How to Fix iOS 11/12/13 OTA Stuck on Preparing Update
"iOS 11 Update taking forever! I was trying to update my iPhone 7 to iOS 11 directly on the device. However, it has been preparing update for 1.5 hours and I don't know what to do. Any solutions?"
These days, many people have been complaining that their iPhone stuck on preparing update to iOS 11/12/13 when they tried to get this newly released software on the device. The causes of this issue still remain unknown currently, but we've gathered some useful methods that have fixed OTA preparing updating stuck on iOS successfully. Follow the article and check them out.
- Way 1: Delete OTA File and Download It Again to Fix iOS 11/12/13 Preparing Update Stuck
- Way 2: Avoid iPhone Preparing Update Stuck by Updating in iTunes
- Way 3: Fix iPhone Stuck on Preparing iPhone for Software Update iOS 11/12/13 without Data Loss
When iOS 11 or iOS 12 preparing update process gets stuck on your iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6 Plus/5S, the easiest way to fix this problem is deleting the OTA files and download again. Here are the detailed steps:
- Go to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage. Select "Manage Storage" to check there is any storage constraint for installing iOS 11/12.
- Locate and tap on the OTA file, click "Delete Update" to make sure there is enough free storage space to re-download and install the OTA files.
- When the former OTA files are deleted, go to General -> Software Update. Make sure your iOS device is connected to Wi-Fi and then click "Download and Install" to update iOS 11 again.
If your iPhone iOS 11/12/13 update stuck at preparing update again after re-downloading the OTA files, you may need to update iPhone in iTunes.
Run iTunes and connect iPhone to computer, then you'll see a pop-out message saying a new iPhone software version is available. Click "Download and Update" and then follow the automatic instructions to finish the process.
Many users have encountered error codes during the updating process in iTunes and result in data damage sometimes. That's why you are recommended to try Tenorshare ReiBoot, another alternative way to update iPhone to iOS 11 or latest iOS 13 and avoid preparing update stuck without data loss.
- Download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your Mac or PC, connect iPhone to computer with a USB cable. Once your iOS device is detected, click "Fix All iOS Stuck" from the interface.
- Click "Fix Now" to proceed. Now you'll see the iOS 11 firmware download page, click "Download" to get the latest firmware package for your iPhone.
- Once the firmware is downloaded successfully, click "Start Repair" to install the latest iOS on your device.
This Article has shown you how to fix iOS 11 and iOS 12/13 OTA stuck on preparing update on iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6s Plus/6 and introduced 2 alternative ways to update software. If you have other similar questions like iOS 12 update takes forever, or iOS 13 update stuck on installation, , Tenorshare ReiBoot is also your best choice.