[Solved!]How to Get into a Disabled iPhone [iOS 15 Supported]
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2021-10-18 / Update for Unlock iPhone
The passcode in an iOS device is a protection that can be turned on so that only you or persons authorized by you can enter into your device using the passcode. But what if you have forgotten your password and tried a wrong password many times? Or someone else tried a wrong password multiple time? In these cases, iPhone has a feature to disable your phone to prevent any unauthorized access. But if it's actually you locked out of your phone you may be in trouble. Do you want to know how to get into a disabled iPhone? In this article, I will be showing you how to get into your disabled iPhone if you are locked out due to any reason.
- Part 1: Why Your iPhone Is Disabled
- Part 2: How to Get Into A Disabled iPhone Without iTunes/iCloud
- Part 3. How to Get into An iPhone That Is Disabled via iTunes
Part 1: Why Your iPhone Is Disabled
An iOS device needs a password or touch ID every time to enter and access the device as a protection against unauthorized use. An iPhone can be disabled on its own due to few reasons which are mentioned below:
1. When in the iPhone a wrong passcode is entered 5 times consecutively, the phone will disable on its own for 1 min, and a message will be displayed "iPhone is disabled" on the screen.
In the table below we have shown how many incorrect password entries consecutively will result in how much time after which you may be able to enter the password again along with what message will be displayed on your screen. Waiting 1, 5 or 15 minutes may not seem to be a problem but waiting for an hour or connecting to iTunes to enable the iPhone again may be a problematic for most of the users.
|Incorrect Password Entries||Wait Time||Message displayed on screen|
|5||1 min||iPhone is disabled|
|7||5 min||iPhone is disabled|
|8||15 min||iPhone is disabled|
|9||60 min||iPhone is disabled|
|10||nil||iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes|
2. Your iPhone may also be disabled even if you didn't enter any wrong passwords to unlock it. You may be wondering how does this happen? There are two reasons for an iPhone to apparently lock itself out:
- a. Accidently when the phone is in your pocket
- b. Someone trying to enter your iPhone intentionally or unintentionally
- c. someone can enter multiple wrong passcodes unintentionally e.g. a young kid
Part 2: How to Get Into A Disabled iPhone Without iTunes/iCloud
Here, I will let you know how to get into a disabled iPhone 6 ~ 13, in the worst case if your screen shows a message "iPhone is Disabled, connect to iTunes" and you can't connect to iTunes or iCloud. Tenorshare 4uKey is the best tool to unlock your screen and enable your iPhone again. 4uKey is designed to be super simple that works effectively in letting you remove the passcode from your iPhone 13/13 Mini/13 Pro. Follow the guidance please. Please back up your data before getting into a disabled iPhone, otherwise your device will be erased.
First step is to download and install 4uKey on your computer or Mac, then launch the program, choose the feature "Unlock Lock Screen Passcode".
Connect iPhone to the computer/Mac, then click "Start" from the interface.
Click button "Download" to download the latest firmware package of your iPhone. Some minutes passed, the firmware will be downloaded successfully.
Click button "Start Unlock" to get into the disabled iPhone without iTunes. When the whole process finished, the passcode has been removed successfully. you can set up your iPhone as new, including passcode, Touch ID and Face ID settings. If you have a previous iTunes/iCloud backup, you can retrieve iPhone from backup.
Video Tutorial on How to Get into A Disabled iPhone
Part 3. How to Get into An iPhone That Is Disabled via iTunes
If your screen shows a message "iPhone is disabled, try again in X minutes" then it is easy to enable your device again. You have to wait for the required time and then enter the proper passcode. If you can't wait or you don't know the password, try to restore it through iTunes. The processes are as follows:
- Firstly, you need to disconnect your iPhone from the computer.
Connect your iPhone to Computer and launch iTunes. You will see a pop-up windows asking you to restore or update. Click "Restore" button, then iTunes will download the latest software for your iPhone.
- After the process is completed, your iPhone will reboot automatically and the screen passcode will be removed.
In the above article, we have mentioned the best ways on how to get into your disabled iPhone using Tenorshare 4uKey.
If you do not know the actual iPhone passcode and you do not have a recent backup (iTunes or iCloud), the data on the iPhone will be deleted and lost forever. There is no way to unlock an iPhone and recover the all your data in such a situation. Therefore, it is very important to keep regular and frequent backups of your iPhone data.
- Remove Apple ID or iCloud account on iPhone/iPad without password
- Bypass iPhone/iPad screen passwords instantly
- Bypass MDM Screen from iPhone/iPad
- Remove screen time passcode in 3 simple steps
- Fix disabled iPhone/iPad without iTunes or iCloud