[Fixed!] How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone If the Old iPhone is Broken?
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2022-01-29 / Update for iPhone Transfer
Hey, how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone if the old phone is broken? I have broken my old iPhone and want to transfer all the data to a new one. Is there any way to do that? Please tell me the effective ways that work 100%, Thanks!”
If you have accidentally broken your iPhone and want to transfer your data to a new iPhone, this blog is just for you. Here you will learn different ways to transfer data from an old iPhone to a new one. Let's see how these methods work and what results you can get from them.
- Part 1: Is It Possible to Transfer Data to a New iPhone from a Broken iPhone
- Part 2: Try to Repair Your Broken iPhone Firstly
- Part 3: If You Have Backed Up, How to Transfer Data from Old Broken iPhone to New iPhone?
- Part 4: No Backup? We Suggest You Get Data Back Before It's Too Late
Part 1: Is It Possible to Transfer Data to a New iPhone from a Broken iPhone?
Yes, it is possible, but for that, you first have to cross-check the condition of your iPhone. In case your device is connected easily with the computer, and you are able to create a backup, then you can easily transfer the data to a new iPhone. On the other hand, if you are facing a hardware issue, then you might have to repair it first to see if the device is working or not. Below we have mentioned all the possible ways that you can use to transfer data to a new iPhone from a broken one. Keep reading to find out interesting information.
Part 2: Try to Repair Your Broken iPhone Firstly
Before sending your mobile to the shop, try to repair your iPhone. You can do it easily by following the steps we have mentioned below. These methods are really simple and don’t require any technical skills. In case this doesn't work for you, there are chances of hardware damage. Without wasting any time, let's discuss the important steps that can help repair your iPhone.
Step 1. Charge Your iPhone for a While to See If It's Working Normally
The first solution that you can try is charging your iPhone. Sometimes due to low battery, your device doesn't work properly. So make sure to charge it first before you try anything else. Once it is charged, turn on the device and see if it’s working normally.
Step 2. Connect Your iPhone to Computer to Check If It's Connected Successfully
The second step that you can try is connecting your iPhone to a computer. And for that, first, you need a USB cable. Now, unlock your iPhone and wait for a while. If you see a “Trust this Computer Alert” message, then it means your iPhone is connected successfully, and you can easily create the backup file and move the data to your new iPhone.
If it is not connected, there are chances that you are facing hardware damage issues. And for that, you can try three different methods that we have mentioned below.
Step 3. Still Not Working? It's Probably Hardware Damaged
If your broken iPhone is not connected to the computer, it means it's probably due to hardware damage, and for that, you have to send it for repair. Or, you can also contact Apple Support for the solutions.
Part 3: If You Have Backed Up, How to Transfer Data from Old Broken iPhone to New iPhone?
Creating a backup is one of the wisest things that you can do. If you have created a backup file, you can easily transfer data from an old broken iPhone to a new iPhone. But for that, you have to try different ways, such as transferring data from iTunes, iCloud and iCareFone. Let’s discuss all these ways.
Way 1. Transfer Data from Old Broken iPhone to New iPhone Using iTunes Backup
Let's suppose that you had created a backup before it was broken. You can use that file and transfer it to your new iPhone. But for that, you have to follow some steps. We are going to explain how users can use iTunes to transfer the data.
- Make sure that you have a backup file created before trying this method. After creating the backup, you have to launch iTunes and connect your new iPhone to the computer. Unlock your device if you see the Trust your Computer alert message.
- Now, tap on your iPhone and click the “Restore Backup” option that you can find easily under the “Summary” section.
- You will be asked to select the recently created backup file and select the “Restore” option. Wait for a while until the process is completed.
Way 2. Transfer Data from Old Broken iPhone to a New iPhone via iCloud Backup
This one is simple, but you have to erase all your content if you have already set up a device. Furthermore, to restore data on your new iPhone, you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open your device and open iCloud. Don’t forget to sign in using your Apple ID.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and look for the App & Data option.
- From there, you can select the "Restore from Mac & PC" option.
- Now, choose a backup that you have created. Sometimes you will be asked to update the device, so don’t forget to do that. You can easily find the instructions on the screen to backup the file.
- In the last step, you have to wait for a bit until the restoring process is completed. Don’t forget to disconnect the iPhone because it will stop the process.
- Once it is done, you will see the message on the screen.
If these methods don't work for you, don't panic; you can try another method that is simple and easy to use. Continue reading to find out the details.
Way 3. Transfer Data from Old Broken iPhone to New iPhone Through iCareFone
If you have used Tenorshare iCareFone software previously to backup your file, you can easily use the same tool to restore your data. Yes, it is right. This application allows restoring the files without messing with your new iPhone. The great news is that all the files will be readable and accessible on your computer. Follow the steps below to restore from backup using iCarefone.
Connect your device with iCarefone software and choose the “Backup & Restore” option. You can also use all the backup files on the screen that are created by iTunes or the application itself.
Select the file that you want to restore and hit the “Restore to Device” option.
Wait for a while until the restoration process is completed. However, keep in mind that you can only restore videos, music, bookmarks, etc.
Part 4: No Backup? We Suggest You Get Data Back Before It's Too Late
Sometimes people forget to create a backup, which can trouble you when your device is broken, or you lose your important information. But don't worry, you can use Ultdata, which is an iPhone recovery application. Using it, you can easily backup and preview the data. It also helps to restore files without data loss.
We have listed various methods that you can use to transfer data from an old iPhone to a new one. You can easily try any of these solutions and make your restoring process easier. What’s more, you can download Tenorshare iCareFone if you find it difficult to restore data using other applications.