Mi Data Recovery: Recover Deleted/Lost Data on Xiaomi/Redmi Phone
Smartphones are pretty much prone to data loss, which can be caused due to any reason such as human error, software problems, viruses, malware etc. Irrespective of what causes data loss to happen, there are many safe and effective ways to recover lost data from Xiaomi smartphones.
So, if you are a Xiaomi or Redmi user, who witnessed data loss, we suggest you sit back and relax and these methods given below will help you overcome this issue just like that!
Method 1. The best way to Recover Deleted Data from Mi Phone without Backup
The first recommended method for mi data recovery is by using a third-party data recovery software such as Tenorshare UltData - Android Data Recovery. This software has a user-friendly interface which makes the data recovery process quite easy. You can download this recovery software for free from their official website for your Android mobile to recover a wide range of data such as chat, messages, videos, images, audio files etc. in just a couple of minutes. To know how to recover deleted data from Mi Phone, follow the steps below!
Download and install Tenorshare UltData on your computer and then launch the same. After this, hit on the “Recover WeChat Data” option.
Now, connect your mobile device to your desktop using a USB.
Then, go to your phone’s notification bar by dropping it down and click on the USB options followed by clicking on the “Transferring files”. After this, navigate to the Settings and type “build” in the search area. After this, select the Build Number from the results and click on the same 7 times to activate developer options.
Now, again go to the Settings and select “Developer option” from there. Then, scroll down to enable USB debugging. After this, press Ok on seeing the “Allow USB debugging” prompt on your screen. In case, this option doesn't appear, press “Show Again”.
In this step, when your smartphone gets detected, click on Start to start scanning and search for the deleted WeChat files. After this, the scanning will be initiated on your device. When the scanning takes place, you have to create a backup of your WeChat data. Follow the instructions on the screen to do the same. Then, UltData will begin the loading and scanning process for WeChat data.
- After the scanning is completed, all your WeChat data such as messages, photos, contacts, videos etc. will get listed category wise.
Now, select the files you want to retrieve by hitting the Recover key.
Method 2. How to Restore Lost Data on Xiaomi from Mi Cloud
For the Xiaomi Data recovery, if you have a backup on MiCloud, then you can apply the below steps to recover your lost data.
- Start by connecting your smartphone to a stable network or internet connection.
- After this, navigate to the Settings and select Mi Account. Log in to your Mi account using the correct credentials.
- After you get a login confirmation, select the “Restore from Backup” option followed by selecting the latest file for backup and initiating data recovery.
Then, click on the “Restore using this backup” option to retrieve the data in the latest backup file to your Redmi device.
Method 3. Simple steps to Recover Deleted Files on Xiaomi with Google Drive
Another way for Xiaomi Phone Data Recovery is by using Google Drive. You can follow the below steps to recover deleted files from the Google Cloud.
- Open Google Drive app on your smartphone or go to “https://google.com/drive”.
- After this, you will be able to see the list of all the uploaded files. You can also search for any file by typing its name.
- Now, Preview the files on the Google Drive and select those which you want to recover.
Then, click on the Download button to restore deleted files from Google Drive on your Xiaomi mobile.
Bonus tip: How to Back Up Xiaomi to Mi Cloud Avoiding Losing Data
To create a backup of your Xiaomi smartphone using Mi Cloud to prevent data loss follow the detailed steps mentioned below:
- Unlock your smartphone and then connect it to a stable internet network.
- Now, go to your device Settings and select Mi Account from there. Then, log in to your Mi account and navigate to the Backup Device option to activate the backup feature on Mi Cloud.
Then, select the “Backup now” option to create a quick backup of the files. Else select the “Backup Schedule” option to set a time for backup.
You don't know when a data loss will happen, therefore, it's always advisable to keep the backup of your data ready. If you witnessed a data loss on your Xiaomi or Redmi smartphone, follow the above-given methods to retrieve all your essential data. Play, don't forget to create a data backup on MiCloud to prevent any further data loss!
- Recover deleted WhatsApp Messages on Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, OPPO without root;
- Recover photos, contacts, messages, videos and everything you lost;
- Preview individual file before data recovery;
- Support with most Android phones and tablets;