Top 3 Ways to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID(iPhone 13 Supported)
Hey guys. My girlfriend forgot her Apple ID passcode and a popup keeps appearing making her put it in. The phone can't be used without it popping up. How can she erase iPhone without Apple ID?"
In many cases, you may need to factory reset your iPhone such as forgetting Apple ID password or you bought a second-hand iPhone but don't know what the Apple ID and password are. Don't worry! This article will show you how to factory reset iPhone 13/12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7/SE/6s/6/5 without Apple ID in details.
- Part 1: How to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID (Easiest)
- Part 2: How to Erase iPhone without Apple ID with iTunes (Complicated)
- Part 3: How to Reset iPhone without Apple ID in Settings (Limited)
- Part 4: How to Tell about the 3 Ways to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID
Part 1: How to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID/iTunes and Passcode(iPhone 13 Supported)
Factory reset feature is an useful function when users need to resolve minor iOS issues, or they need to erase personal data before selling or giving away. When it comes to how to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID, the professional iOS passcode bypass tool - Tenorshare 4uKey is the best choice for you.
Being compatible with both the Mac and Windows Computer, 4uKey can remove stubborn passcodes, patterns, PINS and Apple ID, right from your device. Besides this, it can work well with the latest iPhone 11/XS/XS Max/XR in iOS 15. Now, let's understand the detailed steps to use this tool.
First of all, download the software from official website, then launch the program and select Unlock Apple ID to start the process.
Connect your device to the software and click Trust on your iPhone, then tap on Start button.
If Find My iPhone is disabled, 4uKey will start to remove Apple ID and finish the whole process in a few minutes.
Note: if your Find My iPhone is on, please go to Settings > General > Reset All Settings to reset all settings first.
If this function not working for you, you can check and try the other function of Tenorshare 4uKey from the video below:
Part 2: How to Erase iPhone without Apple ID with iTunes
If you have never synced with iTunes or you haven't enabled "Find My iPhone" option, then you can use iTunes to reset your iPhone to factory settings without Apple ID.
To do this, you firstly need to put your iPhone into recovery mode.
- For iPhone 8/8 Plus or advanced version: Turn off your device and connect your iPhone to computer. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see iTunes logo shows up.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons simutaneously until the iTunes logo shows up.
For iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Sleep/Wake (Top or Side) buttons at the same time until you see the recovery-mode screen.
Feel a bit complicated? Wondering how to put any iOS device into recovery mode by one click? You can have a try of Tenorshare ReiBoot, this software can help you enter iOS device into Recovery mode with just one click. What's more? This function is completely free.
Next, Open iTunes and connect iPhone to iTunes, it will detect your iPhone in recovery mode. You can then click Restore button to restore iPhone to factory settings without Apple ID.
Part 3: How to Reset iPhone without Apple ID in Settings
There is still an easy way to reset iPhone without needing Apple ID and password, but you need to know the screen passcode of your iPhone. Besides, the Find My iPhone option need to be turned off.
- Open your device, go to Settings.
- Find General, click it.
- Then, go to Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
You will need to enter the screen passcode.
Part 4: How to Tell about the 3 Ways to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID
You may want to know which one of the 3 methods we mentioned above is the best, here we will tell about them, check below:
- Tenorshare 4uKey is regarded to be the best one, it can reset your iPhone without Apple ID in a few minutes and no complicated steps.
- iTunes is an useful tool, but some times it cannot work well and always requires lots of steps.
- As for Erase All Content and Settings, like we have described before, it only works when Find My iPhone is off and needs to know the screen passcode.
Now you have a clear idea about how to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID with 3 different methods. The way of using iTunes would be a big challenge for those who are not familiar to iTunes. If you have some other iOS problems (like Apple logo stuck, iPhone white screen/black screen) to solve, Tenorshare ReiBoot is recommended to fix iOS problems without data loss.
- Disable Find My iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without password;
- 100% working to sign out of iCloud without password quickly.;
- Most efficiently remove Apple ID from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without knowing the previous owner;
- Support iOS devices from iPhone 6S to iPhone X (iOS 12.0-iOS 14.4)