How to Reset iPhone to Factory Settings [New Guide]
When your iPhone is full of storage or has small glitches, or you decide to give your iPhone to someonel else, you need to wipe your iPhone completely. You may have a basic knowledge of iPhone factory settings. And in this article, we will go over 4 easy ways which can guide us on how to reset iPhone to factory settings.
- 1. Reset iPhone to Factory Settings in Settings
- 2. Reset iPhone to Factory Settings Via iTunes
- 3. Reset iPhone to Factory Settings by iCloud
- 4. Reset iPhone to Factory Settings with 4uKey (No Password)
1. Reset iPhone to Factory Settings in Settings
To reset iPhone to factory settings and wipe all the data and settings permanently, you do not need anything else but the Settings app. Before you do that, ensure that you have backed up all your important data.
- Open Settings > General and scroll down to find Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- On the next page, tap on Erase All Contents and Settings.
Continue, the reset iPhone to factory settings process will begin and it might take a couple of minutes.
2. Reset iPhone to Factory Settings Via iTunes
iTunes is a software by Apple to backup and restore iPhone data. Using iTunes, it is very easy to reset iPhone to factory settings if you have the need. Mac users can also restore iPhone in Finder with the same process. To know how to reset iPhone to factory settings:
- Run iTunes/Finder on your computer and connect your iPhone to it using the lightning-fast cable.
Go to Summary/General, and click on restore iPhone. A pop up will appear asking you to confirm your action. Click on Restore.
- iTunes will restore your device.
3. Reset iPhone to Factory Settings by iCloud
If you do not want to use iTunes, or you need to reset iPhone to factory settings remotely, then you can do it by using iCloud. The necessity of this method is that you have Find My iPhone enabled on your iPhone.
- Go to https://www.icloud.com/ and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Now look for the Find My icon and click on it.
- From the list of devices connected to this Apple ID, choose your iPhone.
On the next screen, click on Erase iPhone, which will remove all of your data from your iPhone and return iPhone to factory settings.
4. Reset iPhone to Factory Settings with 4uKey (No Password)
There is another possibility when you ask how to set iPhone to factory settings is that you are locked out of iPhone because you do not remember the passcode. Then Tenorshare 4uKey is the answer to your worries. It can unlock iPhone passcode, reset iPhone and iPad without requiring iTunes or iCloud.
Download, install and run 4uKey on your computer. Click on Start.
Now connect your iPhone to the computer by using the lightning-fast cable. Then click on Next.
The next step is downloading the firmware package. The firmware takes time depending upon how fast your internet is.
Click on Start to Remove once the download has completed.
The procedure spends a few minuts to complete. At last, you iPhone will restart as brand new. This is how to reset iPhone to factory settings.
To reset iPhone to factory settings is very common when people have to get rid of all the data on their devices. You can return iPhone to factory settings by using iTunes, Find My iPhone, the reset feature of settings, or you could go for a software - Tenorshare 4uKey that doesn’t even ask you for the screen passcode. All of them work, and you may choose the path you like.