A Free Way to Recover Deleted, Lost, Formatted Data from Hard Drive
Hard drive data loss is inevitable — whether it's your own fault or just an unfortunate hard drive failure. There will always come a time in your life when you need to recover files from hard drive, both internal hard drive (the hard drive used on your computer) and external hard drive.
To perform hard drive data recovery, you need firstly find a reliable data recovery tool. Reviews from users show that 4DDiG for Windows Data Recovery is the best free software for nontechnical people to recover data from hard drive. It will scan any drive that Windows sees, and has a lot of advanced options if you need them. The biggest advantages of Data Recovery Professional include the easy "Folders" view, a Windows Explorer-style view of recoverable photos and videos.
You can recover photos, videos, music, PDF, archives, Excel/Word/PPT documents and other files from your hard drive when:
- Your external hard drive stops working or is crashed/corrupted
- You accidently format your hard drive and wipe off all the files on it
- You mistakenly deleted valuable files from your computer and emptied the trash bin
How to Perform Hard Drive Recovery on Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7
Follow the guide to learn how to recover data from hard drive. To get started, download and install 4DDiG for Windows Data Recovery on your computer.
- 1: To retrieve data from external hard drive, insert your external hard drive to computer. If the lost data is on the hard drive of your computer you could just launch the program. Then select the partition where your lost files located and then click Scan to proceed.
- 2: After scanning, all the recoverable files including photos, music, videos, archives and Word/Excel documents are listed by category. Select the files you would like to recover. Before recovery, you are allowed to preview photos and audios to check if they are your need.
- 3: Click "Recover" and select a path on your computer to save the recovered files, and then click "OK" to complete hard drive data recovery.
Note: Do not save the recovered files to the partition where your lost files originally located. This prevents your data from geting overwriten.
Video tutorial: How to Recover Data from External Hard Drive in 3 Ways?
Hopefully, Tenorshare 4DDiG can recover your lost data from hard drive. If you lost files not because of deletion, formatting, instead, it's because your hard drive is dead, you can check the post How to Recover Data from a Dead Hard Drive.