How to Fix 'SIM card is not from Version' Error
Recently, I purchased a refurbished Samsung mobile, but when I tried to insert my AT & T SIM card, I am getting an error message. The error states that the SIM card is not from Verizon. How do I fix this SIM card is not from Verizon error?”
It is not really assuring when you get a new smartphone, and it is flooded with error messages. Well, the users are complaining about such an issue. When they are inserting the SIM card, they are getting an error message; stating the SIM card is not from Verizon wireless. One thing we can say that there are very specific reasons behind this error, and it is fixable. Just read the article below to know more.
- Part 1: Why Does My Phone Say SIM Card Is not from Version?
- Part 2: How to Get Rid of SIM Card is not from Version Notification(Unlocked Phone)
- Part 3: How to Remove SIM Card is not from Verizon Wireless Message? (Locked Phone)
- Extra Tip: How to Remove iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch?
Part 1: Why Does My Phone Say SIM Card Is not from Version?
Why does my phone say SIM card is not from Verizon? So, in the beginning, we need to know why users are getting error messages like ‘SIM card is not from Verizon Galaxy S7’ or ‘SIM card is not from Verizon Galaxy S4’. Even though there is a SIM card in the device.
There are 2 reasons behind the SIM card is not from Verizon error.
- The phone is probably locked to the Verizon network, and you have inserted a SIM card that uses a different network.
- The second reason is that the phone is not locked to the Verizon network, but the APN hasn’t been set, and the device is having trouble to locate the network.
And now, it is time to look for the solution to fix SIMcard is not from Verizon Note 4. Check out the solutions below.
Part 2: How to Get Rid of SIM Card is not from Version Notification(Unlocked Phone)
It is very easy to fix; this SIM card is not from Verizon error message if your smartphone unlocked. This means SIM card is not from Verizon error appeared due to improperly set APN. Which can be fixed easily.
Let us show you the way to set APN for the T-Mobile SIM card.
- Step #1: In the Settings, tap on ‘Mobile Network Settings’.
- Step #2: Tap on ‘Access Point Names’ or ‘APN’ and then tap on the ‘+’ icon.
- Step #3: Now, you have to enter the following fields.
- Step #4: Check the typed info again. Then, tap ‘Save’.
APN: Fast.t-mobile.com (for LTE devices) or epc.tmobile.com (for non-LTE devices)
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
APN Type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
The SIM card is not from Verizon Galaxy S5 error should disappear after setting the APN properly.
Part 3: How to Remove SIM Card is not from Verizon Wireless Message? (Locked Phone)
How to remove SIM card is not from Verizon wireless message? If you are getting, this SIM card is not from Verizon wireless as the smartphone is locked to the Verizon network, then you have to unlock this device.
Similar to most of the carriers, Verizon also has an unlocking policy, but it is not applicable to all the customers. Only a few are eligible, and it can be expensive.
So, if you are not eligible and there is a big chance that you will not be, the SIM card is not from Verizon remove error will stay. Unless you take other measures. The only other thing you can do is to use a 3rd party program to unlock the device forcefully. Once the device is unlocked, the error message will disappear.
Extra Tip: How to Remove iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch?
So, how do you activate a SIM card for Verizon?
Well, the procedure to fix this error is laid out above, check it out. But this part of the article is for iOS users. If you are an iOS user and having trouble to bypass the iCloud Activation Lock, we have an excellent recommendation.
The program is called Tenorshare 4MeKey. It is safe to use, simple operating procedures and provides guaranteed success.
How to Remove iCloud Activation Lock with a Video Guide
Just install the program and connect the iOS device. Launch the program and follow the instruction displayed on the screen.
Why does my phone say no SIM card when there is one? Your mobile is locked to a specific network, and you are not a user of the said network. Or the APN is not set properly. Still, whatever the issue is, it can be fixed. It will cost to unlock the smartphone if it is locked, but if it is not locked, then the issue can be fixed easily by simply fixing the APN settings. While we are fixing the issue, you can also bypass iCloud Activation Lock using Tenorshare 4MeKey, easily.
FAQs about SIM Card
1. How do you activate a SIM card for Verizon?
Dial 98770 807-4646 from any smartphone and follow the prompts to activate your wireless service.
2. Why does my phone say no SIM card when there is one?
Possibly, the smartphone you are using is locked to a different network. So, when you are inserting the SIM card, it is not registering.
It is also possible that the APN of the mobile is not set properly, and even though it has a SIM card, the smartphone is unable to locate the network.
3. How do I clear my Verizon SIM card?
- Step 1. Put your SIM card into the SIM card slot and turn on the phone.
- Step 2. Navigate to the "Settings" and choose “Reset” from the options displayed.
- Step 3. Check the info and click on "Reset All."