How to Put Disabled iPhone into Recovery Mode
Recovery mode is an effective workaround to bring a disabled iPhone to working condition. But, as painful it may sound, it’s often the last resort users rely on to keep the things going.
Getting into recovery mode isn’t a tough task but users face difficulty as the process is slightly different for almost every iPhone model. Keeping this sin view, this blog is going to outline various simple methods of how to get disabled iPhone into recovery mode. Without any further ado, let’s cut to the chase.
- Part 1: Why You Will Get Disabled iPhone
- Part 2: How to Put Disabled iPhone into Recovery Mode
- Part 3: 2 Ways to Fix Disabled iPhone in Recovery Mode
Part 1: Why You Will Get Disabled iPhone
Before discussing how to remove disabled iPhone, it’s important to learn why your iPhone is disabled in the first place to avoid facing this issue in the future.
Your iPhone is disabled when someone enters the wrong passcode for at least six times times. Before disabling your device, Apple may freeze your device for 30 seconds/5 minutes/15 minutes or even an hour.
This feature is introduced as an extra layer of security to protect the users’ data.
Part 2: How to Put Disabled iPhone into Recovery Mode
After discussing why Apple has disabled your device, let us learn various simple ways for putting your disabled iPhone into the Recovery Mode.
1. Get Disabled iPhone 8 or Later into Recovery Mode
To get a disabled iPhone 8 or later into recovery mode:
- Press and quickly release the Volume UP button and do the same for Volume Down button.
- Now, long press the Side button until the recovery mode appears on the screen as shown in the figure.
2. Get disabled iPhone 7/7 P into Recovery Mode
Follow the below steps to get a disabled iPhone 7 or 7 plus into the recovery mode.
Switch your phone off and then press and hold Side button and Volume Down button simultaneously until you see the recovery mode on the screen.
3. Get disabled iPhone SE 1 or iPhone 6s and earlier into Recovery Mode
For SE 1 and iPhone 6s or earlier, follow the below steps to get into the recovery mode.
Long press the side button (or top button) and the Home button at the same time. Release them when the recovery mode appears on the screen.
Related Video Guide:
Part 3: 2 Ways to Fix Disabled iPhone in Recovery Mode
Now that you know how to get disabled iPhone into recovery mode, let us talk you through the two most effective methods to fix the disabled.
Way 1: Remove Disabled iPhone with iTunes
iTunes is the official method to fix a disabled iPhone. However, users should bear in mind that this method is viable only if you have recently connected the disabled iPhone with the same iTunes. That’s why this method doesn’t work in most cases.
In any case, follow the below steps to bypass the disabled iPhone screen using iTunes.
- Put your device into the recovery mode (part 2), launch iTunes on your computer and connect the device via a lightning cable.
- Now, click on your device’s icon on iTunes (if more than one devices are connected to iTunes). iTunes will automatically detect that something is wrong with your iPhone and a pop-up window will appear showing Restore and Update options.
- iTunes will take some time to clear all the data on your device including the passcode and you’ll be able to set up your iPhone as a new device and start using it again.
Way 2: Get Rid of Disabled iPhone with ReiBoot
As you have seen that iTunes doesn’t work for all cases and you may be among the unfortunate user. If you are looking for a method that gets the job done and help you get rid of disabled iPhone in every single case, then Tenorshare ReiBoot is what you need right now.
The best thing about ReiBoot is that it’s highly secure and doesn’t cause any damage to your device. Its intuitive and user-friendly interface makes it a perfect option even for not-so tech savvy users. Remember, for this process you need to let ReiBoot delete all the data on the disabled device to make it functioning again.
Now, follow these steps to remove the disabled screen:
After installing ReiBoot on your computer, connect the disabled iPhone in recovery mode to it and click on Reset Device.
Now the software will show you two options to reset your device. Choose the Factory Reset icon and then hit on Factory Reset to proceed.
Now, ReiBoot will show the right firmware package corresponding to your device. Hit on Download to save it on your computer.
It will take a few minutes to completely download the firmware file. After that, click on Start Reset to begin the process.
Wait until the software completes the process. Now, hit on Done and set your iPhone as new. You won’t be restricted by the disable screen anymore.
An iPhone becomes virtually useless when it’s disabled as it locks the user out of using any of its feature. Knowing that how frustrating it can be for users, this blogpost has outlined a step-by-step guide on how to put locked iPhone into recovery mode and then how to bypass the locked screen.
With its stellar features and 100% reliability, Tenorshare ReiBoot is the best tool you can fall back on to get rid of the disabled screen.