How to Restore Custom IPSW without iTunes 2020
An IPSW file is an iPhone firmware file. A custom IPSW is a modified version of one of these files. Basically you can customize IPSW file to jailbreak an iPhone, remove baseband update, add custom boot logo etc or jailbreak an iPhone. If you want to perform a jailbreak, you have to restore the custom IPSW to your device. Now read this post and we will guide you how to restore custom IPSW to iPhone 11/11 Pro/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus with or without iTunes in 2020.
- Part 1: Install Custom IPSW without iTunes to iPhone/iPad (User Recommended)
- Part 2: A Common Tip to Restore iPhone Using Custom IPSW with iTunes
Part 1：Install Custom IPSW without iTunes to iPhone/iPad
Restoring custom IPSW to iPhone, iPad with iTunes may risk the data loss, and the whole process is pretty complicated. Even worse, if you misoperated, the device will possibly get bricked.
To easily and safely restore custom IPSW without iTunes, here we will introduce an alternate way — using a powerful custom IPSW restore tool Tenorshare ReiBoot, which stands out for its ability to restore/fix/downgrade operating system without fearing of data loss in a couple of clicks.
Now follow the steps below and learn how to download and install custom IPSW without iTunes:
Get Tenorshare ReiBoot downloaded and installed on your computer, then launch it.
After you launch Tenorshare ReiBoot, connect your iOS device to computer with USB cable. Click "Repair Operating System" section in the main interface.
Then click on Browse button to import the previously stored custom IPSW files. Click "Download" button to start importing the firmware package.
After all these, you can click "Repair Now" to start updating your device or repair your operating system.
Part 2: A Common Tip to Restore iPhone Using Custom IPSW with iTunes
Most users prefer to use IPSW file to restore iPhone with iTunes, Below is the detailed step to restore custom IPSW with iTunes：
- Back up your crucial iPhone data.
- Open iTunes on your PC or Mac, then connect your iPhone to your computer using the iPhone USB cable.
- Hold the "Home" and "Sleep" buttons down simultaneously for 10 seconds. Then release the "Sleep" button.
- Continue to hold down the "Home" button until you see a dialog informing you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
- Click "OK" and you are taken to the iPhone restore page.
- Hold down the SHIFT key (Alt (Option) for Mac) and click on the Restore button.
- Browse to your desktop and select the custom IPSW which you want to restore.
- Now sit back and relax while iTunes restores the custom IPSW on your iDevice. Once restored, your iDevice will reboot automatically.
Sum It Up
This is all about how to restore custom IPSW without iTunes 2020. Is Tenorshare ReiBoot helpful for you? If you think this post is really workable for you, please do not hesitate to share it with your friends.