“Is there any way to wipe an iPhone 6 or perform a hard reset? All of our data has been backed up to the cloud, but we can't get there because iTunes wants the passcode to continue to run the reset.”
Sometimes we have to reset an iPhone in order to fix a problem. Or we need to wipe clean an iPhone before selling or giving it away. In this article I will show you 3 ways to reset an iPhone 6/6s withtout iTunes or passcode.
Before we get straight to the point, let's see some of the most prominent reasons why you would need a hard reset or factory reset on an iPhone, iPad or iPod.
1. When your iPhone is running into a glitch, like random crash, screen freeze, stuck on apple logo/recovery mode/reboot loop/, system errors, etc.
2. When your iPhone is disabled.
3. When all or some of the functions do not work properly on your iPhone.
4. You believe that your iPhone has been attacked by virus or it is being monitored by someone else.
5. You want to wipe all personal data before you sell your iPhone or give it away.
6. You need a reset to have a fresh new iPhone.
This method is best recommended when you consider selling your iPhone 6 or giving away your device. Your iPhone stores all your personal data and information which you never want to leak. Tenorshare iCareFone Cleaner – Full Data Eraser is designed to wipe clean an iPhone completely without iTunes.
Main Features of Tenorshare iCareFone Cleaner
1. All data and settings on your iPhone are permanently deleted.
2. Nobody can ever recover your data by any means once erased.
3. Support all iOS devices: iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus, iPhone 5s/5c/5/4S, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad, iPod touch.
4. Fully compatible with iOS 11, iOS 10.3.3 or below.
Step 1. Install Tenorshare iCareFone Cleaner on your computer, launch it and choose Full Data Eraser.
Step 2. For the reason that erased data can’t be recovered, you are requested to type “delete” to confirm a full erase of your iPhone. The program will start resetting your iPhone upon confirmation.
Step 3. After a few minutes, your iPhone is factory reset successfully.
You can reset iPhone without iTunes and computer by using this method. Here are the steps.
1. Tap on Settings app on your device, and tap on General, and then Reset.
2. There are several options of resetting an iPhone 6 or other iOS devices.
Reset All Settings: This option will simply reset all settings on your iPhone to their default settings. You won’t lose files, documents, data or apps.
Erase All Contents And Settings: This is a factory reset option. It will completely wipe all data and settings in your device.
Reset Network Settings: This will only reset all network settings on your device. It will wipe out your saved Wi-Fi passwords.
When an iPhone is disabled, you have to factory reset it in order to unlock your iPhone. Tenorshare ReiBoot is the best software to reset disabled iPhone to factory settings without iTunes or passcode.
Run Tenorshare ReiBoot on your Windows/Mac, and choose Factory Reset iPhone in Menu options.
Click Fix Now button to start downloading firmware.
Click Download to download the firmware online or click Select to import downloaded firmware file.
Tenorshare ReiBoot will start restoring your iPhone to factory settings with the firmware. After system restore, your iPhone is restored to factory settings. You can set it up as new or restore from previous backup.
1. Factory reset is considered as a last resort when there is serious iOS issue.
2. As you may know, factory reset will clear all your iPhone data. If you don’t want to lose your iPhone data, you’d better back up your device before resetting your iPhone. You can use iTunes or iCloud to back up, or use Tenorshare iCareFone – a third party tool that provides more flexibly backup choice.
3. After resetting an iPhone, you can set it up as new or restore from last backup.
4. If you lost files due to wrong deletion, jailbreak, iOS update/downgrade, or iPhone is stolen or lost, see 3 methods to recover iPhone lost data.
We share three different methods here about how to reset iPhone 6, 6s or other iOS devices without iTunes. It is a complete guide when you want to reset or restore your device. Let us know if you’d like to know anything else. We’d love to hear from you.