How to Run Android Apps on Mac
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2022-03-14 / Update for Mirror Android
Hello. Please help me out. I have a Mac and Android phone, and is there any way to get an Android game or app run on my Mac? I’d be grateful if you show me some easy ways. Thanks in advance."
Although Android apps and Mac system have different extensions, file types, and other details, do you have the same questions? Well, if you want to learn how to run Android apps on Mac, scroll through this blog to find out the perfect solution.
- Part 1: Can I Run Android Apps on Mac
- Part 2: How to Run Android Apps on Mac with Emulators
- Part 3: How to Run Android Apps on Mac with Phone Mirror
Part 1: Can I Run Android Apps on Mac
Can you run Android apps on Mac? We know some apps like WeChat, LINE, and WhastApp have desktop versions, but what about other Android apps? They can not be directly installed on Mac. In this case, to run Android apps on Mac, you need tools that can act as a bridge between Android and Mac. Android emulators and screen mirroring apps can be your choices.
Part 2: How to Run Android Apps on Mac with Emulators
There are many Android emulators for Mac that you can find, like Bluestacks, LD Player we are familiar with. Running Android on Mac with the help of emulators is not a challenging task. Here we take another 3 emulator examples to install Android apps on Mac:
1. Android Studio Emulator
Android Studio Emulator by Google lets you create a virtual Android device on your Mac, so you can run Android apps on Mac. It also helps you simulate calls, texts, location, Google Play Store, and much more. This emulator is more suitable for developers.
At first, Download Android Studio from the official website and set it up on your Mac.
- In order to run Android apps, open Android Studio and create an AVD.
- Then select an Android device type you like to create a virtual device.
Click the "RUN" option, you will see Android screen on the screen. You can now easily run Android apps on Mac.
Genymotion is another Android emulator to create virtual devices, mainly used for development and testing purposes. It provides the best UX to run Android on macOS. Below are the steps that you can follow to run Android apps on Mac using Genymotion.It is available on macOS 10.13 and above.
- Download Genymotion from the official website. For macOS 12, you also need to download with its VirtualBox.
- Launch Genymotion. And log in to your own account.
Select a virtual device and customize its settings as you like. Complete the whole process.
Double click the device name you create, and you will see the screen. Now start running the apps.
Unlike the above 2 emulator, NoxPlayer focuses on Game emulator. You can downlod and install Android games and other apps on Mac with NoxPlayer. It provides intelligent controls and is perfect run Android apps on Macbook.
Go to the website and download the latest Mac version of NoxPlayer.
- Once the installation process is completed, click the “Start” option.
- On the main screen, you will find Google Play Store, from where you can install all the available Android apps.
- Install the apps or games on Mac and start playing.
Part 3: How to Run Android Apps on PC with Phone Mirror
If you are not a fan of emulators, you can also run Android apps on Mac without Emulator. The easiest one you will find is the screen mirroring tools. Tenorshare Phone Mirror allows you to mirror Android to Mac with the help of a USB cable. Then you can control the mobile and run apps by using your keyboard and mouse. You can also take screenshots or record the screen of your Android phone on Mac.
First, download and install Phone Mirror by Tenorshare on your Mac and connect your Android phone via a USB cable. There will be an on-screen guide that shows how to enable USB debugging in your device.
After Phone Mirror recognizes your device, click on the "Mirror" button and startup.
You will see your Android screen on the PC right away. Now click on the app icon shown on the screen with your mouse to run it.
Run Android apps on Mac might sound untraditional, but it is not impossible. Emulators mentioned above will create the best virtual Android environment on your Mac to help you run Android apps. Plus, Tenorshare Phone Mirror is better than emulators if you want to open Android apps on Mac.
- Play Android games on PC and Mac with keyboard mapping
- Screen Mirror Android & iOS to PC No Delay
- Directly control Android devices from PC & Mac
- Mirror up to 5 Android devices at the same time
- Transfer files between Android and PC