How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Updating iCloud Settings
Many people got stuck on updating iCloud setting when setting up iPhone 8/8 Plus/X/7/7 Plus/6s/6/5s/5 after they updated the device to iOS 11/10 or restored backup from iTunes/iCloud. Some of them also got the error message started with “Verification Failed”, followed by “Unauthorized” even they entered the correct Apple ID password. In this post, we’ve gathered all the possible solutions to fix iPhone stuck on update iCloud settings stuck/verification failed/unauthorized effectively.
Way 1: Restart/Force Restart Your iPhone
Restarting iPhone 8/8 Plus/X/7/6s/6/5s will reset your network settings and clear app caches, which may help you fix iPhone won’t stop updating iCloud settings. Just press and hold the side/power button to slide to power off, and then press and hold the power button again until you see the Apple logo.
If a simple restart doesn’t help, please force restart your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
For iPhone 8/X: Quickly press and release volume up and volume down button in order. Then press and hold the wake/sleep (on/off) button until you see the Apple logo.
For iPhone 7: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button + Volume Down button for 10 seconds.
For iPhone 6s/6/5s/5, iPad, iPod touch: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button + Home button for 10 seconds.
Way 2: Skip iCloud Setup
When updating is done, it will appear the screen on your iPhone, “Press Home to finish setting up iOS 11” >>> “Update completed” >>> “Sign into iCloud: Enter the Apple ID password for your email”. Just click “Cancel” to skip the iCloud setup and it’ll get you into your phone directly without hanging in updating iCloud settings iOS 11/10/9/8/7. You can always do iCloud setup later.
Way 3: Check Network Connection
How long does updating iCloud settings take on iPhone/iPad? Sometimes, a bad internet connection will result in updating iCloud settings forever or taking too long. Check your router is on and get closed to it to ensure that you have an good internet connection.
Way 4: Revisit Apple Server Later
Also, iCloud won’t stop or finish setting up could be caused by busy Apple servers as a lot of Apple users could have been visiting Apple’s server at the same time. This is a temporary issue and you can try again later to set up your iPhone.
Way 5: Use iTunes to Update
When you can’t update iCloud settings on your iPhone, you can use iTunes to update your device. And here are the steps to update iPhone/iPad/iPod with iTunes.
- 1. Ensure that your iTunes version is up to date. If not, please open iTunes -> go to Help -> Check for Update to get the newest iTunes. For Mac users, navigate to iTunes -> Check for Updates.
- 2. Connect your iPhone to computer via the original cable or Apple-supported cable.
- 3. Open iTunes, select your iPhone under Devices menu when the device is detected by iTunes.
- 4. Click “Check for Update” and then click “Download and Update” to update your iPhone in iTunes.
Way 6: Use Tenorshare ReiBoot to Fix iPhone Stuck on Updating iCloud Settings
If you are still stuck at updating iCloud settings/verification failed/unauthorized, you can use Tenorshare ReiBoot to repair the operating system without any data loss. This powerful program can fix all iOS stuck, including stuck on iTunes logo, Apple logo, black screen, blue screen, etc. Moreover, your iPhone will update to the latest iOS after system recovery. Download and install this amazing tool and follow the steps to see how it works.
- Run Tenorshare ReiBoot and connect iPhone to computer. The program will detect your device immediately. Select “Fix All iOS Stuck” on the main interface and click “Fix Now” to proceed.
- Click “Download” button to download the latest firmware package online.
- Click “Start Repair” after finishing downloading firmware. The program will repair your iPhone/iPad/iPod successfully. Then, you can go ahead to set up your device smoothly.
This post has shown you how to fix iPhone 8/8 Plus/X/7/7 Plus/6s/6/5s/5 stuck on updating iCloud settings with detailed instructions. Hope the methods above are helpful for you. If you have any further questions, please feel free to leave your comment below.