How to Recover Deleted Files from Samsung Phone/Tablet
How can I recover deleted files from my Samsung phone? I had a lot of photos and videos along with a few text documents saved in a folder which was removed when I deleted an app. Now all the files are gone too. My phone is a Samsung galaxy note. Is there any possible way to recover these files?"
If you accidentally purge some important files when you are trying to get some space in your phone, there is no need to panic. Here we have got some reliable ways to help you recover deleted files from Samsung devices, no matter whether you have backed up the files or not. So, let’s find out how to recover deleted files from Samsung phone or tablet.
- Way 1: Recover Deleted Files from Samsung with Android Data Recovery Toolhot
- Way 2: Recover Deleted Files from Trash Samsung
- Way 3: Recover Deleted Files from Samsung Using Samsung Cloud
- Way 4: Recover Deleted Files from Samsung via Google Drive
Way 1: Recover Deleted Files from Samsung with Android Data Recovery Toolhot
Losing all the important data accidentally is no less than the worst nightmare, especially when the data is related to your work or study and you never had a backup for those files. If you find yourself in such a tricky situation, fret not! We have got a professional solution for this serious data loss. Tenorshare Ultdata for Android is a reliable Android data recovery tool that helps you get back the deleted data in a few clicks. All you need to do is to get the software installed on your computer and select the files you want back, then you will see the magic happening! Let’s take a look at the amazing features it offers.
- Recover lost/deleted data including photos, videos, messages, contacts, documents, etc.
- Restore deleted WhatsApp messages without backup.
- Download and view WhatsApp backup from Google Drive.
- Compatible with all Android phones and tablets, include Samsung, LG, Huawei, Motorola, Sony, Mi, etc.
- Easy solution, high success recovery rate.
The android deleted file recovery process is user-friendly. Here is how to recover deleted files from phone memory Samsung using Tenorshare UltData for Android.
Download and launch UltData for Android on your computer and select “recover lost data”. After this connect your Samsung device using OEM USB cable.
Follow the on-screen instructions to enable USB debugging on your android device. Once USB debugging is enabled, your device will show you a notification asking for device authorization. Click on “Ok” and proceed.
Now choose the files you want back in your Samsung device. After selecting all the files you need, click on “Next”. This software will start scanning the files on your device.
After scanning, this software will show you the scanned data of all lost files like photos, videos and documents, so you can preview and select them before recovering.
Choose your desired files to recover and press “Recover” option. Allow a few minutes for the software to get its job done and you will get your important files back!
Way 2: Recover Deleted Files from Trash Samsung
If you accidentally delete files from the phone memory or internal storage, then those files go directly to the trash bin. Moreover, files stay there for 30 days before they're deleted forever and you can recover deleted files on Samsung within this time period. Below we’ll show you how to restore files from trash on Samsung using the My Files app.
- Open My files app.
- Scroll to the Trash folder where your deleted files are stored temporarily and then tap on it.
- To restore your desired files, long press one of them and then select all the files you want to recover.
Now press the Restore option in the lower left corner.
Once the restore process is finished, you’ll see a notification saying that Files restored.
Way 3: Recover Deleted Files from Samsung Using Samsung Cloud
Samsung cloud is a great place for Samsung users to backup, sync and restore data stored on their devices. If you have made regular backups of your files via Samsung Cloud, then you can easily get back your deleted files by restoring them from Samsung cloud as well. Here is how to recover deleted files from Samsung using the Samsung cloud.
- Go to the settings > press your name on the top.
Click on Samsung cloud option > tap on “Restore data”.
- Choose your preferred device backup and select the files you want to restore. [Note: You can further tap on Apps to select the files stored on a specific app.]
- Next, click on the “Restore” option at the bottom. If asked, select Install to get the backed up apps. This will initiate the downloading process which may take some time depending on the number of files.
Once it’s finished, tap on “Done” and you should see the deleted files have been recovered.
Way 4: Recover Deleted Files from Samsung via Google Drive
While discussing the ways to recover Samsung deleted files, we cannot ignore Google Drive option for Android deleted file recovery. Google Drive is a great option to back up and restore your lost data whenever you need it but please note that you can’t restore the backups made to Google Drive directly, instead, you need to perform a factory reset. Only then will you be able to restore your deleted files (alongside other backup data) from the Google Drive backup. If you don't mind losing all previously-installed applications and other device settings during the factory reset process, here's how to recover deleted files from Samsung via Google Drive.
- Open settings on your Samsung device and head over to Accounts and backup.
Tap on the “Back up data” option under google drive to ensure the Back up to Google Drive toggle is selected and your data has previously been backed up.
- Next, go back to Settings and head to General management > Factory data reset.
- Once your phone is reset and restarts, follow the on-screen propmts to set up your Samsung device. When you reach the "Copy Your Data" page, choose "Backup from Cloud" and then sign in to your Google account.
- Select all the items that you want to restore from the Google Drive backup and tap on Restore to get back all the needed data.
Wrap It Up
Just imagine how much stress it can be seeing all the files and information stored on your Samsung phone/tablet is not there. It surely is a situation of a huge stress. However, there is always a solution to every problem you just need to find it. In this article we offer this for you by explaining the possible best ways to recover deleted files from Samsung phone/tablet. In case, your data wasn’t backed up, we strongly recommend you to try Tenorshare Ultdata for Android since it offers a quick and 100% genuine way to recover your lost data in a few minutes.