How to Reset iPhone 6 without iTunes or Passcode
Is there any way to reset an iPhone 6 or perform a hard reset? All of our data has been backed up to the cloud. We can't run the reset with iTunes now."
Sometimes we have to reset an iPhone to fix a problem. Or we need to wipe an iPhone before selling or giving it away. In this article I will show you 3 ways about how to reset iPhone 6/6s withtout iTunes or passcode.
- When You Need to Reset/Factory Reset iPhone 6?
- Method 1. Reset iPhone 6 Directly from Settings
- Method 2. Reset iPhone 6 without Passcode or iTunes
- Method 3. Reset iPhone 6 without iTunes via iCloud
When You Need to Reset/Factory Reset iPhone 6?
Before how to reset iPhone 6, let's see some of the most prominent reasons why you need a reset or hard reset/factory reset on an iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- When your iPhone is running into a glitch, like random crash, screen freeze, stuck on apple logo/recovery mode/reboot loop, system errors, etc.
- When your iPhone is disabled.
- When all or some of the functions do not work properly on your iPhone.
- You want to wipe all personal data before you sell your iPhone or give it away.
- You need a reset to have a fresh new iPhone.
As you may know, reset iPhone may clear all your iPhone data. If you don't want to lose your data, you'd better back up your device before resetting. You can use iTunes or iCloud to back up, or use Tenorshare iCareFone – a third party tool that provides more flexibly backup choice.
Method 1. Reset iPhone 6 Directly from Settings
How to reset iPhone 6? You can reset iPhone without iTunes and computer directly in Settings. That is the first method you can try as long as you can use your iPhone 6 as usual.
There are several options of resetting an iPhone 6 or other iOS devices. For example:
- Reset All Settings: This option simply resets all settings on your iPhone to their default settings. You won't lose files, documents, data or apps.
- Reset Network Settings: This only resets all network settings on your device. It will wipe out your saved Wi-Fi passwords.
- Erase All Contents And Settings: This is a factory reset option. It will completely wipe all data and settings in your device.
1. For iPhone 6/6s with iOS 14 and below: Open Settings app on your device, and tap on General, and then Reset.
2. For iPhone 6/6s/Plus that have been updated to iOS 15 or later: Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
Method 2. Reset iPhone 6 without Passcode or iTunes (when locked)
Forgot iPhone 6 passcode? When an iPhone is disabled, you have to factory reset it to unlock your iPhone. Tenorshare 4uKey is the best software to reset disabled iPhone to factory settings without iTunes or passcode.
Now let's see how to reset iPhone 6 with 4uKey.
Run Tenorshare 4uKey on your Windows/Mac, and click Start on the main interface. Connect your iPhone 6 to it, and click Next to proceed.
Download the latest firmware package. (Your iPhone 6 will be updated to the latest iOS version after the process.)
4uKey will start restoring your iPhone 6 to factory settings with the firmware. After that, you can set it up as new or restore from previous backup.
Note: When an iPhone 6 is stuck during or after update/jailbreak, such as stuck at recovery mode, DFU mode, black screen, constant restart, or Apple logo, you can fix all these issues without wiping data by Tenorshare ReiBoot. Follow the onscreen guide to repair your iPhone or iPad without iTunes and data loss.
Method 3. Reset iPhone 6 without iTunes via iCloud
This method is recommended when you consider selling your iPhone 6 or your device gets lost. Your iPhone stores all your personal data and information which you never want to leak. And iCloud Erase iPhone option is designed to clean an iPhone completely without iTunes. Apple ID and Find My iPhone should be enabled on your iPhone.
Sign into icloud.com on your computer or another device, and choose Find iPhone.
Select iPhone 6 in All Devices list, then click on Erase iPhone. The program will start resetting your iPhone.
- After a few minutes, your iPhone is reset successfully.
The Bottom Line
We share three different methods here about how to reset iPhone 6, 6s or other iOS devices without iTunes. It is a complete guide when you want to reset or restore your device. Let us know if you'd like to know anything else. We'd love to hear from you. If you are locked out of iPhone due to wrong passwords, see Tenorshare 4uKey.