iPhone Unavailable No Erase Option How to Unlock
Forgetting your iPhone passcode causes you enter wrong passcode many times, rendering your iPhone unavailable and in security lockout. We know that we get an Erase iPhone option when iPhone goes in this mode, however, sometimes there is no erase option.
So how to unlock iPhone unavailable no erase option? Rest assured, we will offer different solutions and reasons to this problem.
- Part 1: Why iPhone Unavailable No Erase Option
- Part 2: iPhone Unavailable No Erase Option? Unlock in 3 Options
- 1. Fix iPhone Unavailable No Erase Option using 4uKey
- 2. Fix iPhone Unavailable No Erase Option by iCloud
- 3. Fix iPhone Unavailable No Erase Option via iTunes or Finder
- Part 3: How to Unlock iPhone Unavailable with Erase Option
- Part 4: FAQs on iPhone Unavailable No Erase Option
Part 1: Why iPhone Unavailable No Erase Option
Why don't I have the Erase iPhone option on the lock screen? Well, we firstly analyze and summarize the possible causes of iPhone unavailable no erase option issue before getting into the solution parts.
- An older iOS version – If your iPhone is running below iOS 15.2, then when you enter wrong passcode many times, it only shows iPhone is disabled try again in X minutes with no erase option.
- Being disconnected from the Internet – If your iPhone’s WIFI or Data is off when it is unavailable, there’s a high probability that you won’t get the Erase iPhone option too.
- Apple ID - To have this option of Erase iPhone on the Unavailable screen, you need to have Apple ID signed in on your iPhone.
- iOS bugs - Even if your iPhone meets the above conditions, there may be no Erase iPhone option either due to system bugs.
Part 2: iPhone Unavailable No Erase Option? Unlock in 3 Options
When there is no Erase option, how to fix iPhone Unavailable without erasing? Well, even without the erase option, unless you enter the correct passcode before the timer to try again ends, the data will be removed for data protection if iPhone is unlocked without passcode.
Here we will provide you with three options and you can use any one of them to unlock iPhone Unavailable screen.
1. Fix iPhone Unavailable No Erase Option using 4uKey
No Erase iPhone Option? Unlock unavailable iPhone with computer via iPhone unlocker - Tenorshare 4uKey. This tool actually works for all iPhones and iPads when you forget the passcode like 4-digit code, 6-digit code, and even Touch ID or Face ID. How to use it? Read the directions given below:
Click the download button to download 4uKey on your computer. Install the program and run it. Click on Start.
Connect your iPhone to the computer using the lightning-fast cable. After it is detected, click on Next.
Then 4ukey will ask you to download the firmware package. Let the download complete.
Once the firmware is downloaded, the software will start removing passcode from your device and wait for a few minutes.
When the passcode gets removed and your iPhone restarts, you will see the following success message on your screen.
2. Fix iPhone Unavailable No Erase Option by iCloud
There is another way to erase your unavailable iPhone without Erase iPhone option on the lock screen. And this is Find iPhone in iCloud website. Use the Apple ID and its password that was logged in the iPhone to sign into iCloud website, you will find the Erase iPhone option as below:
- Go to iCloud.com and log in. Once log in, click on Find iPhone.
- Click on the All Devices tab and select your iPhone from it.
Click on the Erase iPhone icon to factory reset your iPhone and remove any passcode. Confirm with your Apple ID password.
3. Fix iPhone Unavailable No Erase Option via iTunes or Finder
The third option in this list is iTunes. iTunes backs up your iPhone and restores your iPhone to factory settings too. So when you forget the iPhone passcode, use iTunes to bypass the iPhone Unavailable screen with no Erase option. On macOS Catalina and later, you can directly open Finder.
- Run iTunes on your trusted computer. And connect your iPhone to the computer using the lightning-fast cable.
Click on the device icon and select Summary/General. Then click on Restore iPhone.
- When iTunes or Finder does not detect your unavailble iPhone, put it into recovery mode. And then you will see the following screem.
Click on Ok and then Restore iPhone. This will factory reset your iPhone and also reset the passcode.
Part 3: How to Unlock iPhone Unavailable with Erase Option
Now you must know how to fix iPhone Unavailable withou Erase option. Anyway, let's briefly explain how to unlock iPhone Unavailable or Security Lockout with Erase iPhone as well.
- When iPhone becomes unavailable, tap on Erase iPhone option at the bottom right corner.
- It will tell you that this means erasing all contents and settings. Tap on Erase iPhone to go on.
You now have to enter the said Apple ID password and wait for the erasing process to complete.
Part 4: FAQs on iPhone Unavailable No Erase Option
1. Why my iPhone says iPhone is disabled and no Erase option?
Erase iPhone option appears in specific scenarios where your iPhone needs to be upgraded to iOS 15.2 and above. iPhone is disabled appears on older iOS versions that do not support Erase iPhone option on the lock screen.
What if iPhone Unavailable no Erase option and no computer?
All three methods above to unlock iPhone Unavailable without Erase option require a computer. So what to do without a computer either? In fact, iCloud website can be logged in on any device, such as your family's mobile. And if you have another ipad, you can also directly use Find My app on it.
How to fix iPhone Security Lockout with no Erase iPhone option?
Security Lockout message is the same as iPhone Unavailable, which can be fixed with the methods above like 4uKey, iCloud.com or iTunes too.
To unlock iPhone Unavailable with Erase iPhone is simple, but the problem can also be solved when you face iPhone Unavailable no Erase option. There are professional iPhone unlockers like Tenorshare 4uKey, Find My iPhone option of iCloud, or iTunes, which could remove the forgotten passcode and give your access back to the iPhone.