if you want to know how to restore data from broken android, you can simply use Android Data Recovery tool which is an ultimate solution to all of your data loss problems. It supports recovery of all sorts of files including contacts, call history, photos, messages, videos, audios and other documents from almost every phone either it is working or broken.
Follow the instruction given below to recover your precious data:
- Download and install Android Data recovery program on your computer.
- Open Android Data Recovery, you will get interface as shown in below picture, either you can select option to connect via USB cable or you can select other option to connect your device using Wi-Fi.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable, if interface of program does not change then click on "Find your device" and click "Connect" in the shown pop-up.
- Device will be prompted to turn on Storage, tap "OK" on your device and allow all pop-ups
- Now Enable USB Debugging on your device:
For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings"< Click "About Device"< Tap "Build number" for 7 times until getting a note "You are under developer mode"< Go back to "Settings"< Click "Developer options"< Check "USB debugging"
- Now Start the Scanning process from interface or program, note that there are two recovery options. "Quick Recovery" and "Deep Recovery", you can select any option, then preview files and select those you want to recover and finally click "Recover".
These were some ways you can use to recover data from your broken device, most of the time these methods will work flawlessly but they may not work if your device is damaged severely and internal storage is beyond repair. For prevention of this kind of issue we recommend to use cloud storage for safekeeping your data. There are tons of ways to backup data but using a cloud service like Google Drive and DropBox will provide you portability and ease of access.