Get to Know How Long does Move to iOS Take or Why It Takes So Long
Upgrading from Android to iOS is one of the nicest feelings ever. However, transferring all of your data to the new device could be a tedious task, especially if you don’t know how to handle it.
Move to iOS is Apple’s proprietary solution to transfer your data from Android to a new iPhone. However, the transfer process often takes longer than the user anticipates, which drives anxiety. In this article, we talk about how long does Move to iOS take, what happens if you interrupt it while the process is ongoing, and how you can deal with Move to iOS being stuck during the process.
- Part 1: How Long does Move to iOS Take
- Part 2: Why does Move to iOS Take Forever or Take So Long
- Part 3: What Happens If I Interrupt Move to iOS
- Bonus Tip: Move to iOS Stuck or Not Working? Use Tenorshare ReiBoot to Fix
Part 1: How Long does Move to iOS Take
“How long does it take to transfer from Android to iPhone?” — this is a popular question which almost everyone asks while using the Move to iOS app. Unfortunately, there’s no clearcut answer to that, because the time it takes heavily depends on numerous factors. There are no set metrics to calculate the exact time Move to iOS would take.
It may take anywhere from a few seconds to several hours depending on the amount of data you’re transferring. If you’re only transferring small files like contacts, it won’t take long. However, if you’re transferring heavy stuff like movies, videos, and live photos, it may take longer. Depending on how many gigabytes of data you’re transferring, the time for the process to complete may vary.
Furthermore, your internet connection stability also plays a part. A faster and more stable internet connection will complete the process faster.
By the way, if you’re wondering how long does it take for an iPhone to transfer data to a new iPhone, it’s faster. iPhone-to-iPhone data transfer is a comparatively faster process and doesn’t even require you to install an app.
Part 2: Why does Move to iOS Take Forever or Take So Long
If your Move to iOS is taking forever and you’re in a dilemma thinking how long does it take to transfer Android to iPhone, this section has got you covered.
As mentioned earlier, the speed of Move to iOS highly depends on the size of data you’re transferring, as well as the speed and stability of your WiFi connection. Here are a few reasons why your Move to iOS data transfer may be taking a long time.
- You have a lot of data. First and foremost, if you have a lot of data that you’re transferring between the two devices, the process will take longer. The larger the size of data, the more time it will take to transfer.
- Your WiFi connection is slow or unstable. If your WiFi is slow or choppy, the transfer may slow down. Be noted that you should always attempt the transfer on a fast and reliable WiFi connection to ensure there are no unexpected delays.
- The app stopped working in the background. If you have minimized the Move to iOS app on your Android device, there’s a good chance that it may slow down or even stop, especially if your phone’s battery is low and it’s on power saver mode.
How to Speed Up the Transfer?
Now that we have answered the question, “How long does iPhone data transfer take?” — let’s talk about how you can speed up the process.
- First and foremost, you must wait for the process to complete if you have a lot of data. Try waiting for at least 30 minutes before you attempt something.
- Change your WiFi connection and try a different one. Make sure to connect to a connection that’s fast and stable.
Part 3: What Happens If I Interrupt Move to iOS
If you’re on the verge of interrupting the transfer process while wondering how long does Move to iOS take, hold on! As mentioned earlier, you should wait at least 30 minutes before you attempt something. However, if you have waited long enough, then yes, it’s a good idea to interrupt the process and start over.
Don’t worry, you won’t lose any of your data if you interrupt or cancel the process.
Bonus Tip: Move to iOS Stuck or Not Working? Use Tenorshare ReiBoot to Fix
If you’ve tried the common methods mentioned above but your Move to iOS is still not working as expected, there might be something wrong with your phone’s operating system. You see, system glitches can cause bugs during the transfer process.
Luckily, Tenorshare ReiBoot has got you covered. With this handy, easy-to-use tool, you can fix your phone’s operating system in no time. Plus, you don’t need to be a tech nerd to use ReiBoot — it’s as easy to use as they get. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
Download and install ReiBoot. Open Tenorshare ReiBoot and connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable, then hit “Start” as shown in the image above. Hit “Start” to initialize the repair process and then click “Standard Repair”.
Initialize the package download by clicking “Download”. When the download is complete, click “Start Standard Repair”.
Wait for the process to complete and you’re all set!
After the repair, you can check if your Move to iOS app works properly. If yes, then you won’t have to wonder how long does Move to iOS take. If not, then you may need to use Deep Repair feature.
Many users keep wondering how long does Move to iOS take while they’re transferring data from their old Android device to a new iPhone. The answer to that question could be tricky — but this article talks about everything you need to know on the subject.
If your iPhone is not working properly due to any kind of system bug, be sure to check out Tenorshare ReiBoot.