iOS 11 Update Issues

Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone Camera Won't Work after Update to iOS 17/16

by Jenefey Aaron   Updated on 2023-08-07 / Update for  iOS 11

"The camera app is either black or blurry ever since I updated my iPhone."

"So after iOS 17/16 update my camera started having issues, but for some reason only the back camera doesn’t work. I attempt to flip it and get just a black screen."

A certain number of users had the issue that iPhone camera doesn't work after update iOS 17/16 without knowing why. Similar problems are also reported by some iOS 16 users. If your iPhone camera won't work either, you don't have to worry too much as long as you learn how to fix iOS 17/16 camera issues in this post.

Way 1: Fix Back Camera and Flashlight Not Working by Force Quit Camera

If iOS 17/16 flashlight not working on iPhone or iPad, the easiest trick is to force close the app and relaunch it later. Double press the Home button and end process for Camera. If iPhone camera and flashlight still not working on your device, try next solution as well.

Way 2: Hard Reset to Resolve iPhone Camera All Black

There's not actually whether hard reset is fitable for everyone to fix iPhone/iPad camera black. Fortunately, some netizens succeed in repair theirs camre problems.

Perform Hard Reset as follow according to your device.

force restart iphone

Way 3: Free up Enough Space for iPhone/iPad Air Camera Not Working Black Screen

So iOS 16/17 has been released and you have installed it on your iPhone, but you got the iPhone camera flash not working issue. No worries, it may still have that effect after updating. To solve this problem, you can free up space either by storing your photos and videos in iCloud Photo Library or transferring photos to computer using Tenorshare iCareFone.

my iphone 5s camera is not working

Way 4: Update to Latest iOS Version

How do I fix my camera on my iPhone 11 after iOS 15/16/17 update? Apple just rushed out iOS 16 aiming to fix some potential glitches. To you, you can update your iPhone 11 to the latest iOS 16 either in iTunes or Settings on your iPhone.

Tip: If your device is stuck in Apple logo, DFU Mode, boot loop or else during iOS update, try Tenorshare ReiBoot to easily fix all iOS stuck issues within few clicks.

Way 5: Repair Corrupted System with Tenorshare ReiBoot

Last but not least, we will suggest you to perform a system recovery to troubleshoot iPhone, iPad camera not working in iOS 17/16 error. No complicated operations required, only your device and an available computer with Tenorshare ReiBoot installed.

• Simply put, choose Repair Operating System > Fix Now > Download firmware package.

fix iphone reboot loop
  • When the IPSW files is ready, click Repair Now to execute system recovery. When it finishes, you won't be bothered by the back camera and flash not working after iOS 16/15 update.

start repairing iphone system

The Bottom Line

If neither helps with iOS 17/16 camera malfunction issues, prepare yourself for the hardware issues. Before taking your device to Apple Store local shop and changing the camera module, you can simply check it by opening FaceTime, Skype or other app that can access camera to see whether the back camera works well.