How to Download Text Messages from iPhone to Computer: 3 Methods Here
There are numerous reasons why you might want to save or download text messages from iPhone to computer. You probably have an important conversation that you don’t want to lose or save for later.
But how exactly do you do that? How to download text messages from iPhone to computer? Don’t worry — we’ve got you covered with all the working methods down below! We have enlisted the easiest method for PC, as well as for Mac.
- How to Download Text Messages from iPhone to Computer: 3 Methods
- Method 1. Sync Text Messages from iPhone to Mac with iCloud
- Method 2. Download Messages from iPhone to Computer Using Screenshots
- Method 3. Best Method to Download Messages from iPhone to Computer - iCareFone
- How do I Save an Imessage conversation as a PDF?
How to Download Text Messages from iPhone to Computer: 3 Methods
Here are 3 methods on how to transfer text messages from iPhone to computer. Follow the steps below.
Method 1. Sync Text Messages from iPhone to Mac with iCloud
If you have a Mac, the easiest way how to download texts from iPhone to computer seamlessly is using iCloud. You only have to turn ON this feature once, and all of your current and future messages will then automatically sync to your computer.
Here’s how to save text messages from iPhone to computer if you’re using a Mac:
On your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select Messages.
Select “Text Message Forwarding”.
- You will see a toggle with your Mac’s name on it. If you don’t see one, make sure that you’re logged in with the same Apple ID on your Mac.
- Now, go back to the main page of Settings and select your Apple ID at the top.
- Select “iCloud”.
- Then select “See All”, and scroll down until you see Messages.
Make sure the toggle for Messages is turned ON.
Then, you need to continue the steps on your Mac.
- Open the Messages app.
- On the top menu bar, select “Messages”, then hit “Settings”.
- Select the “iMessage” tab at the top.
- Turn ON the toggle for “Enable Messages in iCloud”.
Now, all of your messages should automatically sync from your iPhone to your Mac.
Method 2. Download Messages from iPhone to Computer Using Screenshots
The 2nd method to save text messages from iPhone to computer is through screenshots. As the name suggests, this method involves taking screenshots of your messages, and then forwarding those screenshots to your PC for safekeeping.
This method works for Macs, as well as PCs. However, be noted that this method is not the most reliable out there. The more messages you have, the longer it will take. Plus the process is quite cumbersome too.
If that’s fine with you, here’s how to download texts from iPhone to computer using this method.
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Select the conversation you want to save.
- Take screenshots of all the messages you want to save. To take a screenshot, press the Side and Volume Up buttons together.
- When you’re done taking all the screenshots, close the Messages app and open the Photos app.
- Select all the screenshots you just took, then tap the Share icon.
- Choose your email app from the share sheet.
- Now, email the screenshots to yourself by typing in your own email address.
- Wait for the email to send.
- When it’s done, open your email on your PC.
- Then, simply download the attached screenshots from the email, and now you have your conversations on your PC.
Method 3. Best Method to Download Messages from iPhone to Computer - iCareFone
As you probably understood, the screenshot method is not very reliable. And you can’t use the iCloud sync method on your Windows PC because it doesn’t support iMessage.
So, is there no reliable method to download text messages from iPhone to computer? There is! With Tenorshare iCareFone (all-in-one iOS data management tool), you can easily export all of your text messages from iPhone to computer in just a few minutes. The steps are very easy to follow and don’t require any technical knowledge.
Your messages are exported into Excel format, so you can easily save the file wherever you want. Here’s how to download messages from iPhone to computer using iCareFone:
First, download and install Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer, then open it. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. You can also connect your iPhone to iCareFone without cable via WiFi connection (Make sure that both your device and computer are connected to the same WiFi network).
In Tenorshare iCareFone, select the Manage tab. Select the Messages icon from the left side. Now, you will see all of your text messages from the iPhone in iCareFone. Select all the conversations you’d like to export to your PC. When you’ve selected all the messages, tap the “Export” button.
Simply save the file to your desired destination.
And that’s pretty much it! That’s how to download texts to computer from iPhone using Tenorshare iCareFone.
How do I Save an Imessage conversation as a PDF?
You can not directly save your imessage conversation as a pdf, but you can copy this conversation and then paste it in Files to make it a PDF. Here’re the steps:
Open the messages app and select the chat you want to export. Select all the messages you want to export from the conversation. Copy the messages.
- Open Pages, Google Docs, or any other text editor of your choice. Paste the messages. Now, export the document as PDF, and then share it to your computer.
Related read Export Text Messages from iPhone to PDF.
The Bottom Line
If you’re a Mac user, you can simply turn on iCloud Messages and Text Message Forwarding to get all of your iPhone messages on your Mac.
However, if you have a Windows PC, downloading text messages from an iPhone to a computer is not exactly the easiest task ever. That’s because there’s no direct syncing feature between iPhones and Windows.
So, the next best way to download your messages is to use Tenorshare iCareFone. With iCareFone, you can transfer all of your messages from iPhone to PC in minutes!
Lastly, you can also take screenshots of your messages and forward them to your computer. But — this method is not very reliable, and it only transfers the screenshots, not the actual messages.