How to Airdrop Files from Mac to iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
by Sophie Green Updated on 2022-12-28 / Update for iOS File Transfer
AirDrop is a quick and useful way that lets you share files wirelessly between your Macs and iOS devices. With AirDrop, you can instantly share your photos, videos, locations, and more with other Apple devices nearby. Now in this article, we will show you how to find and use AirDrop to share files between your iPhone, iPad and MacBook/Mac Air/Pro.
- Before AirDrop Mac to iPhone with Files You Should Know
- How to AirDrop Files from Mac to iPhone
- Additional Tip: Transfer Files from Mac to iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Before AirDrop Mac to iPhone with Files You Should Know
Make sure that both devices can use AirDrop:
- On Mac computers, choose Go from the menu bar in the Finder. If the Go menu includes AirDrop, that Mac can use AirDrop.
On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to open Control Center, then press and hold the network settings card, turn on the AirDrop button.
How to AirDrop Files from Mac to iPhone
To send content from Mac to iPhone using airdrop, just follow the step-by-step guide to achieve it.
Open Finder and choose Go > AirDrop, or select AirDrop in the sidebar of a Finder window.
- The AirDrop window displays iPhone users who have AirDrop open nearby. Next, drag the files to the recipient's image in the window and click Send.
Or use the Share feature:
Click Share button, if available in your app. Or Control-click an item in the Finder, then choose Share from the shortcut menu.
- The Share menu will list several sharing options, choose AirDrop.
- Select a recipient from the AirDrop sheet, then click Done.
How to AirDrop Files from iPhone to Mac
AirDrop uses Wi-Fi to transfer files from iPhone/iPad to Mac with AirDrop, which means your iDevices have to connect Wi-Fi first. Also, AirDrop requires a 2012 or later Mac model running OS X Yosemite or later to transfer files between a computer and an iPhone or iPad.
To transfer files between iPhone/iPad and Mac using AriDrop, follow the steps:
- Open the app which you want to transfer file on iPhone/iPad.
Find the file and click the Share option(a box with an up arrow through it), and you will AirDrop button.
- Choose your computer’s name.
- Then on your Mac. Just accept the requirement when it pops up.
Additional Tip: Transfer Files from Mac to iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
What if AirDrop is not working ,then you cannot AirDrop from iPhone to Mac/Macbook,what could you do ? Actually, you can transfer files from Mac to iPhone with the help of Tenorshare iCareFone for Mac. This all-in-one software can also play the role of file manager. Its poweful features include manage, add, delete, merge duplicates or export files like Contact, Notes, Calendars, App, Music, Videos, Bookmarks, Photos and iBooks.
- To transfer your files from Mac to iPhone, please download and install Tenorshare iCareFone for Mac first. Then launch it.
Go to “Manage” on the top bar, and check the file types on the left side.
- You can easily add/delete/merge duplicates/view/export any items you want. At last the full guide you can check How to Transfer Files Easily.
In this post, we have shown a concise guide on how to airdrop files from Mac to iPhone, iPad. And we also recommended a best alternative tool called Tenorshare iCareFone for Mac. If you have any question or comment, just leave in the comment section.