Detailed Guide to Export Contacts from Android to VCF/CSV
How Can I Export Contacts from Android to .vcf File
"I want to export the contacts in my Android device to VCF file. Can anyone help me? Since all what I get when I search in google is how to export using the contacts menu not in code. Thanks!"
Almost all Android devices use vCard to backup and restore the mobile contacts and other information on your smartphone. vCard files have .vcf extension which are read with by any appropriate third-party apps such as vCard Manager Lite, Contacts VCF, etc. Here we will introduce a convenient way to export contacts from Android to .vcf or .csv.
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to .vcf – Simple 3 Steps
Tenorshare Android Data Recovery is a professional tool to export Android contacts in vCard (.vcf) format. What's more, even if the contact you want is lost or deleted, you can still get it back and use this program to transfer to VCF.
To copy existing and lost contacts from your Android device to .vcf format, you should first download and install it to your computer.
- Step 1: Connect your Android device to PC via a USB cable. Follow the instructions on the interface to enable USB debugging and turn on USB storage.
- Step 2: click "Start" on the main interface to start your contacts on the phone including those you deleted or lost. When the scanning process finishes, you will be able to preview them.
- Step 3: Then you can choose the desired ones and click "Recover", chose a save path and file format .vcf or .csv.
Within minutes, all the contacts you need will be transferred in a vcf or csv format. Note that the steps mentioned above apply to Windows operating system including Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista. If you are Mac users, Tenorshare Android Data Recovery for Mac is available.
- VCF: a text file format (most likely stored in a compressed manner). It contains meta-information lines, a header line, and then data lines each containing information about a position in the genome.
- CSV: a comma separated values file, which allows data to be saved in a table structured format. CSV files can be used with any spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel, Open Office Calc, or Google Spreadsheets.