How to Recover Deleted Photos from Google Photos Effortlessly
If you have deleted an important photo from Google Photos, you are probably looking for how to recover deleted photos from Google Photos. There are actually some ways to recover your photos even if you have chosen to delete them from this online photo service.
This guide explains to you the various ways to recover your lost photos, and it also tells you about a software you can use to recover permanently deleted photos from your Android device.
- Part 1. How to Recover Deleted Photos from Google Photos – From Trash
- Part 2. Don’t See Google Photos or Videos in Trash, What to Do?
- Part 3. How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files from Google Photos?
Part 1. How to Recover Deleted Photos from Google Photos – From Trash
Like other devices, Google Photos does not permanently delete your photos when you tap then delete option. When you delete a photo, it only gets moved to the Trash album in the app. You still have the chance to find your deleted photos in this album and restore them back to the main album. The following shows how to do this on both mobile and web.
Remember that Google photos only keeps your deleted photos for 30 days.
1. How to recover deleted Google Photos files via mobile phone
If you do not have access to a computer or if you would like to perform the restoration process on your phone itself, the following is what you need to do to recover your lost photos.
- Open the Google Photos app and tap Menu at the bottom.
Tap the Trash folder on the following screen to view your deleted files.
- Tap the photo you want to restore in the Trash, and then select Restore.
2. How to recover deleted photos from Google Photos via web
You can perform the recovery process on the web version of Google Photos as well. The following is how to recover deleted pictures from Google Photos on the web.
- Open a new tab in your browser and head over to the Google Photos site.
Click on the Main menu button fashioned like three horizontal lines and then click the Trash option on the left sidebar.
- Select the photo you want to recover and click on Restore at the top of the photo.
Part 2. Don’t See Google Photos or Videos in Trash, What to Do?
If you do not see your deleted photos or videos in the Trash, there are a few reasons why that happens.
- It may be that you have deleted your photos 30 days or 60 days or so ago. The Google photos Trash now only keeps your photos for 30 days after which it deletes your photos for good.
- It might be that you have emptied the Trash after moving your photos to the Trash.
- You might have chosen the option to permanently delete your photo from the Trash.
- You might have deleted your photos from your Gallery without backing them up to Google Photos.
If you cannot see your photos, you might want to use a third-party software UltData for Android for how to recover permanently deleted photos from Google Drive.
Part 3. How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files from Google Photos?
Tenorshare UltData for Android allows you to recover your photos even if they have been permanently removed from the Photos app. This software scans your device to find your photos, lets you preview the photos, and allows you to choose the ones that you actually want to restore on your phone.
The following is a brief guide for how to recover permanently deleted files from Google Photos using this software.
- If you have not already, download and install the software on your computer.
Open the software and choose Recover Lost Data.
Use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer. Activate USB debugging on your Android device.
Click on Start and the software will begin scanning your device.
Thumbnails of your photos will appear. Select the ones you want to restore and click Recover at the lower-right corner.
- When your photos are recovered, the software will notify you about it.
All your chosen photos should now be available on your phone.
Whether you are looking for a way for how to recover deleted videos from Google Photos or you want to recover photos, the above methods will help you do that on your phone and the web. In case you have not had luck with any methods, you can use Tenorshare UltData for Android to recover deleted Google photos after 60 days/30 days.
People Also Asked About Google Photos
Google Photos is a fantastic service and people often have many questions about it. The following answers some of your questions about using this app or service.
1. What Is Google Photos?
Google Photos is a free service to upload and keep your photos on the cloud. You can sync photos from your devices and access them on any compatible computer or smartphone. The service offers unlimited free storage for photos and videos.
2. How do I get/download my photos from Google Photos?
If you are on the web, you can head over to the Google Photos site and download your photos. If you are on a smartphone, you can use the Google Photos app to access and save photos to your device. Both methods are equally easy to use.
3. Do photos stay on Google Photos if deleted from phone?
If you delete a photo from your phone, it remains with Google Photos until you specifically delete the photo from Google Photos.
4. Is Google Photos safe?
Yes, being a Google service, Google Photos is a safe place for all your photos and videos. It uses Google’s robust server infrastructure which is very much protected from all kinds of threats.