2022 Tip: How to Transfer Cellular Plan to New iPhone?
Hello there. I bought an iPhone, and someone recommended that I transfer cellular plan to a new iPhone from a Physical SIM to eSIM. I don’t know anything about what an eSIM is and how it is different from a physical SIM. If any of you would tell the difference eSIM and a Physical SIM has. Please enlighten me about the complete transfer procedure of a cellular plan to a new iPhone. It would help. Thanks.”
Hey too. There isn’t much difference, but let us draft a blog below to explain the eSIM and Physical SIM differences. We’d also elaborate on how to transfer your cellular plan and WhatsApp messages to your new iPhone so read the blog thoroughly.
- Part 1: What is eSIM and Physical SIM
- Part 2: [During Setup] How to Transfer Cellular Plan to New iPhone
- Part 3: [After Setup] How to Transfer Cellular Plan to New iPhone
- Part 4：Why is My Service not Transferring to New iPhone?
- Bonus Tip: How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from to New iPhone
Part 1: What is eSIM and Physical SIM
Before initiating the transfer cellular plan to new iPhone, at&t let’s know about the difference between these SIMs.
The main difference between eSIM and physical SIM is that a SIM card can be fixed into the phone, and you need to insert it. In contrast, an eSIM is etched onto the device’s motherboard. You can neither remove nor insert an eSIM card.
You can change carriers for physical SIM, but eSIM can't switch numbers or change carriers. Only the information on an eSIM is rewritable.
Setting up an eSIM is much easier than a physical one. You don’t have to wait for a new physical SIM to get delivered to your door as the eSIM is already inside your phone. The eSIMs would use the same technology and run the same GSM networks as your regular SIMs.
Part 2: [During Setup] How to Transfer Cellular Plan to New iPhone
If you are asked to transfer cellular plan to new iPhone Verizon, then you don’t have to worry. Just follow these simple steps:
- First of all, choose the number you wish to transfer to your new iPhone.
- Tap on “Continue” at the bottom.
- If you choose to decide later, the plan transfer can still happen even after setting up your device.
- Do a call on your new iPhone. Check its cellular connectivity prior to removing the cellular plan from your previous iPhone.
- Contact your carrier for any doubts.
- When your new cellular plan is activated on the new iPhone, the old plan will deactivate.
Part 3: [After Setup] How to Transfer Cellular Plan to New iPhone
If you want to perform a new iPhone transfer cell service on your current iPhone to an eSIM after setup, then follow these guidelines:
- On your new iPhone, open the Settings.
- Go to Cellular and jump to the “Add Cellular Plan” option.
- Tap “Convert to eSIM.”
- Now you have to press the “Ok” on the alert. The alert will ask you to approve the transfer on your previous iPhone.
- Go to your previous iPhone. Click on “Transfer.”
- Now, wait for your new iPhone's new cellular plan to go active.
- Your previous SIM card will automatically deactivate when the cellular plan on the new iPhone activates.
- If you see a banner appearing on your new iPhone stating “Finish Setting Up Your Carrier’s Cellular Plan,” click on it.
- Then tap on Continue. You will go directly to your carrier’s webpage. It will conclude the transfer to your eSIM.
- If you still need help, contact your carrier.
Part 4： Why is My Service not Transferring to New iPhone?
If you experience that your cellular plan did not transfer to new iPhone, follow this procedure:
- Go to “Settings”
- Tap on General.
- Tap on About.
- If an update is available, you will see it. Click on it to update the carrier.
- It will then update and transfer.
Sometimes the physical SIM card might become faulty due to weather or bump. You need to get your SIM checked for that.
Bonus Tip: How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from to New iPhone
1. How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone
It could become tricky if you want to get your WhatsApp texts transferred from Android to iPhone. There is no official app to transfer “WhatsApp texts” specifically to the iPhone, so you need a reliable third-party app like Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer for that.
iCareFone Transfer is a utility that allows the seamless one-click transfer of WhatsApp messages from an Android to an iPhone. Follow these instructions.
Launch iCareFone Transfer and connect your iPhone and Android to the PC. Click on “Transfer” to keep going.
Click “Yes” on the popup to proceed. Then it is time to back up WhatsApp data on your old Android and follow the on-screen instructions. Click on “Continue” after completing the backup.
iCareFone Transfer will start fetching data after backup. You will have to verify the WhatsApp account on iCareFone to continue. Enter country code/number.
Click “Continue” to receive the verification code and then enter it. Once verified, your iPhone will start receiving data to be restored. Ensure that you have already logged in to WhatsApp on iPhone with the same number. Press “Logged In” to confirm.
Turn off “Find my iPhone,” and WhatsApp will restore.
Converting from a physical SIM to eSIM into the new iPhone is an easy job. However, whenever you feel like transferring WhatsApp texts from Android to iPhone, it is best to use iCareFone Transfer.