Top 3 Ways to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID (iPhone 14)
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2023-01-09 / Update for iPhone Fix
In many cases, you may need to factory reset your iPhone due to forgetting Apple ID password or resolving iOS issues, or you bought a second-hand iPhone but don't know the password. Can you reset an iPhone without Apple ID? This article will show you how to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID password, working for iPhone 14/13/12/11/X/8/7/6 and all iPads.
- Before Read: 2 Situations to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID
- Part 1: How to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID Password (Easiest)
- Part 2: How to Reset iPhone without Apple ID with iTunes (Complicated)
- Part 3: How to Erase iPhone without Apple ID in Settings (Limited)
- Part 4: How to Choose the 3 Ways to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID
Before Read: 2 Situations to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID
There are 2 situations about how to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID and we discuss both of them here. One is that you are asked for Apple ID password to erase iPhone in Settings shown at the beginning. The other is that no Apple ID is on your iPhone and you are now locked out so you have to factory reset iPhone to get into it again.
See how the 3 ways work respectively in detail and choose the suitable one which can solve your problem and reset your iPhone without Apple ID password easily.
Part 1: How to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID Password
When it comes to how to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID, the professional iOS passcode bypass tool - Tenorshare 4uKey is the best choice for you. It works well with the latest iPhone 14 and iOS 16. And this tool is helpful in both situations we mentioned earlier. Let's check out one by one.
In the first situation, Apple ID password is needed to erase your iPhone. What if you forget the Apple ID password? In this case, you can use 4uKey to remove Apple ID without password, which factory resets your iPhone too.
First of all, download the software from official website, then launch the program and select Remove Apple ID to start the process.
Connect your device to the software and click Trust on your iPhone, then tap on Start Remove button.
If Find My iPhone is disabled, 4uKey will start to remove Apple ID and finish the whole process in a few minutes.
If Find My iPhone is on, you need to set up the screen lock passcode and enable the Two-Factor Authentication.
Then download the latest firmware package. After this, the passcode removal and factory reset process will start.
Finally, your iPhone will restart. Use the screen lock passcode to activate your device and complete setup.
The second case. If no Apple ID is signed in on your locked iPhone, how to factory reset locked iPhone without Apple ID or iTunes? You can check and try the other function of Tenorshare 4uKey to remove the forgotten screen passcode:
Note that 4uKey cannot factory reset locked iPhone which has Apple ID on it as it still ask for Apple ID while settings up.
Part 2: How to Reset iPhone without Apple ID with iTunes
iTunes is helpful to reset your iPhone to factory settings without Apple ID. One requirement is that you haven't enabled "Find My iPhone" option. If you cannot turn off Find My iPhone, you still have to enter Apple ID and password to open your iPhone again after factory reset.
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect iPhone to iTunes.
- After iTunes detects your iPhone, click on the iPhone icon and go to Summary.
Here you can click on Retore iPhone to restore iPhone to factory settings without Apple ID.
But sometimes things are not such easy. iTunes may not detect your iPhone, so you need to turn off your device and put it into recovery mode.
- For iPhone 8/8 Plus and later version: Press and release the Volume Up button and then the Volume Down button. Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen shows up.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons simutaneously until the iTunes logo shows up.
For iPhone 6s and earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Sleep/Wake buttons at the same time until you see the recovery-mode screen.
Feel a bit complicated? You can try of Tenorshare ReiBoot to help you enter iOS device into Recovery mode with just one click. What's more? This function is completely free.
Next, iTunes will detect your iPhone in recovery mode and you can click Restore button to factory reset iPhone.
Part 3: How to Erase iPhone without Apple ID in Settings
You may wonder it is not possible to erase iPhone without Apple ID password in Settings at the beginning, how can it work now? Well, there is a situation where you can erase all contents and settings without entering Apple ID password, which is that Find My iPhone has been turned off. You only need to enter the screen passcode.
- Open your device, go to Settings > General.
- Then tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase All Content and Settings.
Tap on Continue, and enter the screen passcode. Screen time passcode is also needed if you have set one.
Select to take an iCloud backup or not. Then tap on Erase iPhone and your iPhone will be reset and restart as a new device.
Part 4: How to Choose the 3 Ways to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID
As it is a little complicated to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID password, you may want to know which one of the 3 methods we mentioned above is the best, here we will compare them:
- In case you are asked for Apple ID password which you forgot to turn off Find My to erase iPhone in Settings, or you are locked out of your iPhone without Apple ID signed in, Tenorshare 4uKey is the best choice.
It can remove Apple ID without password and factory reset iPhone without passcode in a few minutes. No complicated steps.
- iTunes is an useful tool, but sometimes it cannot work well. And you have to turn off Find My iPhone before factory reset. Otherwise, you will face with the iCloud activation lock, which is hard to bypass.
- As for Erase All Content and Settings, it also works only when Find My iPhone is off and you need to know the screen passcode and screen time passcode.
Now you have a clear idea about how to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID password. The way of using iTunes would be a challenge for those who are not familiar with it and who haved enabled Find My iPhone. You can use Tenorshare 4uKey instead to reset iPhone or iPad without Apple ID and passcode.