How to Unlock A Disabled iPhone without iTunes or iCloud or Computer
by Anna Sherry Updated on 2023-03-21 / Update for Unlock iPhone
Typically, it requires you to enter password or Touch/Face ID to unlock iPhone. But if your iPhone becomes disabled, iTunes will help unlock it. However, what if you don’t have access to your iTunes or iCloud either? Well, this post will show you how to unlock a disabled iPhone without iTunes or iCloud or computer in different situations.
- Before Read: What Cause An iPhone or iPad to be Disabled
- 1. How to Unlock A Disabled iPhone without iTunes or iCloud or Computer (iOS 15.2 and Later)
- 2. How to Unlock A Disabled iPhone without iTunes or iCloud using 4uKey
- 3. How to Unlock A Disabled iPhone without iTunes or Computer using Find My
Before Read: What Cause An iPhone or iPad to be Disabled
Before we learn how to unlock your disabled iPhone or iPad, it is equally essential to consider the main factor that makes it disabled. It becomes disabled or unavailable when you enter the wrong password several times in a row. You will get a message that says "iPhone unavailable", "Security lockout" or “iPhone is disabled” and you cannot use the device until you unlock it.
1. How to Unlock A Disabled iPhone without iTunes or iCloud or Computer (iOS 15.2 and Later)
The iOS 15.2/16 helps you unlock iPhone when you do not have a computer or do not want to use iTunes or iCloud Find My, though it still needs you have logged into Apple ID and connected it to network before it is unavailable. The steps to unlock a disabled iPhone without iTunes or computer are very easy.
- After many times of wrong passwords attempts, you will be locked out of your iPhone for a period of time like the picture above shows.
- Tap on the Erase iPhone option on the right bottom.
Then confirm to erase iPhone and in the next page, and enter the Apple ID password on your locked iPhone.
- Your disabled iPhone will be reset and the lock screen will be removed now.
2. How to Unlock A Disabled iPhone without iTunes or iCloud using 4uKey
There is a chance that you see the “iPhone is disabled” or "iPhone unavailable" message on your iPhone without the Erase iPhone option. Don’t be dismay because you can use Tenorshare 4uKey to unlock the device. Tenorshare 4uKey can get rid of any passcode, Face ID, as well as Touch ID on your iPad or iPhone.
4uKey works with the latest iOS 16 and older iOS versions too. The steps involved are easy and straightforward. So, let’s see how to unlock a disabled iPhone without iTunes or passcode here.
Foremost, download Tenorshare 4uKey on your MAC or Windows PC. Then launch it and check out its easy-to-use interface. From there, click on Start to begin.
Using a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer. The iPhone should be detected automatically. Now, click Next to continue the process.
You will be prompted by the program to download the latest firmware file. Select a preferred save path and then hit Download to proceed.
Once you have downloaded the latest firmware, click the Start to Remove option. Then the unlocking process will start.
At the end, you will successfully unlock your iPhone and remove any previous passcode on it.
3. How to Unlock A Disabled iPhone without iTunes or Computer using Find My
The method above has described how you use your computer to unlock disabled iPhone without iTunes or iCloud. But if you have enabled the Find My iPhone feature on your iPhone, then you can open browser on any other mobile and visit the official iCloud website to erase your iPhone.
Here are the steps to unlocking a disabled iPhone without iTunes or computer:
- Firstly, use any device to visit www.icloud.com and use your Apple ID to sign in.
Click on Find My, and then look for the particular disabled iPhone from the All Devices list. After choosing it, hit the “Erase iPhone” icon.
- To continue, you will be prompted to confirm your Apple ID password. Also, you need to answer your security questions.
- When you are done with this, the disabled device will be unlocked without using computer or iTunes.
Although this specific method is straightforward and only requires a few actions, you must know the details of iCloud account. Otherwise you may refer back to Tenorshare 4uKey to unlock your disabled iPhone.
FAQs on Unlocking A Disabled iPhone:
1. How do I force reset a disabled iPhone?
You can not force restart a disabled iPhone and go to the home screen without passcode. And you cannot either force reset a disabled iPhone without the above methods.
Or you can choose to put your iPhone into recovery mode and unlock it with iTunes.
2. Can I unlock iPhone with Apple ID?
Yes, you can unlock a disabled iPhone with Apple ID. For this to be possible, your iPhone needs updating to iOS 15.2, or you visit the iCloud website, sign in with your Apple ID and unlock the disabled device.
Now you must know how to unlock a disabled iPhone without iTunes or iCloud or computer. Here we recommend using Tenorshare 4uKey to unlock any disabled iPhone or iPad. Do not worry when you are locked out of your iPhone without passcode as there is always a way to help you out.
- Remove Apple ID or iCloud account on iPhone/iPad without password
- Bypass iPhone/iPad screen passwords instantly
- Bypass MDM Screen from iPhone/iPad
- Remove screen time passcode in 3 simple steps
- Fix disabled iPhone/iPad without iTunes or iCloud