How to Update Safari on Mac with Picture Guide
Updating Safari on Mac has excellent advantages in various aspects, which you might have been waiting for so long. It gets updated in UI, responsive browsing experience, bug fixes, and many more. In this tutorial guide, we are walking you through how to update Safari on Mac easily and even to recover lost history or data in Mac.
- Part 1. What's The Latest Version of Safari for Mac?
- Part 2. Why Do You Want to Update Safari on Macbook?
- Part 3. How to Update Safari on Mac Step by Step?
- Part 4. A Useful Tip on How to Get Back Deleted Safari History?
- Part 5. Is it Possible to Update Safari for Windows?
Part 1. What's The Latest Version of Safari for Mac?
Safari has a long-run history, it was first introduced in 2007, and after that, it has got many updates and modifications for user experience. Apple provides two variants of Safari, which includeS Mac, iPad, and iPhones.
Safari update 2019 is Safari 13.x, which is the latest Safari for Mac available to download at the official Apple store. Safari has a history of version 1.x to 13.x to date and will get an update as required. Safari 13.x is available for macOS 10.14.5 and 10.13.6.
Part 2. Why Do You Want to Update Safari on Macbook?
Here we are discussing possible reasons why and how to get the latest version of Safari for Mac. There are a couple of reasons you would want to update Safari Macbook. Some of them are listed here:
- Regular update in bug fix for signing in Apple account.
- Dark more and reader mode support while browsing at night and consumes less battery.
- New security features added to enable secure browsing.
- UI changes
- Developer tools update.
- Customized feeds and responsive page loading.
- Sync your Mac browsing to iPhone or iPad.
- Added more extension to enhance browsing and shortcut task management.
- Downloadable and install the update.
- Getting rid of unnecessary pop-ups and ads.
- Cookie management and data.
Part 3. How to Update Safari on Mac Step by Step?
Wondering how to update safari on macbook air? Follow the steps to find out:
- First of all you need to make a backup of your system before installing an update.
- Get connected to reliable internet connection before you start updating Safari on Mac.
- Then, click on Apple preference menu in top-left corner of your screen. You will get couple of drop-down items.
Click on software update from the drop down toupdate safari on Macbook pro.
You will get a window saying.
Click on the Update Now button, and you are ready to go. In case your window says your system is up to date, then you are rocking the latest version software where every app is updated. After enabling updates Safari on MacBook air, you will get this screen where your Safari will be updated and installed automatically.
In case you have earlier Mac OS version you need to follow the following steps:
- Open the Apple store.
Click on the Updates icon in the rightmost Navigation bar.
- Click on update to update your Safari or other required software.
Part 4. A Useful Tip on How to Get Back Deleted Safari History?
Finally, here is how to recover deleted safari history. You might encounter data loss due to various catastrophes. You can improve the forgotten history of Safari on Mac with the help of Tenorshare UltData - Mac Data Recovery. This software supports to recover more than 35+ file types, allowing you to selectively pull data from different partition and then retrieve thoese deleted files.
Here are steps to recover lost file from External Hard Drive on Mac:
On the home interface, tick the location where the lost files were saved, for example, /Desktop/Safari. If you have no idea, check "The Whole Computer" which will scan the whole system for you.
Click "Scan" and UltData – Mac will start scanning thoroughly. Once it is done, it will list all deleted files in the location you selected.
Check the required files and click on the "Recover" to save the recovered data.
Part 5. Is It Possible to Update Safari for Windows?
Safari does not provide software options in the "Help" section like any other browsers out there available. You need to manually navigate to "downloaded the safari update execution file" and install them in your windows. Steps to follow:
Navigate to C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update.
You will find the SoftwareUpdate.exe file, open it up, and you are set to download and update.
- It may take just a couple of minutes to update and install, depending on your internet connection.
After installation, you will get a screen pop with the License Agreement paper. Agree on that and enjoy the updated Safari browser in your Windows OS. Or, choose “Update Safari Automatically” while installing safari in Windows OS.
Updating the Safari browser in Mac OS is pretty simple, with the above guides mentioned. Updating Safari will give you enhanced performance experience while browsing through websites. Besides, if you want to recover deleted safari history, you can download the Tenorshare UltData - Mac Data Recovery tool to help you.