What to do if You Forgot Your iPhone Passcode 2023
It is pretty common that at times you tend to forget passcodes of social media accounts, emails and sometimes iPhone passcodes too. When you forget such vital information, you will get locked away from your account or iPhone. So, what to do if you forgot your iPhone passcode and how to regain access to it easily? Well, there are various ways to handle the situation and we are happy to help you in this aspect.
- Part 1: Why Need to Set up iPhone Passcode
- Part 2: How to Unlock iPhone If Forgot iPhone Passcode
- Way 1: Erase iPhone Directly If Forgot Passcode
- Way 2: Unlock iPhone Forgot Passcode with 4uKey
- Way 3: Unlock iPhone Forgot Passcode via iTunes Restore
- Way 4: Unlock iPhone Forgot Passcode via Recovery Mode
- Way 5: Unlock iPhone Forgot Passcode by iCloud
- Part 3: What to Do After Removing iPhone Forgot Passcode
Here is a video tutorial on Unlock iPhone If You Forgot iPhone Passcode, you can watch the video or read the following details.
Part 1: Why Need to Set up iPhone Passcode
iPhone has replaced your laptop, communication channels, and banking activities in person. You do almost everything from buying groceries to booking air tickets right from your fingertips. Before you learn how to unlock iPhone if forgot passcode, it is neccessary to know why set up a passcode and what it protects.
- Keep your social media accounts safe to prevent others from accessing them without a passcode.
- Keep your banking details protected and prevent any fraudulent activities.
- Maintain data security by protecting your photos and vital documents and emails.
- Do not let unauthorized people access your device and hack your accounts (email, social media, banking etc.)
Part 2: How to Unlock iPhone If Forgot iPhone Passcode
A passcode is important to protect your iPhone data, but it can also be a trouble when you forgot the iPhone passcode? So what should you do if that happens? Let's find out 5 solutions to unlock your iPhone without passcode below.
Way 1: Erase iPhone Directly If Forgot Passcode
There is no way to enter your iPhone if you cannot remember the passcode, unless you erase the data and the screen lock. After entering the wrong passcodes several times, with iOS 15.2 and later, you will see the iPhone Unavaialble or Security Lockout screen with Erase option.
- Tap on the Erase iPhone option at the bottom, and then tap on it again to confirm.
Enter the password of your Apple ID that must have been logged on your locked iPhone.
- After that, the erasing process will start and remove the forgot passcode.
Not all iPhones have been updated to iOS 15.2 and later, or some devices cannot show the Erase iPhone option. So is there any other ways to unlock iPhone forgot passcode? We would be glad to suggest you with 4 more solutions below.
Way 2: Unlock iPhone Forgot Passcode with 4uKey
Opt for Tenorshare 4uKey and you are sorted for once and all. This software is efficient to work as an iTunes alternative and brings your iPhone back when it comes to iPhone password reset. Whether you have forgotten the passcode, or your iPhone screen has gone unresponsive or accepted no form of passcode recognition, it can seamlessly get rid of Face ID, 4 to 6 digit passcode as well as Touch ID.
First of all, download and launch the software. Then click Start to directly begin.
Then connect your iPhone to the computer. Press the 'Next' button afterwards.
Move to the next screen and hit 'Download'. It will download the latest iOS firmware package for your iPhone.
Once the iOS firmware has been downloaded, click on the 'Start Remove' button. It will take a while to complete the entire process to take effect.
Now, the iPhone passcode gets removed and you can access the iPhone without any passcode.
Way 3: Unlock iPhone Forgot Passcode via iTunes Restore
How to reset your iPhone when you forgot your password? Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer and restore iPhone. If you have used iTunes to sync your iPhone data, then iTunes might detect your iPhone. Go to Summary (Windows)/ General (Mac), and click on Restore iPhone.
All goes well, the restore process will be over in a few minutes, and you'll be able to use your phone again.
Way 4: Unlock iPhone Forgot Passcode via Recovery Mode
If the above method pops up a windows that requires you to enter the password to unlock your phone, or iTunes does not find your iPhone, you can put the phone into recovery mode first. Then you will see the Restore option.
Click on Restore, and then wait for it to remove forgot iPhone passcode in a few minutes.
Way 5: Unlock iPhone Forgot Passcode by iCloud
Can I unlock iPhone forgot passcode without restore? Yes, if you do not want to use iTunes, then go for iCloud, and use the Find iPhone feature to erase your device. This way need Apple ID and Find My iPhone on on your iPhone with network.
On another device, log into icloud.com with your Apple ID and password. Then click on Find iPhone to continue.
In the All Devices list, select your locked iPhone. Then click on Erase iPhone option.
- Confirm the option and enter your Apple ID password to complete.
Find My app is also available to erase iPhone when you forgot iPhone passcode but have another iOS device that is signed in with the same Apple ID.
Part 3: What to Do After Removing iPhone Forgot Passcode
With all the above ways, we can bypass iPhone forgot passcode. But they can not keep your iPhone data. Your iPhone will get erased and restart after the process. So you need to:
- Set up your iPhone as a new one.
- Set a new passcode that you remember or Face ID/Touch ID.
- Restore or transfer the data from backup in iTunes, iCloud and etc.
- Download and sign in to the apps that you normally use.
- Make regular backups for your iPhone data.
Now that you know what to do when you forgot iPhone password, what are you waiting for? Tenorshare 4uKey is the ultimate tool for solving iOS password issues and works equally on both Windows and Mac. After you unlock the forgotten passcode, set it up and recover the data from your backups.