2 Ways to Remove Device Supervision from iPhone and iPad
by Anna Sherry Updated on 2021-12-06 / Update for Unlock iPhone
How to remove device supervision from iPhone? Supervision is a mode that many companies and schools use for managing iOS devices. This can be an issue because you won't be able to control the device. In this article, we will explain what iPhone Device Supervision is and how you can turn it off using two different ways.
- Part 1. What is iPhone Device Supervision and Why
- Part 2. How to Remove Device Supervision from iPhone using 4uKey
- Part 3. How to Remove iPhone Supervision with Configurator 2
Part 1. What is iPhone Device Supervision and Why
iPhone supervision can be turned on by the device owner such as companies and schools, and this function enable them to control over the device and limits you from using different features on the iPhone. The IT departments can install the MDM software on it. This software is used to manage different things on iPhone and iPad and improves efficiency, productivity and much more.
There are many ways that you can easily know if your iPhone is supervised or not. Below we have mentioned two different ways that you can use to remove device supervision on iPhone.
Part 2. How to Remove Device Supervision from iPhone using 4uKey
Wondering any method to remove device supervision iPhone or how to get rid of device supervision on iPad? You can use Tenorshare 4uKey, which is the best MDM removal tool. It doesn’t cause any issues while bypassing the MDM lock and easily removes iPhone supervision within a few seconds. Let’s see why you choose 4uKey before discussing how to delete device supervision on iPad and iPhone:
- No need passwords and no data loss.
- Easy with only a few clicks.
- Having more other features like unlocking iPhone without passwords.
Once the software is installed, choose the “Bypass MDM” option and follow the next step.
Connect your iPhone or iPad using the correct USB cable. Make sure that your device is unlocked while connecting it with the PC.
Then hit the “Start” option on the screen and wait for a while.
Within a few seconds, you will see a message on the screen that MDM has been bypassed successfully. Now, you can access all the functions of the iPhone and iPad.
Part 3. How to Remove iPhone Supervision with Configurator 2
Are there any other method to remove device supervision iPhone? In this case, you can also use Configurator 2, a free tool created by Apple for Mac users. Using it, you can install different applications, change wallpapers, export documents and information. However, keep in mind that:
- It will remove all your data and contents, so it is recommended to backup your device. And you can only restore the backup from supervised iPhone to another supervised device.
- Only IT administrators can access this application, so you need authorization from IT.
Now, let’s follow the steps below to remove device supervision on iPhone using Configurator 2.
- Download and open the Configurator 2 desktop application on your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac with a USB cable.
Now, click “Actions” > “Advanced”. Then select the "Erase all content and settings” option to turn off iPhone supervision.
How to remove device supervision from iPhone? There are some methods that you can follow to remove the supervision from iPhone and iPad. We would recommend using Tenorshare 4uKey because it doesn't require administrator permission and data loss, while if you plan to use Apple Configurator 2, it need permission from the IT department and cause data loss.
- Remove Apple ID or iCloud account on iPhone/iPad without password
- Bypass iPhone/iPad screen passwords instantly
- Bypass MDM Screen from iPhone/iPad
- Remove screen time passcode in 3 simple steps
- Fix disabled iPhone/iPad without iTunes or iCloud