Top 2 Ways to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID
Hey guys. My girlfriend forgot her Apple ID passcode and a popup keeps appearing making her put it in. The phone can't be used without it popping up. How can she reset iPhone without Apple ID when Find My iPhone enabled?"
In many cases, you may need to reset your iPhone without Apple ID such as forgetting Apple ID password or you bought a send hand iPhone but don't know what the Apple ID and password are. Don't worry! This article will show you how to factory reset iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/SE/6s/6/5s/5/4s without Apple ID in details.
- Part 1: How to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID/iTunes and Passcode
- Part 2: Reset iPhone to Factory Settings without Apple ID Using iTunes
Part 1: How to Factory Reset iPhone without Apple ID/iTunes and Passcode
Factory reset feature is an useful function when users to resolve minor iOS issues, or they can use to erase aome personal data before selling or giving away. When it comes to how to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID or iTunes, the professional iOS passcode bypass tool - Tenorshare 4uKey is the best choice for you. Being compatible with both the Mac and Windows Computer, 4uKey can remove stubborn passcodes, patterns and PINS, right from your device. Besides this, it can work in iOS 12 phone and tune well with the latest iPhone XS/XS Max/ XR. Now, let's understand how to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID.
Download the software and launch it.
- Now you'll be asked to download the latest firmware package. Choose a save path and click "Download" to proceed.
- Then click "Start" to removing the iPhone passcode in order to factory reset iPhone.
Part 2: Reset iPhone to Factory Settings without Apple ID by using iTunes
If you have never synced with iTunes or you haven't enabled "Find My iPhone" option, then you can use iTunes to reset your iPhone to factory settings without Apple ID.
- To do this, you firstly need to put your iPhone into recovery mode.
- For iPhone X/XR/XS or iPhone 8/8 Plus: Turn off your device and connect your iPhone to computer. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see iTunes logo shows up.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons simutaneously untile the iTunes logo shows up.
- For iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Sleep/Wake (Top or Side) buttons at the same time until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- Open iTunes and connect iPhone to iTunes, it will detect your iPhone in recovery mode. You can then click Restore button to restore iPhone to factory settings without Apple ID.
Now you have a clear idea about how to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID with two different methods. The way of using iTunes would be a big challenge for those who are not familiar to iTunes. If you have some other iOS problems (like Apple logo stuck, iPhone white screen/black screen) to solve, Tenorshare ReiBoot is recommended to fix iOS problems without data loss.