How to Wipe Android Phone before Selling with 2 Methods
Are you interested in knowing how to wipe android phone to sell? If so, then you’ll be glad to know that you’re in the perfect place. It’s essential that you know how to completely erase an Android phone in case you need to sell the phone or lend it to someone else. This will allow the other person to set up the phone as a new device. This article will give you a complete guide over how you can do this in the most simplest and efficient ways.
- Must-have Tips Before You Selling Phone
- Option 1: 3 Steps to Erase Android Phone before Selling
- Option 2: Factory Reset Android Phone before Selling
- Extra Tip: How to Repair Android System Issues before Selling
Must-have Tips Before You Selling Phone
Before you understand how to clear android phone before selling, you must acknowledge a few tips regarding selling your phone. These tips will make the process of selling your Android phone much quicker and easier for you.
- You should back up all your data onto your Google account before selling. This will help you recover necessary documents onto a new device using the same Google account.
- If you’re looking to sell your old phone, don’t forget to remove your SIM card from this phone.
- If the Android phone uses a memory card, simply transfer important images and document to the memory card so that the data doesn’t get lost.
- Clean the outside of your Android phone before selling it. This will remove any scratches or wear and tear on the phone body.
Option 1: 3 Steps to Erase Android Phone before Selling
This option of how to erase Android phone before selling involves three separate steps that’ll remove all data from your Android phone and make it ready to sell.
Step 1: Clear App Data on Android
If you want to know how to clear android phone before selling, then you must know how to clear app data on your Android phone. The steps below illustrate how you can clear app data on your Android phone.
- Launch ‘Settings’ on your Android phone. Scroll down and select ‘Apps’.
- From the list of installed apps, select the app of which you need to clear the data of.
Go to ‘Storage’ and hit ‘Clear Data’.
Step 2: Erase App Cache on Android
Erasing app cache is also a major part of how to erase data from android phone before selling. The process of deleting app cache is similar to that of deleting app data. Like app data, app cache of each app needs to be erased one at a time.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and locate ‘Apps’.
- Press the desired app to remove its cached data.
Select ‘Storage’ and hit ‘Clear Cache’.
Step 3: Wipe System Cache on Android: 1 Click and Free
The last step of how to erase data from android phone before selling is actually wiping system cache on your Android phone. There is a cache partition on all Android phones which stores the system cache and needs to be erased before selling the phone. You can easily do this with the help of Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android.
Connect your Android phone with the computer using a USB cable and launch ReiBoot. From the home page, select ‘One-Click to Clear System Cache’.
Now just wait patiently for ReiBoot to automatically clear system cache memory from your phone.
Option 2: Factory Reset Android Phone before Selling
An Android factory reset is a more convenient and preferable answer to ‘how to delete data before selling android phone?’ Factory reset is very different from the method described earlier as it erases all apps and data from your phone to return it to original factory settings. This is the perfect option to renew your device and make it perfect for selling.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and locate ‘Backup & Reset’.
Hit ‘Factory data reset’ to begin the process.
Hit ‘Reset device’ to confirm the command. You might be asked for your device PIN if set.
So, when it comes to how to delete data from android phone permanently before selling, factory reset is one of the most suitable options for you.
Extra Tip: How to Repair Android System Issues before Selling
Now that you’ve erased all data on your Android phone, you need to be aware of how to repair android system issues before selling. If your phone has any persistent system issues that might affect its usage, then you should try Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android to resolve all system issues. ReiBoot is highly recommended for this process because of its high workability and sleek interface.
Connect your phone to ReiBoot for Android, select ‘Repair Operating System’.
Hit ‘Repair Now’.
Double check the information regarding your phone and hit ‘Next’.
Press ‘Download’ to download the firmware package.
Lastly, select ‘Repair Now’ to begin the repairing process.
Honestly, the process of how to erase android phone before selling isn’t that difficult at all. The whole process take little time and efforts. After you’ve erased all data, I’d suggest you perform a system repair from Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android to ensure that the Android system on this phone is working properly.