iPad Security Lockout & Forgot Passcode? Unlock It Now
In any scenario, if you have forgotten your iPad’s screen passcode, you might end up entering the wrong passcode many times, which activates "Security Lockout" and prevents you from trying to enter the passcode anymore. You have to bypass iPad Security Lockout. Luckily, there are ways to do.
- 1. Erase iPad on Security Lockout Screen
- 2. Erase iPad in Find My App
- 3. Unlock Security Lockout with 4uKey
- 4. Restore iPad by iTunes
- 5. Restore iPad in Recovery Mode
1. Erase iPad on Security Lockout Screen
First of all, if you see the iPad on security lockout screen, and your iPad is just updated to iPadOS 15.2 and later, then look for the Erase iPad option at the bottom. This will delete all of the data as well as the screen passcode.
Note: Apple ID should be logged on your iPad before it is in security lockout with available network connection.
Pickup your iPad and Enter the wrong passcodes until your iPad are in the iPad security lockout. Then tap on Erase iPad at the bottom.
If you see iPad Unavailable screen, then try more times after several minutes.
- You will be asked again if you want to remove all the data and settings and erase iPad completely. Confirm to continue.
- Enter the password for the Apple ID logged in on this iPad.
- The process of erasing will start immediately. After that, you will see the hello screen.
2. Erase iPad in Find My App
If you use an iPhone with an iPad, then you can erase your iPad and bypass the security lockout by using the Find My app on your iPhone. It also relies on the Apple ID and Find My feature. Let’s go through how-to steps.
- On your iPhone, open the Find My app.
- On the bottom menu, tap on Devices. All the devices that used your Apple ID will be shown here.
Now select the locked iPad, scroll down to find Erase this device. Tap on it.
- Continue. Enter Apple ID password to finish the erasing process.
If you do not have an iPhone, and how to deal with iPad security lockout? The same thing could be done using iCloud website.
- Go to https://www.icloud.com and log in using your Apple ID and password. Now click on Find iPhone.
- In the All Devices list, choose the iPad which you want to erase to bypass the iPad security lockout.
Tap on Erase iPad to remove all the data and all the locks from your iPad.
3. Unlock Security Lockout with 4uKey
Now if you can not log into your iCloud account on other devices or the Apple ID is not signed on the locked iPad, then this is the option to jump straight into using Tenorshare 4uKey. It can bypass the iPad security lockout quite easily and let your use the iPad once again seamlessly. Compatible with all iPads and capable of bypassing iPhone security lockout.
Install 4uKey and run the program. Click on Start to begin unlocking your iPad.
Connect your iPad to the computer using the charging cable and let the software detect it. Afterward, click on “Next”.
Download the latest firmware package file, and then start to remove the locked screen.
The process takes a few minutes. Once the iPads passcode has been removed, you can set it up as a brand new iPad and set its passcode once again.
4. Restore iPad by iTunes
For iPad security lockout and how to restore it without passcode, you can also choose to use iTunes if you are familiar with it. Similarly, if Apple ID has been logged on your iPad, you need to enter Apple ID and passcode after restoring.
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPad to it using the lightning fast cable.
- Click on the small iPad icon on the left menu bar.
In Summary/General, you can see the Restore iPad button. Click on it.
- This will reset your device and remove the passcode along with it.
5. Restore iPad in Recovery Mode
While you use iTunes to get rid of iPad Security lockout screen, it is possible that iTunes does not detect your locked iPad after you connect it. In this case, you can put your iPad into recovery mode and then restore it.
- If your iPad has a Home button, then long press the Home button along with the top or side button until you see the recovery screen.
If your iPad does not have a Home button, press and release the Volume Up and Down buttons in succession and then hold the top button until you see the recovery screen.
After that, a pop up will show up. And you can click on Restore to completely bypass the iPad security lockout screen.
Forgetting passwords on iPad is quite a normal thing these days and it leads to Security Lockout. However, there are many ways to bypass this iPad security lockout which will enable you to once again use your iPad completely. We explain 5 ways here, and among them, Tenorshare 4uKey can be your ultimate and most efficient choice.