How to Export iBooks Files from iPhone/iPad to Computer without iTunes
“I have downloaded some PDF files directly from online to my iBooks, and I want to transfer them to my PC. I have synced them with iTunes, but do not see those particular files. What do I need to do?”
Normally iTunes is the first choice to sync up iBooks files with computer, but a critical defect coming along is ebooks acquired from iBooks Store are usually encrypted with Apple’s DRM protection, thus you can’t read on non-iOS devices such as your Windows computer, and iTunes won’t automatically backup non-purchased books we downloaded online. Luckily, we find 2 available ways to transfer iBooks from iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR/X/8/7/SE/6/6S/5/5S or iPad to computer without using iTunes.
Method 1: Export Books From iBooks to Computer by Email
This way requires you to attach file from iBooks to email. You should have an email address available on computer so that you can transfer iBooks to PC without iTunes.
- 1. Open iBooks app on your iPhone or iPad, where you will see all your downloaded books displayed on the bookshelf.
- 2. Open a book you want to read or stored on computer. You might need to tap once anywhere on the screen for the menu to appear. On the top right corner of menu bar you will see a share icon.
- 3. Choose Email option on the pop-up window and you will be navigated to email with a file attached.
- 4. Enter the email address you will have access to on your computer, then send. Log into your mailbox on PC/Mac to download iBooks.
Limitations of using email to migrate iBooks:
- Only works for one books delivering at a time
- Not every book in iBooks can be exported
By this way you can transfer iBooks to PC free, but as you may notice, it’s very cumbersome and time-consuming. Suppose you have more than 100 books waiting to be exported to computer, even the thought of sending ePub/PDF files to email and download them on computer for 100+ times is enough to make you tired or spontaneously combust.
What’s more, it’s not an exception to find some books opening with no share icon, which means, you can’t use email to move iBooks from iPhone/iPad to PC in this case.
Method 2：Unrestrictedly Transfer iBooks Files to PC/Mac with Tenorshare iCareFone
So is there another easier and faster way to sync iBooks without iTunes? I shall recommend you a third-party transferring tool – Tenorshare iCareFone - to help you get both ePub books and PDFs onto your computer with ease.
Advanced Features of Exporting Books with Tenorshare iCareFone:
- Bulk transfer is allowed at a time
- Supportive to both purchased and free books, PDF and ePub files in .pdf, .epub format.
- Read iBooks on PC without limitations after exporting
- Two-way file transferring between iOS devices and computers
- Fully support the new iOS 12 and iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR
Follow Specific Steps Below to Learn How to Copy iBooks from iPhone to PC/Mac:
- 1. Run Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer and connect your iOS 12/11/10 devices via USB cable.
- 2. Choose File Manager on the homepage and then go to iBooks.
- 3. Once entering iBooks, click Export after selecting the books you want to upload to computer.
- 4. Find a location to store transferred books from iPad/iPhone on your computer.
That’s all. Now you can read all your ebooks on your computer freely. Except for iBooks files, Tenorshare iCareFone will allow music, photos, videos, messages, contacts, notes, calendars, etc. to be exported between iPhone/iPad and PC/Mac.