How to Remove Passcode from iPad with or without Passcode
Almost every iPad we use has a passcode to safeguard the device and its data. However, you might find yourself in a situation where you forgot the passcode and want to remove passcode from iPad. You might also need to remove the passcode because it is cumbersome to enter the passcode every time.
Whatever the reasons are, you can remove the passcode from iPad with or without passcode and we will cover both of them in this article.
- Part 1: Can You Use an iPad without a Passcode
- Part 2: How to Set and Remove Passcode from iPad
- Part 3: How to Remove Passcode from iPad without Passcode
Part 1: Can You Use an iPad without a Passcode
Yes, you don't have to set a passcode on your iPad. And after you set one, you can also turn off passcode from Settings easily. So you and anyone else open your iPad by simply swiping up or pressing the Home button. The same goes for a Face ID or Touch ID. It is quite easy to set a screen lock and remove it from iPad.
But it is not okay to set Face ID or Touch ID only without passcode. To set a Face ID or Touch ID, you have to set a passcode before that.
Part 2: How to Set and Remove Passcode from iPad
First coming to the basics. If you have not set a passcode on your iPad, be it a 4-digit/6-digit code, Touch ID, or FaceID, set it up in Settings without any problem. And your iPad will guide you to set a passcode while setting up too. Here we introduce how to set and remove passcode from iPad in Settings.
- Open Settings. Scroll down and tap on Touch/Face ID and Passcode.
Tap on Turn Passcode on. A small keypad will pop up where you can type in the passcode.
- After that, type on Set Up Face ID or Set Up Touch ID to set a Face/Touch ID for yourself.
- To turn off Face ID for specific features like iPad Unlock, toggle off the options. To turn it off completely, tap on Reset Face ID.
To take passsword off iPad, tap on Turn Passcode Off. Enter the passcode when asked.
Part 3: How to Remove Passcode from iPad without Passcode
In any case, iPad passcode is forgotten, you repeatedly input it incorrectly to the point where the security lockout kicks in and stops you from trying to enter the passcode. So, let's uncover how to remove passcode from iPad without passcode.
1. Remove Password from iPad Lock Screen (Limited)
If you have a locked iPad that has been updated to iPadOS 15.2 at your hand and you do not remember its passcode, then don’t fret. In this method, with Apple ID on your iPad, you erase the device and consequently the passcode too.
- Pickup your iPad and enter the wrong passcodes several times until you can see an option of Erase iPad. Tap on that.
- You will be asked again if you want to remove all the data and settings completely. Tap on Erase iPad to confirm.
Enter the Apple ID password carefully. The process of erasing starts and just like that everything including the password will be removed.
2. Remove Passcode from iPad with 4uKey (Simplest)
What kind of passcodes can 4uKey remove?
Well, 4uKey can remove any kind of passcode from your iPad, including 4 digit passcode, a 6 digit one, alphanumeric, Touch and Face ID. Besides, it supports for removing Apple ID from iPad without password and for removing screen time passcode if forgot. Bypassing MDM from iPad is also available.
How to remove lock screen passcode from iPad with 4uKey?
Install and run 4uKey on your computer. Connect your locked iPad to it. And click 'Start' to begin.
Next, click the 'Download' button to download the latest compatible firmware package.
After that, click on 'Start Remove' and wait for the process to complete in a few minutes. Your iPad passcode will be removed.
3. Remove Password from iPad via iTunes
You can use iTunes on Windows PC or Finder on Mac to remove passcode from iPad after putting it into recovery mode. iTunes restores your iPad to factory settings and remove the passcode too. You need to turn off Find My iPad in the process.
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPad to it via a USB.
- Put your iPad into recover mode and you will see a pop up.
Click on Restore to remove data and passcode from your iPad.
4. Remove Passcode from iPad by iCloud
iCloud is available to remove passcode from iPad as well. In this way you need to enable Find My iPad. What you actually do is to erase the device using the iCloud Find My feature. No USB cable used here.
- Go to https://www.icloud.com and log in using your Apple ID credentials.
- Now click on Find iPhone. It will then search for all the devices associated with this iCloud account.
Now select your iPad whose passcode you want to remove and click on Erase iPad.
A passcode is neccessary on your iPad. But you can easily remove pascode from iPad whenever you do not need it. Since forgetting passcodes is a very common thing, we mentioned 4 ways as for how to remove passcode from iPad without passcode. You can erase iPad from lockout screen, using Tenorshare 4uKey, using iTunes or even via iCloud.