Photos Not Saving To Gallery Android, Here Is The Fix
by Anna Sherry Updated on 2022-12-16 / Update for Fix Android
One of the weird issues you can experience on an Android device is your photos not saving to gallery Android. If this happens to you, you will find that no matter what you do, your photos are not updated in the default gallery app on your phone.
If you continue to face this issue, you might want to implement some fixes to get rid of this problem. This guide has some of the methods you can follow to fix the issue and save your photos to your Android gallery.
Top 8 Fixes to Photos Not Saving to Gallery Android
- Fix 1: Restart Your Phone
- Fix 2: Check Your Phone Or SD Card Storage
- Fix 3: Update The Google Camera App From Play Store
- Fix 4: Clear The Cache Of Camera App
Fix 1: Restart Your Phone
The quickest way to possibly fix the issue is to reboot your phone. Rebooting your Android device fixes many minor glitches on the phone, and this could likely resolve your gallery problem.
Press and hold down the Power button and select the Restart option to reboot your phone.
Fix 2: Check Your Phone Or SD Card Storage
In order to save photos to the gallery, your phone must have adequate storage space available on it. If you use the internal storage to save photos, make sure there is enough space available to store your new photos.
If you use an SD card, make sure the card is not full and there is space available to hold your photos.
Fix 3: Update The Google Camera App From Play Store
A possible reason your photos are not being saved to the gallery is that there is an issue with the Google Camera app. In this case, updating it to the latest version should likely fix the issue for you.
- Launch the Google Play Store on your phone.
- Search for Google Camera and tap the app when it appears.
- Tap the Update button to install available updates for the app.
Fix 4: Clear The Cache Of Camera App
One of the many reasons your screenshots and camera photos not saving to gallery Android is that there is an issue with the cache files of the Camera app. All you need do is to remove the app’s cache files.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap Apps & notifications, find Camera in the list, and tap it.
- Tap Storage & cache on the resulting screen.
Select Clear cache followed by Clear storage.
Fix 5: Clear The Cache Of Gallery App
The problem might be with the gallery cache. Again, you can fix this easily by removing all the gallery cache files from your phone.
- Head to Settings > Apps & notifications on your phone.
- Find and tap Gallery in the list.
- Select the Storage & cache option.
Tap Clear cache followed by Clear storage.
Fix 6: Enable Storage For The Camera App
Your Android photos are not saved to gallery probably because the Camera app does not have the permission to access your storage. To fix this, you need to assign the storage permission to the app.
- Navigate to Settings > Apps & notifications > App permissions > Storage on your device.
- Find Camera in the list and tap it.
Select the Allow option on the following screen.
Fix 7: Remount SD Card
If you use an SD card with your phone, you can try remounting the card to see if that makes any difference.
- Open the Settings app on your phone and tap Storage.
- Select Unmount SD Card and wait for a few seconds.
- Tap Mount SD Card.
Fix 8: Factory Reset Your Android Phone
Lastly, if nothing else works, reset your phone to the factory settings and see if this fixes your photos not saving to the gallery issue. Keep in mind you will lose all your data when you reset your phone.
- Head to Settings > System > Reset options on your phone.
Tap Erase all data (factory reset).
Bonus Tip: How To Recover Missing Photos From Android Gallery?
If you still cannot find certain photos in the Android gallery, it might be worth using a third-party tool to see if that can help you get your missing photos back.
Enter UltData for Android, a software tool that lets you recover photos as well as many other types of files on your Android device. You can use this tool to quickly find your missing photos and restore them.
Download and launch the program on your computer. Click Recover Lost Data on the main interface.
Plug-in your device to your computer via a USB cable. Turn on USB debugging on your phone.
Checkmark Photos and then click Start to start scanning your phone for missing photos.
Select the photos you would like to recover, and click Recover in the bottom.
You will see a success message when your photos are all recovered. You should recover photos from Android phone internal memory.
If you ever find that your Android phone is not saving your photos to the gallery, use one of the methods outlined above to potentially fix the problem on your device. You can use UltData for Android as well to find missing photos on your phone.
- Recover deleted WhatsApp Messages on Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, OPPO without root;
- Recover photos, contacts, messages, videos and everything you lost;
- Preview individual file before data recovery;
- Support with most Android phones and tablets;