Since Mac OS X 10.10.3 released, Apple Company showed Photos for OS X, but for iPhoto users, it would not be that happy. Like who get used to Aperture, Photos for OS X do lack of some functions. As well, for Windows users who cannot use iPhoto, is there any way to satisfy the need of those PC & Mac users? Here we prepared top 5 iPhoto alternatives; you must get one you like.
1. XnView, a freeware to view, organize and convert photos. With it, users can also create slide show, contact sheet and HTML pages.
This powerful cross-platform media browser, viewer and converter can be launched on Windows/Mac OS X/Linux. And it is compatible with more than 500 formats, it worth a try.
Works well for making photographs orient correctly;
Easy to use with numerous useful functions.
Will be prevented by various virus checkers;
No automatic going back to the first picture;
Tools are hard to figure out and programs may sometimes crash.
2. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom , it is kind of professional software for those photo lovers, but with this tool, users are allowed to quickly work with raw format images. You can manage all of your photos; showcase them in print, dynamic slideshow and interactive web galleries that are simple to create with Lightroom.
Great for RAW files;
Does a great job enhancing photos;
Much more easier to use than Photoshop and also does a good job.
Problems with processing some kinds of camera;
Too expensive and heavy on computer;
Image view time in develop mode is slower.
3. Picasa , a kind of photo editing software, which can transfer, find, organize, edit and share images, all with this easy-to-use product.
Works fast and can automatically sync;
Easy to use and the running speed is fast;
Product by Google, can work with Google Photos.
Google is no longer updating or supporting;
Does not play GIF files;
Import duplicates files and may go back years.
4. PhotoScape , an all-in-one style photo editor. Users can use it to view photos or make it as an editor. With lots of tools than your photos will be ever interesting.
Good for non-professional users, easy to operate;
Does all the basic, good for simple editing.
More functions can be added;
The interface can be more attractive.
5. FastStone Image Viewer , a fast, stable, user-friendly image browser, converter and editor. It has a nice array of features that include image viewing, management, comparison, red-eye removal, emailing, resizing, cropping and color adjustments.
Good for its free and quick and it works easy;
Convenient in usage;
Net design and friendly interface.
Need to do some different effect for editing;
Does not support color management metadata;
Program runs slow when picture is in folder.
Most of these software are free iPhoto alternatives. You can pick up one and have a try.
In order to better edit the photos you shot by your iOS devices, transfer to PC/Mac can also be an important job. Tenorshare iCareFone for Mac, which is recommended by thousands of users, can transfer 9 kinds of files from your iDevice. As a powerful manager, you can also get benefit from this software. To learn more details about how to transfer your files, you can read the guide of Tenorshare iCareFone for Mac.