How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Slide to Upgrade Screen After iOS 14 Update
When you are updating your iPhone/iPad to the newest iOS 14, you might go through several iPhone stuck issues, like iPhone says slide to upgrade but won’t let slide and only gets a blank screen. If you are in this situation, please read below 3 tips on how to fix iOS 14 stuck on slide to upgrade loop.
- Tip 1: Perform Hard Reset on Stuck or Bricked iOS 12 and iOS 14 iPhone/iPad
- Tip 2: Restore iPhone with iTunes Backup to Get Past Slide to Upgrade Screen
- Tip 3: Ultimate Solution to Fix iOS 12/11 Update Stuck on “ Slide to Upgrade” Without Data Loss
Among three solutions force restart is the most direct and simplest way to get rid of slide to upgrade stuck on your device. Press and keep holding the Sleep/Wake button and Home button (Volume Down on iPhone 7 or newer) for at least 10 seconds until you see Apple Logo. After that your iOS 14 device will boot with refreshed iOS firmware. Please note that hard reset is not the panacea towards slide to upgrade stuck fix. It’s only the first step we recommend to troubleshoot potential risks leading to the problem.
For some reason, iOS 12 beta and iOS 14 run not as smoothly as people may expect. Should iPhone can’t slide to upgrade when using over the air updates, you might as well try to restore with iTunes. Here is what to do:
- Connect your iOS device with up-to-date iTunes on PC/Mac and click the device icon. If iTunes fails to recognize your iPhone/iPad, try to put into Recovery Mode by pressing Sleep/Wake button and Home longer than force restart until Connect to iTunes logo appears. Or try free Tenorshare ReiBoot to enter and exit Recovery Mode within one click.
Choose Restore Backup if you have prepared one before installing and upgrading iOS 14. Otherwise make a backup now and restore from it.
1. Before start, prepare yourself for the risk of data loss since iTunes may wipe out some contents from your iPhone/iPad.
2. If you have enabled Find my iPhone feature previously, this method is less likely applicable since Find my iPhone is inaccessible on iOS 14 slide to upgrade frozen device. Please refer to method 3 for ultimate solution then.
Neither solutions can fix slide to upgrade screen doesn't respond after updating iOS 14? The final resort is to repair the corrupted operating system that cause your iPhone stuck. Tenorshare ReiBoot will be a good trial to reinstall iOS on your iPhone/iPad. Compared with iTunes, there is no risk for losing precious data, and Tenorshare ReiBoot is more efficient and less restricted.
Select "Start" button on the main interface and follow the wizard to get your device detected.
Following the specific instructions to download the newest iOS firmware package by default. Alternatively, you can choose to import any version of iOS IPSW file according to your willingness.
Repairing process will automatically begin when downloaded or imported iOS firmware is ready.
That's all about how to how to get out of slide to upgrade screen on iOS 14 upgraded iPhone/iPad. Hope you can find a satisfied solution here.