[SOLVED] Google Photos App Not Showing All Photos
Google Photos is one of the most used apps by users to view and edit photos. But recently, users started complaining about Google Photos app not showing all photos. While facing this issue. Users were not able to see all the photos on their phone in the Google Photos app. If you are one of the users where Google Photos app not showing all photos on Android, then we are here to help you.
- Part 1. Why Google Photos App Not Showing All Photos?
- Part 2. How to Fix Google Photos App Not Showing All Photos?
- Extra Tips. How to Recover Missing Photos on Android Phone?
Part 1. Why Google Photos App Not Showing All Photos?
Even though there are many reasons for Google Photos not showing all photos, below are the top three reasons for this issue to take place.
- When you click or download pictures, a small amount of cache memory is created. This memory eventually gets bigger in size and turns out to be problem. Accumulation of cache might cause Google Photos to malfunction and not show all photos.
- One more reason is that you might have not turned on the sync on Google Photos. The app only shows photos that are synced with the it. If you are using multiple accounts, make sure to select the account where the photos are backed.
- Last, but not the least, if you have not given permissions to access to the SD card, Google Photos might not be able to show you the photos on your SD card. This is the main reason for Google Photos not showing all photos on SD card.
These are the top 3 reasons as to why users complain: Why can’t I see all my photos in Google Photos? Let us find solution to this issue.
Part 2. How to Fix Google Photos App Not Showing All Photos?
Below are some solutions that will tell you how to fix Google Photos app not showing all photos.
1. Clear the Cache and Data of Google Photos App
Clearing cache memory is the most common solution users apply while facing this issue. Follow the below steps to know how.
- Go to Settings >> Application Management >> Google Photos.
Tap on Clear cache and Clear data to remove the useless data from your device.
2. Make Sure You Have Enabled the Folders to Upload
One more reason, as mentioned earlier, might be that your photos are not synced with the app. Make sure that the images or folder or album is synced and the photos are being uploaded to the app. Your photos will not show in Google Photos unless they are uploaded and backed up on the cloud. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Go to Google Photos >> Profile icon.
- Next, go to Photos Settings >> Back up & sync >> Back up device folders.
Check off the folders that you wish to sync automatically.
3. Check the Archive of Google Photos App
Sometimes, your pics can be shifted to Archive folder to free some memory in the library. You need to check the Archive folder as well. Just click on the Archive folder and check whether your pics are present there or not.
4. Check the Trash Folder of Google Photos App
You can also check the trash folder of Google Photos and see if the photos are present there or not.
- On your Android device, open the Google Photos app.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
At the bottom, click on Library and then go to Trash.
5. Enable SD Card Access
You can also give access of SD card to the Google Photos app. This can be done by:
- Go to Google Photos >> Profile icon.
- Go to Photos Settings >> SD card access.
Follow on screen instruction to allow SD card access on the list.
Extra Tips. How to Recover Missing Photos on Android Phone?
If you think that your photos are permanently missing from Android phone, then we have the right tool for you that can recover all the lost data. That’s right we are talking about Tenorshare UltData for Android. This program can recover deleted photos Android internal storage within seconds. Read below to know how.
Download the program and connect your phone to the PC.
You need to allow USB debugging. This can be done by following the instruction given below in the image.
Start scanning for missing image by clicking Start.
You can preview the files before downloading them, on the next screen.
Lastly, once the files are previewed, they can be saved on the PC.
Having said that, we just had a look at the different reasons as to why Google Photos app not showing all photos. In addition to this, we also had a look at how to fix google photos app not showing all photos. Next, we saw that Tenorshare UltData for Android, which is the best tool for recovering permanently deleted files.