3 Best Ways to Recover Lost iPhone Data after iOS 16/15 Update
Lost data after iOS update? Actually, iDevice data loss is a very common problem and most of the iOS users suffer from this. Data loss doesn't only happen if the user is performing a heavy duty work with the device, but it can happen because of several other reasons like if you are updating your iOS. Recently, many users may suffer iPhone lost data after update iOS 16/15. It is very unfortunate and this is why Apple recommends to backup data every week for safety issues. If you wantto know more about restoring backup files, or restore data even without backups, just read this article.
Way 1: How to Recover Lost Data from iPhone without Backups
When you are trying to recover lost data after iOS 16/15 update, you may think that iTunes or iCloud is your only suitable option but you are wrong. If you are having trouble with these conventional apps then you can reach for help with a fantastic 3rd party app like Tenorshare UltData. It is a professional iOS data recovery tool that is specifically designed to recover lost data. Its advantages over iTunes or iCloud are mentioned below:
- The app is the fastest way to recover lost data.
- It is easy to use and offers superior scanning speeds.
- Support to recover from the device directly without backup files as well as support to recover from iTunes/iCloud backups.
- Preview available before recovery.
- Selective recovery after you find the lost files.
- Support for both Windows and Mac.
Unlike iTunes or iCloud this is a different kind of recovery, which makes it possible to recover iOS data directly. If you choose Tenorshare UltData (iPhone Data Recovery) for iOS data recovery directly then connect your device to your computer before starting the process.
1. Launch UltData on your computer. After the app recognizes your device, the process will start immediately.
2. After your device is detected by the app click on the "Select All" option then click on the "Start Scan" option to begin the process.
3. Enter passcode to complete the process.
This is how to recover lost data after iOS update using Tenorshare UltData.
So, finally, it is established that Tenorshare UltData is a far more superior app and the app is more flexible to the needs of its users.
Way 2: How to Restore Data from iTunes Backup
When you are using an iPhone 12/12 Pro(Max)X/8/7/7Plus/6/6S, you have to prepare data backup from time to time, otherwise because of some unfortunate incident you may lose all of your data. There are various reasons for data loss, it happens when you are trying to update your iOS or maybe because of some malfunction of your device. The best way to deal with this data loss is to create a backup and restore it when required. iTunes is a viable option in this situation. Learn the steps below to recover lost data after update with iTunes:
1. First of all get the latest version of iTunes for your PC or Mac.
2. Launch iTunes on your computer.
3. Now, connect your device with your computer through an USB cable.
4. Click the device icon and go to Summary pane.
5. Find Restore Backup option. Enter your password if you have set up Encrypted iPhone backup feature.
6. Select an up-to-date backup file and click on Restore to extract backup files.
Note that all the content will be replaced by previous iTunes backup file. If you don't want to use iTunes, Tenorshare UltData can also restore from iTunes backups.
Way 3: How to Restore from iCloud Backup
iCloud is also one of the most iconic apps for iPhone users. Like iTunes this app also provides various features for iDevice users, which means that you can also restore backups with iCloud if facing with data loss after iOS 16/15 update; the steps are described below:
1. First of all, you have to erase all your content. Go to Settings > Reset > Reset All Content and Settings.
2. Enter your passcode to confirm your decision.
3. You will be brought to App & Data screen after that.
4. Choose Restore from iCloud Backup and Sign-in with your Apple ID and choose the backup to restore your data.
5. Even after that, you need to stay connected for over an hour to complete the process.
So, basically, you can restore backup with iCloud just like iTunes. Despite that iCloud restore is very slow, it's still a workable way to recover lost data from iPhone. Alternatively, you can use Tenorshare UltData to restore from iCloud backups. This amazing software has broken the limitation of reading and directly accessing iCloud files.
So, finally, it can be said that creating backup files is very important for iDevice users and mostly iCloud or iTunes will help you out with that certain situation. But if you are in bigger trouble than that or you want to restore backup without going through all the hoops of data limitations, you can use Tenorshare UltData. The app works fast and efficiently and it will recover any kind of lost data in no time. We highly recommend it for iOS 16/15 data recovery!
If you find this article helpful, do share and comment!!
- Recover data directly from iOS devices, iTunes & iCloud backup;
- Support the scanning and reading of encrypted iTunes backup files;
- Support 35+ file types (WhatsApp, SMS, contacts, photos, etc.);
- Support WhatsApp, LINE, Kik, Viber, Wechat Backup & Restore(Mac Only);
- Compatible with latest iOS 17 and iPhone 15/Plus/Pro/Pro Max;