How to Fix Yahoo Mail Not Working in Mail App with iOS 15/14/13/12/11
“After upgrading my iPhone to iOS 15 I can't see messages for my yahoo! account (@swbell.net). They begin to show up hours later, sometimes overnight. When I refresh email, I briefly see "downloading xx of xx" but I cannot see the emails. The same issue is now happening on my iPad after I upgraded it to iOS 15 yesterday. Had to stop using the Apple Mail app and installed the Yahoo! Mail app from the App Store in order to see my emails. ”
From the launch day of iOS 15, many users have been experiencing the issues that Yahoo mail not working on iPhone/iPad Mail app. This problem is also heard in the latest iOS 14. By now the known issues include:
- 1.Yahoo mail is not updating on iPhone X/8/7/6s/6 or iPad after iOS 15/14/13/12/11.3/11.2/11 update.
- 2.Yahoo mail not loading on iPhone.
- 3.Yahoo mail not receiving or sending emails.
- 4.Yahoo mail not showing all emails.
- 5.Yahoo mail not pushing to iPhone iOS 15/14.
- 6.Unable to login to Yahoo mail.
People swarm to the Yahoo support forums to complaint about the Yahoo mail problem with iOS Mail app, and the Yahoo team has posted a statement on Twitter saying that they are investigating and recommend downloading and using the Yahoo Mail app. Let’s see what we can do to fix Yahoo email not working with iOS 14 before Apple or Yahoo find a fix to this problem.
Solutions to Yahoo Email Not Working on iPhone
If you are unable to receive or send new email on iPhone native Mail app, try installing Yahoo Mail app from Apple Store. Yahoo Mail app is working fine on most iPhone/iPad models.
If Yahoo wants you to use third-party passwords when you are signing in from any other app like Yahoo Mail app, you can generate third-party app passwords with these steps:
- 1. Sign in and go to your Account security page.
- 2. Click Generate app password or Manage app passwords.
- 3. Select your app from the drop down menu and click Generate.
- 4. Follow the instructions below the password.
- 5. Click Done.
- 6. Now you can sign in to your mail app using your email address and this app password.
Try deleting the account > resetting network settings > restarting your iPhone and then re-login to your Yahoo email account.
Update iOS to latest version if you are not.
Check your IMAP settings.
Incoming Mail (IMAP) server:
- Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Port - 993
- Requires SSL - Yes
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server:
- Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port - 465 or 587
- Requires SSL - Yes
- Requires authentication - Yes
The Bottom Line
These are the possible solutions to fix Yahoo mail not working on iPhone with iOS 15 or latest iOS 14. If you are having other issues with iOS 15/14 like stuck on recovery mode, black screen, WiFi not working, etc., Tenorshare ReiBoot is designed to fix these system glitches related with iOS 15/14 without data loss. Check the most common iOS 14 problems and their fixes.