[Can't Miss] How to Add Song to iPhone without iTunes
If you are looking to add song to iPhone, you have several ways to do the task. You can either use the standard Apple methods to load music on your iPhone or you can use some easy to use third-party software to get your iPhone loaded with your favorite music tracks. The latter helps you do the task in a much easier way and we explain all the available options here.
You can also use these methods to add song to playlist on iPhone by first transferring the songs to your iPhone and then adding them to a playlist. If you wish iTunes, you can do it automatically.
- Part 1. The Easiest Ways to Add Song to iPhone without iTunes
- Part 2. Add Songs to iPhone without iTunes Using Music Streaming Via Cloud Storage Services
- Part 3. Import Song to iPhone Using iTunes Sync Music
- Part 4. Transfer Song to iPhone Manually Via iTunes
Part 1. The Easiest Ways to Add Song to iPhone without iTunes
Want to get rid of the tedious process to transfer music with iTunes? There is a software called iCareFone that lets you add songs to your iPhone without iTunes using only 1 click. You can pick the songs you want to add and get them added pretty easily to your device.
It helps add songs to an iPhone from both iTunes as well as local storage of your computer.
1. How to add a song from iTunes to iPhone
If your music collection is located in iTunes on your computer, then it is pretty easy to add songs to your device. iCareFone let you load the iTunes music files from your computer to your iOS-based device. The following shows how to add song to iPhone using this software.
- Download and install the software on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and fire-up the software.
Click on Transfer iTunes Media to Device in the software.
Select the ones you want to add to your iPhone and click on Transfer at the bottom.
Wait while it transfers your chosen songs from iTunes to your iPhone.
Your chosen songs should now be available on your iPhone. In this way you can easily transfer music from iTunes to iPhone.
2. How to add song to playlist on iPhone from computer
If your music files are not located in iTunes but are saved in other folders on your computer, you can use the aforesaid software to add them to your iPhone. The following is how to add a song to iPhone from your computer.
- Plug-in your iPhone to your computer and launch the software.
- Click on Manage at the top to manage your files.
Click on Import and select the songs you want to add to your iPhone.
Your selected songs will be added to your device. In this way you can easily transfer music from computer to iPhone without restrictions.
Part 2. Add Songs to iPhone without iTunes Using Music Streaming Via Cloud Storage Services
If you prefer cloud based services, you can use tools like Google Drive or Dropbox to add songs to your iPhone. All you basically need to do is upload your songs to either of these services and then download them to your iPhone. We demonstrate how to use Google Drive to add music to your iPhone.
- Open a browser on your computer and head over to the Google Drive site. Sign in to your account if you are not already.
Click on New followed by File upload and upload your songs to the service.
- Install the Google Drive app from the App Store on your iPhone.
You should find the song you uploaded earlier in the app on your phone.
Most services work pretty much the same way and you can use any of them to get your task done.
Disadvantage of Using Music Streaming:
There are some cons of using this type of service, though:
- High-speed Internet is required to upload files.
- You need to download files to your iPhone.
- Cloud services have certain storage limits.
Part 3. Import Song to iPhone Using iTunes Sync Music
iTunes has a sync feature to let you sync your music library to your iPhone. If you want to bring all of your iTunes media tracks over to your iPhone, this is the best way to do it. The following is how to add a song from iTunes to iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch the iTunes app.
- Click on your iPhone and choose Music from the left sidebar.
Enable the Sync Music option, tick-mark Entire music library, and click on Sync at the bottom.
Your entire iTunes music library will be synced to your iPhone.
Disadvantage of Using iTunes Sync Music:
There are a couple of cons if you use this method.
- You will get the sync session will fail to start error especially when iCloud music is on.
- Syncing music with iTunes will erase existing music on the iPhone that is not synced from the same iTunes library.
Part 4. Transfer Song to iPhone Manually Via iTunes
If you are only looking to transfer a few chosen songs from iTunes to iPhone, then you can use the manual sync option. This is how to add song to iPhone from iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and open the iTunes app.
- Select your iPhone and click on Summary in the left sidebar.
Enable the option that says Manually manage music and videos.
Click on Music at the top-left corner and drag the songs you want to add to your iPhone and drop them onto your phone's icon.
The selected songs will be added to your device.
Disadvantage of Using iTunes Transfer Manually:
If you choose to go for this method, be aware of the following cons.
- Songs that are not in iTunes cannot be added to your iPhone
- It is a long and complicated process
We hope our guide above shows you how to add song to playlist on iPhone so you can get your favorite music added to your phone. There are various ways to do it but you are highly recommended to stick to iCareFone that have no disadvantages.You can also try extract music from iPhone.