How to View SMS Backup on Google Drive? Here's the Answer
If your last Google search was can I see my text messages on my Google account? or how do I view text messages in Google drive backup? then you are at the right place. This article will guide you about the various ways you can use to view your messages on Google drive.
- Part 1: Does Google Backup Text Messages?
- Part 2: How to View SMS Backup on Google Drive?
- Part 3: How to Restore SMS Backup form Google Drive?
Part 1: Does Google Backup Text Messages?
Yes! Google can automatically backup messages to Google drive. It is a feature that allows people to view their messages if they lose access to them due to any incident. Here is how you can backup messages to Google drive.
- From your phone, hop on to the settings. Now from the settings, scroll down and look for “Google”.
After that - choose “backup” and turn the toggle on from the “backup to Google drive” option.
- Next, the system will ask for your Google account, select your account from the options - and press “OK” to initiate the backup process.
- On top of this, you can view your messages from the Google drive application if you are thinking about how to view SMS backup on Google drive.
Part 2: How to View SMS Backup on Google Drive?
Once you backup your messages, you must have a question “how to view backed-up SMS on Google drive”. However, there is a catch to it. Once you back up your messages, you will be able to locate the files but to view the exact details, you will have to restore the SMS from your Google drive. Here is how to do it.
- Launch your Google Drive application on your phone or simply visit drive.google.com.
- Once you are on the site, click on the storage option from the bottom left corner of your screen.
- From the storage options, look for backups and click on the icon. You will be able to view all your backed-up messages from there.
- Apart from messages, you can also store your valuable data on Google drive and access it from any device by using your Google account credentials.
Part 3: How to Restore SMS Backup from Google Drive?
If you view Google Drive SMS backup from your phone, there are also several ways to restore SMS from Google Drive. Here is how you can do it.
Way 1: Restore SMS from Google Drive via UltData for Android
A lot of people have queries regarding their google drive backup. For example, how do I view text messages in Google Drive backup on my computer? There are different ways to do it. But using a reliable tool is something you should not overlook. You can use Tenorshare UltData for android to get the job done.
This professional software will streamline the process and save you from the hassle of doing the job yourself. With this, you can quickly download SMS backup from Google drive and see your old messages. With just one click, you can restore your lost data on the device without going into a follow-up of lengthy steps Aside from this, this software is user-friendly and even beginner-level users can perform the process themselves.
Here are the steps to download/restore Android data from Google Drive.
Launch the application on your computer. And connect your phone to it. Once your phone is connected, select the ‘Recover Google Drive Data’ option.
To access your Google account, please use your Gmail ID and password for login. However, before you proceed, make sure to disable 2-Step Verification if you have enabled it using methods like phone call, security code, Google Authenticator, etc.
Once you start, you will see a lot of options regarding the restoration of data on your screen, select what you want to restore and then click on start to begin the scanning process.
Once the scanning is done, press “OK” and preview the restored data on your computer. Click on the messages that you want to restore and give the application some time to get done with the process.
Way 2: Restore SMS from Google Drive to Android via Factory Reset
Google Drive provides an easy way to view Google drive SMS backup. But, the process to restore SMS from Google drive to Android is a bit tricky. it is because you will have to reset the device and then restore the backup afterward. Here is how you can restore SMS from Google Drive to Android via Factory Reset.
- Open your phone and navigate to the Settings application and then press on Reset options.
From the menu, press on the option that says erase all data and then the screen will pop up to ask about your phone password enter the passcode and wait for the phone to restart.
- After the reset process is done, you can open up your settings application one more time and search for the backup and reset menu.
- From the options, click on Google and log in to your Google account using your account credentials.
- Once you are logged in, press on sync and choose all the data that you want to restore on your phone.
Also Read: New Tricks to Restore SMS from Google Drive
Mobile phones have replaced many things in our life. While we cannot imagine a life without our phones now, we all can agree that sometimes we get annoyed over some things. For example, how to view SMS backup on Google drive. But, the good thing about the advancement of technology is that you can also find out the solutions to your problems with a quick Google search. But, to save you from that - we recommend using Tenorshare UltData for Android to restore your lost data on your Android phone. Just connect your phone to a computer and let the application do its job while you sip on your lemonade.