iPhone Security Lockout If Forgot Passcode? Fix It Now
Are you seeing the lock screen with "Security Lockout" on your iPhone? Don't freak out. The iPhone Security Lockout or Unavailable screen appears when we try to enter a wrong passcode too many times. The thing is, what does this lockout mean, and how can you re-access your iPhone for normal use? Keep on reading this article that will help you out.
- Part 1: What Does Security Lockout Mean on iPhone
- Part 2: 4 Ways to Fix iPhone Security Lockout
- Part 3: What to Do After Bypassing iPhone Security Lockout
Part 1: What Does Security Lockout Mean on iPhone
To simply put, the meaning of iPhone security lockout is that, your iOS device is currently locked and unavailable. It happens when you forget the passcode and enter the wrong ones too many times, or someone enters the wrong password intentionally, or maybe you touch the screen unintentionally to unlock it. Your device will consider all these wrong passcode attempts unsafe, and it results in a security lockout for data protection. You or others can't access any content or settings.
Part 2: 4 Ways to Fix iPhone Security Lockout
With the passcode, you can enter it after the security lockout timer to unlock the iPhone normally. If you really can't think of the forgotten password, learn how to get out of security lockout on iPhone in 4 simple ways.
1. Erase iPhone on Security Lockout Screen Directly
The iPhone Security Lockout came along with the iOS 15.2 release. And users can erase iPhone in this lockout situation. But two more prerequisites: you have logged in to iCloud on your iPhone, and the device is connected to an available network.
- Tap on the "Erase iPhone" option at the bottom right corner.
Tap on the "Erase iPhone" again to confirm. Then put in your Apple ID and password so it can erase your device instantly.
- When it's all done, you can set up your iPhone as a new device.
2. Bypass iPhone Security Lockout with 4uKey
Without the Erase iPhone option, to reset the locked iPhone in security lockout, you can easily use Tenorshare 4uKey and bypass your iPhone screen lock with a computer. And it also supports fixing "iPhone is disabled" screen as it is compatible with all iOS devices.
Firstly, download and install the 4ukey on your PC or Mac. Launch the program and hit on the start button to proceed.
Then connect your iPhone to the PC, and it will detect your device instantly. Now, click the Next button from the main screen.
And here, it'll ask you to download the new firmware package.
And when the download is all done to a PC, click on the "Start Remove" button, and it will begin bypassing the security lockout.
Wait for your iPhone to restart, and no password needed to unlock your iPhone.
So, this is how it bypasses the iPhone lock screen successfully. Do give it a try! It does the same thing for iPad security lockout or unavailable screen.
3. Erase iPhone in Find My
Find My feature in iCloud locates lost devices and erases your iPhone too. It can delete all your personal data including the forgotten passcode that causes iPhone security lockout. As the title suggests, this way need Find My iPhone turned on on your locked iPhone. Otherwise, it will not work, and go for the above solution.
- Firstly, go to iCloud.com either on the web browser or phone. And here, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on the Find iPhone icon, again enter your Apple ID password. After that, click on "All device" and pick yours.
Select Erase iPhone and begin the process. When the process is all done, your iPhone will restart.
4. Restore iPhone by iTunes
The last but common way is to restore iPhone with iTunes. When iPhone says Security Lockout, iTunes may not recognize your device, then enter your iPhone in Recovery Mode first. On Mac, you can use Finder instead of iTunes.
- Firstly, open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to it.
If iTunes detects your iPhone, then go to Summary/General and click on the Restore iPhone option.
If iTunes cannot detect your iPhone, put your iPhone into recovery mode, then you'll see a pop-up, click on the Restore option.
- Lastly, your iPhone will automatically restart after the restoration.
Part 3: What to Do After Bypassing iPhone Security Lockout
As the above 4 ways all erase the data on your device after you bypass the iPhone security lockout screen, it is a must to set up your iPhone as a new one after it restarts.
- Set up your iPhone step by step.
- Enter Apple ID and password to unlock iCloud activation if you have signed into iCloud.
- Choose to restore data from the most recent backup to minimize data loss. It is important to have a regular backup.
- Set a new screen lock passcode, and customize your iPhone as usual.
- Download and set the apps you use a lot.
With this article's conclusion, we hope that it helped you learn the quick ways to fix iPhone Security Lockout. And if you're confused, we recommend you to use Tenorshare 4uKey. It's a professional iOS unlocking tool, working for all iOS devices. So, grab 4uKey now and re-use your iPhone like before!