How Do I Fix My Galaxy S7 Black Screen?
Recently, one of our user has encountered black screen problem in his Samsung Galaxy S7 and he was unable to fix the issue even though he tried many solution. Finally, we came up with the solution that helped him get out of this issue. We all know that none of the phone is perfect and every phone has their own issue. Black screen is one of the common problem that you can find in most of the Android device including Samsung Galaxy S7. This issue need to be resolved in order to use the phone as normal as all our data & information and other stuff are stored in phone so we can't think about losing it. Read the article to know the solution that will help you to fix Galaxy S7 black screen.
- Part 1: Why My Samsung S7 Black Screen Come Out
- Part 2: 7 Common Methods to Trouble-shooting Samsung Galaxy S7 Black Screen
- Part 3: A Deeper Approach to Figure out Samsung Galaxy S7 Black Screen of Death
Part 1: Why My Samsung S7 Black Screen Come Out
You might be confused what has happened to your device when you see the black screen. Well, you don't need to worry as there are so many users who have found out the reason behind it and fixed the issue completely. Black screen can be caused because of many reason whether it be battery draining faster, system crashed, network problem, restarting the device multiple times and many more. Hardware failure can be one of reason which can cause black screen come out and if your phone is having this problem then no solution will work.
Part 2: 7 Common Methods to Trouble-shooting Samsung Galaxy S7 Black Screen
There are several methods that has helped to fix Samsung S7 black screen easily. Different methods have worked for different users. So it is recommend to try all the methods that have been shown below. It is never a bad idea to try several methods as you might not know which method will work for you unless you don't try it.
Here we have listed 7 common solution that has the ability to solve Samsung S7 edge black screen. The solution might looks easy and simple but honestly these are the solutions that has helped a lot of the users who were facing this issue. Simply go through these solutions. Make sure to follow the steps accordingly.
- Method 1: Force Reboot Your Samsung S7
- Method 2: Charge Your Samsung S7/S7 Edge
- Method 3: Try to Uninstall Some Crashed Apps
- Method 4: Boot Your Samsung S7/S7 Edge in Safe Mode
- Method 5: Clear Samsung S7 Cache Partition Via Recovery Mode
- Method 6: Factory Reset Your Samsung S7/S7 Edge
- Method 7: Maybe Faulty Hardware
Methods 1: Force Reboot Your Samsung S7
You can start with the simple solution which is force rebooting the phone. This technique has solved the issue as force rebooting can erase minor glitch and sometimes it even fixes the issue. So, it is always a good idea to force restart your device before using any other solutions. Process to force reboot Samsung Galaxy S7 is given below:
- Press and hold Volume down button and Power button simultaneously for about 10-20 seconds.
- Release the button once the phone turns on and you will be able to use it normally as before.
Method 2: Charge Your Samsung S7/S7 Edge
Charging can be another reason for your Samsung S7 edge black screen. If your phone battery is totally dead then it won't turn on no matter what you do unless you don't charge it. It is recommended to charge the device for around 30 min to get a decent amount battery. As Samsung Galaxy S7 support wireless charging, you can simply place your phone on Pad or dock. If you want to charge it using charging cable then you need to connect your phone with cable and plug it in wall socket. Soon you will be able to see battery sign on the screen.
Method 3: Try to Uninstall Some Crashed Apps
Sometimes you might face Samsung Galaxy s7 black screen due to issue in installed app. You might have witnessed this issue by yourself, whenever you try to open a certain app, it crashes and you cannot open the app. Many of us think that it is just one time error and which won't have impact on our device but the same issue can cause the device to go black screen. So, it is better to uninstall crashed apps for fix the black screen issue that you are facing.
Method 4: Boot Your Samsung S7/S7 Edge in Safe Mode
Booting your device in safe mode lets you know that the problem is caused due to the recent installed app on your phone. You just need to figure out which app is the culprit once you exit the safe mode and then delete it. Only the pre-installed app will be shown in the app drawer when you boot your phone is safe mode. If you are able to enter into safe mode then it can be concluded that there is no problem with phone software, hardware or even the battery. Follow the steps shown below to boot your phone in safe mode.
- Press the power button for few seconds until the screen turns on.
- Leave the power button and press the volume down button once the Samsung logo appears on screen.
- Keep pressing the volume down button for sometimes (around 30 seconds) until the phone turns on again.
- Finally you will see "Safe Mode" displayed on the bottom left corner of the screen indicating that you have entered into the Safe mode.
Method 5: Clear Samsung S7 Cache Partition Via Recovery Mode
Another way that can help you to fix Galaxy S7 black screen of death is just by clearing the cache partition via recovery mode. This way you will be able to delete all your piled-up cache from your device. You don't even need worry about getting your data & information, photos, video or anything deleted from your internal or external memory as it just delete caches from your device. Follow the steps to clear the cache partition from Samsung S7.
- Press and hold Home, Power and Volume Up buttons at the same till you feel the phone vibration.
- Release Power button but don't leave remaining two buttons (Volume Up and Home Buttons).
- Soon you will see Android recovery screen, that is when you can release other two buttons.
- Use volume down/up button to choose the option and power button to apply change/enter. Select "wipe cache partition" from the list using volume down key.
- The process to wipe cache partition will take some time and once it is completed you will see a message on the screen.
- At last select "reboot system now" to reboot your Galaxy S7 phone and get back it to normal.
Method 6: Factory Reset Your Samsung S7/S7 Edge
Factory Resetting is the last option that one has to consider to fix any sort of issue related to the device. This method will erase all the data & information and whatever you have stored on your device, so it is recommended to take a backup of your device stuff before performing this action. You will get your phone software fresh same like as when you buy the device.
Note: Back up all your useful content of your phone before factory resetting as it can wipe out all the content during its procedure.
Process to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge:
- First press and hold Home and Volume Up buttons at the same time.
- Next press and hold Power button along with the other two buttons (Home and Volume Up) which you were pressing and holding from before.
- Soon you will be able to see "RECOVERY BOOTING…." on your top-left corner of the screen. You can now release all your buttons.
- Use volume button to choose "Wipe data/factory reset" option and power button to apply it.
- Now select "Yes" option to confirm your action and it will take some times to complete the process.
- Finally select "Reboot system now" to restart your phone and use it normally.
Method 7: Maybe Faulty Hardware
If you are not able to fix your Samsung Galaxy S7 black screen even after trying all the methods that have been shown above then you need to come to conclusion that there is hardware issue on your phone. Next what you can do is, simply take your phone to nearby Samsung service center to get it fix. Hopefully you will be able to fix your phone soon as the service center will take good care your phone and can repair it fast.
If the above methods didn't work for you then you can head to the next method that has been shown below and hopefully this will fix your issue.
Part 3: A Deeper Approach to Figure out Samsung Galaxy S7 Black Screen of Death
ou can always trust a third party software which is specialized in that particular field. When it comes to repair Android system, the first thing that comes to mind is Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android. This software has the ability to fix 50 plus Android system issue and is easily compatible for most of the Android phone. It can clear Android system cache in one click and easily support Android 9 Pie.
Note: You need to download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android on your computer to get your things done.
Procedure to fix Samsung S7/S7 Edge black screen issue:
Step 1 First launch ReiBoot for Android on your computer and connect your Galaxy S7 to it using USB synchronizer. Click on "Repair Android System" option.
Step 2 Next click on "Repair Now" option to go ahead to fix the phone issue.
Step 3 Then enter the info about your phone and click on "Next" to proceed further. If you don't know your device information then simply hover your mouse to "?" sign.
Step 4 Soon the firmware package for your phone will start to download and it will take couple of minutes to finish the process.
Step 5 Once the firmware is downloaded completely, you need to click on "Repair Now" button.
Step 6 You need to read all the pop-up dialog box and follow the process that you can see on the screen. It will take couple of minutes to complete the process so don't disconnect your phone in-between the process.
In this article we have discussed how do I fix my Samsung Galaxy S7 black screen. Hopefully, you have fixed your device using this solution. The best one that is recommended for your guys is Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android as this software can fix all sort of your Android issue. You can just try once and you will know the real potential of this software. Feel free to comment below if you have any query.