iPad Security Lockout & Forgot Passcode? Unlock It Now
In any scenario, if you have forgotten your iPad’s screen passcode, you might end up entering the wrong passcode many times. It activates "iPad Unavailable" or "Security Lockout" screen, which prevents you from trying to enter the passcode anymore. Anyway, you have to bypass iPad Security Lockout. There are 5 ways to do.
- Part 1. Why Does My iPad Say Security Lockout
- Part 2. 5 Ways to Unlock iPad Security Lockout
- Part 3. FAQs on iPad Security Lockout
Part 1. Why Does My iPad Say Security Lockout
Like what we have said, your iPhone or iPad goes to Security Lockout after several failed passcode attempts. You have 5 times in a row to enter the passcode. The sixth time, your iPad will say iPad Unavailable try again in 1 minute. More wrong passcode attempts, you will see the screen like iPad Security Lockout try again in 15 minutes. After that, you have to wait for longer time in the locked screen.
Part 2. 5 Ways to Unlock iPad Security Lockout
So how do I get my iPad out of Security Lockout? It happens that you cannot remember the correct passcode or you see iPad Security Lockout no timer to guess the passcode again. Keep reading to find the best 5 solutions.
- 1. Erase iPad on Security Lockout Screen
- 2. Unlock iPad Security Lockout with 4uKey
- 3. Reset iPad in Find My App on iPhone
- 4. Restore Locked iPad by iTunes
- 5. Restore Locked iPad in Recovery Mode
1. Erase iPad on Security Lockout Screen
First of all, if you see the iPad on security lockout screen, and it is updated to iPadOS 15.2 and later, then look for the Erase iPad option at the bottom. This will delete all of the data as well as the screen passcode. Usually the security lockout appears after you try passcodes more times in iPad Unavailable screen.
Note: Apple ID should be logged on your iPad before it is in security lockout with available network connection.
Pickup your iPad and tap on Erase iPad at the bottom in the iPad security lockout.
- You will be asked again if you want to remove all the data and settings and erase iPad completely. Confirm to continue.
Enter the password of your Apple ID logged on this iPad.
- The process of erasing will start immediately. After that, you will see the hello screen.
2. Unlock iPad Security Lockout with 4uKey
Now if there is no Erase iPad option on iPad Security Lockout or the Apple ID is not signed on the locked iPad, then jump straight into using Tenorshare 4uKey. It can bypass disabled iPad quite easily and let you use the iPad once again seamlessly. Compatible with all iPads and capable of bypassing iPhone security lockout too.
Install 4uKey and run the program. Click on Start to begin unlocking your iPad.
Connect your iPad to the computer using the charging cable and let the software detect it. Afterward, click on “Next”.
Download the latest firmware package file, and then start to remove the locked screen.
The process takes a few minutes. Once you bypass the iPad lock screen, you can set it up as a brand new iPad and set its passcode once again.
3. Reset iPad in Find My App on iPhone
How to fix iPad Unavailable without computer? With Apple ID, if you also use an iPhone, then erase iPad and bypass the security lockout by Find My app on your iPhone. Find My iPad should be enabled or have been enabled.
- On your iPhone, open the Find My app.
- On the bottom menu, tap on Devices. All the devices that used your Apple ID will be shown here.
Now select the locked iPad, scroll down to find Erase this device. Tap on it.
- Continue. Enter Apple ID password to finish the erasing process.
How to deal with iPad security lockout without an iPhone? The same thing could be done using iCloud website.
- Go to https://www.icloud.com and log in using your Apple ID and password. Now click on Find iPhone.
- In the All Devices list, choose the iPad which you want to erase to bypass the iPad security lockout.
Tap on Erase iPad to remove all the data and all the locks from your iPad.
4. Restore Locked iPad by iTunes
For iPad security lockout and how to restore it without passcode, iTunes is another option if you are familiar with it. Similarly, if Apple ID has been logged on your iPad, you need to enter Apple ID and passcode after restoring.
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPad to it using the lightning fast cable.
- Click on the small iPad icon on the left menu bar.
In Summary/General, you can see the Restore iPad button. Click on it.
- This will reset your device and remove the passcode along with it.
5. Restore Locked iPad in Recovery Mode
While you use iTunes to get rid of iPad Security lockout screen, it is possible that iTunes does not detect your locked iPad. In this case, you can put your iPad into recovery mode and then bypass the lock screen passcode.
- For iPad with a Home button, long press the Home button along with the top or side button until you see the recovery screen.
If your iPad does not have a Home button, press and release the Volume Up and Down buttons in succession and then hold the top button until you see the recovery screen.
After that, a pop up will show up. And you can click on Restore to completely bypass the iPad security lockout screen.
Part 3. FAQs on iPad Security Lockout
1. How long does Security Lockout last on iPad?
The minimum time that iPad is unavailable is one minute. For security lockout, it may last for 15 minutes, 30 minutes or longer, 1 hours. The worst situation is that there is no time and you can try your passcode in null.
2. Can I fix iPad Security Lockout without erasing data?
No. All the methods for Security Lockout reset will erase all contents and settings on your iPad. But you can restore the data from an old backup.
3. How to unlock my iPad after too many attempts?
You can erase your iPad with Apple ID, use 4uKey to unlock iPad without passcode or let iTunes to restore your iPad.
Forgetting passwords on iPad is quite a normal thing these days and it leads to Lockout screen. However, there are many ways to bypass iPad security lockout which will enable you to once again use your iPad. We explain 5 ways here, and among them, Tenorshare 4uKey can be your ultimate and most efficient choice.