Top 2 Ways to Fix Move to iOS Not Working
Move to iOS, introduced by Apple, is a free app for data transfer from Android device to iOS device, which got a nice reputation among both Apple and Android user. But recently, a lot of complaints arise in the tech forum that user have encountered various kinds of Move to iOS issues, like Move to iOS unable to migrate or it stuck on transfer process . If you are experiencing a similar issue, this post might be helpful, which focuses on solving Move to iOS issues when you move files from Android to iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5s/5.
Part 1: You-Must-Know Tips about Move to iOS
Before we start with the potential solutions, we suggest you to make clear of some tips you have to learn.
- Firstly, Move to iOS app only works with Android 4.0 or higher, and iOS 9 or later.
- Secondly, Move to iOS does not support two-way transfer, that is to say, this app works with data transfer from Android to iOS only.
- Thirdly, you have to ensure that both the iOS and Android device are fullyl charged and have enough space left.
- Fourthly, Move to iOS transfer will be greatly affected by the data size.
Since you have known all the tips, now let’s move on to the solutions to fix Move to iOS “unable to migrate” error.
Part 2: Troubleshoot Move to iOS Not Working
This part includes 2 potential solutions you can refer to to help you fix Move to iOS not working issue, below is what you can try.
1. Restart Your Mobiles Phones
Just like restarting a PC can troubleshoot problems, so restarting your phone can achieve the same goal. Simply restart both your Android device and iPhone, and check whether the issue disappears or not.
2. Check Network Connection
If you have received an error message like Move to iOS “Could not communicate with the device” error, or Wi-Fi keeping dropping on both devices, then you can try the following steps one by one:
- First of all, please make sure that both your Android device and iPhone are well connected.
- Turn off Smart Network Switch option or something similar that could possibly affect Wi-Fi connection on your Android device.
- Enable the Airplane mode on your Android phone
If tips above don’t work for you, you might as well attempt to export files from Android device to computer, then add these files to iPhone from computer. The previous step is not difficult, while the latter one is a little tricky so that we suggest you to use a third-party data transfer tool. In my experience, Tenorshare iCareFone is an excellent data transfer program. It supports you to transfer contacts, videos, text messages, photos, music and more from computer to iOS devices within one click. Just go get one and give it a free shot!
Did any of these work for you? Let us know in the comments section below or tell us if you found another way to fix “Move to iOS not working” issue. Stay updated with all the latest news and developments.