How to Transfer iPhone Videos to Mac Easily
It is impossible to predict what a user wants, but in certain situations, users may need to transfer their valuable videos from iPhone to the Mac. There are many reasons why a user would do that, maybe for editing before sharing, or the iPhone is out of space or maybe he is just making a backup in case of data loss. So, if you are an iPhone user and you want to know how to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac quickly, then this article provides a few options which may be of use to you. The methods are elaborated in details below.
- Way 1: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac Flexibly
- Way 2: How to Import Videos from iPhone to Mac with Photos/iPhoto
- Way 3: How to Upload Videos from iPhone to Mac using iCloud
- Way 4: How to Move Videos from iPhone to Mac Wirelessly
- Way 5: How to Get Videos from iPhone to Mac by iMessage
- Easy to use
- Superior Transfer speeds
- No Wi-Fi needed
- Fully readable and accessible videos or any data after transfer
- Selectively choose videos or opt for bulk transfer
- No iTunes or iCloud restrictions
- No storage limitation
- Compatible with all of the older and newer versions of iPhones
Way 1: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac Flexibly
Although Apple has provided a lot of ways to sync or transfer your files from iPhone to Mac, still the top position belongs to Tenorshare iCareFone. It is a third-party app which is able to transfer variety of data like videos, photos and music etc. to other iOS devices just with a single click. Compatible with both Mac and Windows, this data transfer tool is specifically built to help iOS users in transferring data. Here are some of the advantages of this software:
Follow the instructions below to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac with Tenorshare iCareFone:
1. Download and install the app on your Mac.
2. Run the program on your Mac.
3. Then, connect your iPhone X/8/7/6/5/SE with your Mac, via USB cable.
4. When Tenorshare iCareFone detects the connected device, navigate to "Manage".
5. From the "Manage" go to "Videos".
6. Now, Tenorshare iCareFone interface will display all of your video collections chronologically.
7. It will be very helpful for you as you can select the target file very easily and preview it
8. After your selection is done, click on the "Export" button.
After that videos will start transferring instantly, with amazing speed. Don't miss this software!
Way 2: How to Import Videos from iPhone to Mac with Photos/iPhoto
After Apple introduced the new Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3, Photos App came as the replacement to the older iPhoto app. The default feature of Photos App is to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac but it can also be used to transfer video from iPhone to Mac if the devices were connected via USB cable. It is basically an upgraded version of iPhoto with an improved interface and some added features. Keep in mind that it requires the latest generation of iTunes to work smoothly.
1. Connect your iPhone with a USB cable on to your Mac, and the Photos App will be launched automatically. If it fails to launch automatically, then launch it manually.
2. Now on the interface, select iPhone and you will see all your photos and videos listed
3. Now, select the videos and tap the "Import" option from the top menu.
4. If you do not need the files after importing them, you will also need to turn on the "Delete item" option. As the Photos App is very convenient and free, it is very popular among the users and rightfully so!
Way 3: How to Upload Videos from iPhone to Mac using iCloud
As the name suggests iCloud is not only a Cloud service, it is way more than that. iCloud is an essential app for iOS users, the app provides a few powerful features like iCloud Photo Library, Media Library, storage space and a lot more. If iCloud Photo Library is enabled on your iPhone, then it will sync all of your photos and videos from your iPhone, which you can be accessed from any other iDevice. You also need a good Wi-Fi network and you have to use the same Apple ID on every device. So, if you are wondering how to transfer videos from iPhone onto Mac, then one of the viable options is to use iCloud Photo Library, and the activation process is mentioned below…
If you want to upload your videos from iPhone to Mac using iCloud Photo Library, then you need to activate the feature on both of the device.
1. First, open your Mac and then navigate to "System Preferences". From there go to iCloud, just activate the "iCloud Photo Library" option.
2. On your iPhone, go to "Settings" and then visit your Profile. From there go to iCloud and then enter Photos. Now turn on the "iCloud Photo Library" feature.
Immediately after activating the feature on both of the devices, iCloud Photo Library will start syncing photos and videos. It will take a few hours to complete the process, but you can monitor the progress from the iCloud interface. You can also get access to your videos from your Mac using the Photos app.
Way 4: How to Move Videos from iPhone to Mac Wirelessly
The AirDrop app works a bit similar to Email as it is a wireless form of transfer. You can add various kinds of data to AirDrop from iPhone and transfer them to Mac. Unfortunately, it is a new app and it only supports the latest Mac OS X Yosemite, you will also need a strong Wi-Fi connection as well.
1. So, you should activate AirDrop on your device and select Everyone after connecting both your devices to the same network.
2. Now, open the Finder and run Airdrop on MacBook/MacBook Pro/Air/iMac/iMac Pro and enable Everyone in discovery settings
3. When AirDrop is connected, select the videos from your camera to transfer them to your Mac, you can do that by tapping the share icon.
If your Wi-Fi is weak then it would take a long time to transfer the files, otherwise, AirDrop's transfer rate is fast.
Way 5: How to Get Videos from iPhone to Mac by iMessage
iMessage was developed by Apple as a medium of conversation between iOS users. Although the app is not a multi-platform messaging app, it still has subdued the needs of the iOS users. Besides texts, iMessage is also able to send videos between iOS users. This particular function of the app is widely loved and used by many. Here' s how to use iMessage to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac:
1. On your Mac, open Messages.
2. Now, go to "Performances" and then tap on "Accounts"
3. Enter the sign in details or the Apple ID and password when prompted.
4. After logging-in, tap on "Enable this account" option.
iMessage was designed to compete with various Android messaging apps, this app excelled at its primary task alongside providing the users with an excellent medium to transfer data. Keep in mind, after you login you can only transfer videos between two specific devices and it also comes with storage limitation.
So, these are some of the most effective ways on how to transfer videos from iPhone to MacBook. It is true that Apple has worked really hard to provide support for customers, also the new apps they have developed are really good. It is unfortunate for Apple that there are also other developers who are working for supporting apps to help iOS users. Tenorshare iCareFone is such an app, and it excels in every way when compared to other apps. The advantages it offers over other methods here simply seals the deal! Most importantly, it is really effective, easy to use and super fast. So, our choice in this article is none other than Tenorshare iCareFone and we would highly encourage you to go for it!